login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★NEWEST★★Favorite Links & Sites (Community PowerTools)

Post One

I have been creating a thread (we once referred to them as PowerTool- here at bmindful )

Its a collection of things which work for us (links, sites, 'instructions'  etc).

Its expected to be a large compilation

Thought I'd do a capsule version -right here in the present here

& open it to others here to take time to share what things you love

(Powertool was an idea and thread type that member SRWE aka MadCookieMan/Jeff created for Bmindful)

:♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥

He organized his so well!

:♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ

we once created threads like this -called PowerTools Jeff coined the title. Thank you Jeff! much love with all of your endeavors!Jeff's Powertools-thread from 2009

Jeff's intro looked like this:

These are things I that I believe can be used to make great leaps in your personal development, at least the things I want to work on more. I’m certainly no expert and still have much to learn and do in these areas, but they are things that I KNOW are powerful. There is much on this site that relates to these ideas; some of you might want to post some links to bemindful threads and other sites in your own Powertools thread. This thread might get pretty big, so my idea is that each of you could make your own Power Tools post. I think that would make it easier to find stuff. We learn by doing, and we do by learning. A thread like this thread can be as useful to YOU as it can be to others, you see, ‘cause we also learn by teaching! If you think this is worthwhile, I would suggest each have a similar title like “Powertools – Laurie”, and “Powertools – Jeff”, and “Powertools – Meditating Mama”. That would make them easy for everyone to find with a simple search for Powertools. I might want to spend some time in Laurie’s toolchest to get her perspective on something and find that “nugget” I’m looking for! Get the idea?

Will begin with an intention/heart focus for April from HeartMath from their Heart Moments Calendar from 2016

April – Adventure

Create a Self-Spa: Soak your anxieties, frustrations and ‘overload’ in the heart for self-reset and renewal.

Decide who you truly are and be that as you pioneer your new adventure.

Make changing unwanted habits a fun adventure.

Write down things you’d like to improve. Read it. Review it. Become it.

Practice heart-focused breathing before interactions today.

Radiate care, compassion and peace to our planet throughout the day.

Practice feeling the difference between true heart connection and surface level connection with others.

Clearing old judgments and hurts allows the dreams of our heart to awaken

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Post Two

first a couple little visuals that I love:

Image result for Routines And Habits pic quotesRelated image

•  

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Post Three

My-favorite-goto-areas.jpg

Today is a great day to be in touch with my thoughts, feelings, and actions.

Today I choose to move forward in areas that matter ... and in ways that ease into everything with joy and personal high value-meaning.

getting unstuck in 4 easy steps

{capsule version}

Action Steps:

1. Frame your challenge
2. Draw upon what is working by examining your strengths, your values and what you have done in previous situations to help you out of another challenge. 
3. Create your Ideal, translate it into a Vision and an intention.
4. Come up with a mantra to remind you of your vision.
5. Every day, commit to a small action to prove that you are moving towards your Ideal and remind yourself what is working. 
6. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

© Astrid Baumgardner 2012

about the author: Astrid Baumgardner, JD, PCC is a professional life coach and lawyer, Coordinator of Career Strategies and Lecturer at the Yale School of Music and the founder and President of Astrid Baumgardner Coaching + Training, which is dedicated to helping musicians, lawyers and creative professionals take charge of their lives and experience authentic success. In addition to her work at YSM and her individual coaching practice, Astrid presents workshops at leading conservatories and law firms on topics including Career Planning, Goal-Setting, Time Management, Dynamic Communication, Conflict Management and Personal Branding and Networking. She is the author of numerous articles on the various aspects of how to achieve and live authentic success.

• ~

Cultivating the Positive Mindset: Using Your Best-Self Flow Affirmationarticle -link

First, remember what you are like at your best and use your positive affirmation to inspire you in your work, such as in a performance, as a powerful reminder of what you are like when you are in the flow.  You can also select one word from your Flow Affirmation each day and make it a goal to be that person.

Second, be aware of the times that you are not at your best.  What message are you giving yourself?  This is the time to answer with your affirmation, the reminder of what you are like when you are at Flow so that you can inspire yourself to take more positive actions and be your Flow self.

Moreover, when you are not at your best, ask yourself what it would take to be your best.  You can make it a goal to improve this area and then figure out the strategies for achieving that goal.

Be sure to document your successes.  Keep a journal of the times that you feel great about what you have accomplished.  What did it take for you to achieve that result?  Remember that the next time you are stuck!

read whole article-link

© Astrid Baumgardner 2014

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Post Four

love Free Printables: love sites which keep life simple-GET ORGANIZED! MY WEEKLY (SLOW DOWN)  -free printables and other goodies-LINK

Peaceful Mom is a site I found years ago. 

She  is quite organized and creative... I like her

While I'm not sure which/what she has chosen that I'd prepare... It definitely got me thinking since ease is #1 for me/us at our home:EASY QUARANTINE MEAL PLAN FOR THIS WEEK-Quarantine Meals

article by Peaceful Mom 

HOW TO ORGANIZE PAPERWORK (& KEEP IT THAT WAY!)

PERSONAL– habits that keep me healthy and happy 

PEOPLE – activities that promote relationship with the people I love

PASSION – activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life

PURPOSE – tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life

PROJECTS – priority tasks that need to be finished this week
the PeacefulMom © 2009-2014 Kimberlee Stokes – ThePeacefulMom.com – All rights reserved. – The Peaceful Mom

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Post Five

“To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?” -Katharine Graham (born in 1917)

HAPPY HEALTHY WEALTHY-accountabilityHappy goals-Healthy goals-Wealthy goals

Jim Bunch, an ultimate life coach who Kathy Pauuw  worked with in 2008, taught her  how to play the HappyHealthy-Wealthy game,

• Happy goals: These goals are related to relationships, hobbies, family and free time, personal growth, or areas of life that bring greater happiness and fulfillment. Focus is both on what you are doing and on who you are being in the process.

• Healthy goals: These goals are related to diet, exercise, hydration, rest and rejuvenation, stress reduction, appearance, and physical, mental, and spiritual health.

• Wealthy goals: These goals are related to income generation, investments/ leveraging your money, savings (college education, retirement, etc.), leaving a legacy through charitable giving or volunteer work, and creating an ideal lifestyle for yourself. Your wealthy goal is about what makes you feel wealthy (which may have nothing to do with money). Here’s how it works. You create happy, healthy, and wealthy goals or intentions for the next workday.to read Kathy's article in full-link 

LOVE THIS!

example of today's healthy goals: related to diet, exercise, hydration, rest and rejuvenation, stress reduction, appearance, and physical, mental, and spiritual health.

Set Your Priorities00019004_88596.gif
A philosophy professor stood before his class, with some items in front of him.
00019004_88596.gifWhen class began,
wordlessly he picked up a large empty glass jar
and proceeded to fill it with rocks right to the top,

rocks about 5 centimeters (2 inches) in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They all agreed that it was.

00019004_88596.gifSo the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them in to the jar.

He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. The students laughed. He asked his students again if the jar was full. They agreed that yes, it was.

00019004_88596.gifThe professor then picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

00019004_88596.gif“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this is your life. 

The rocks are the important things - your family, your spouse, your health, your children - anything that is so important to you that if it were lost, you would be nearly destroyed. 

The pebbles are the other things in life that matter, but on a smaller scale. The pebbles represent things like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff.

00019004_88596.gif“If you put the sand or the pebbles into the jar first, there is no room for the rocks.

00019004_88596.gifThe same goes for your life. If you spend all your energy and time on the small stuff, the material things, you will never have room for the things that are truly most important.

Pay attention to the things that are critical in your life.

00019004_88596.gifDon’t ever take them for granted in any way. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party, and organize the closet.”

00019004_88596.gifThe moral, or lesson, of the story is: Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just pebbles and sand.

by Author Unknown

When we allow our heartfelt priorities to get attention -our life is living only a heartfelt enjoyable life.

Share an affirmation which represents your energy of LIVING & loving in greater ways

Time-is-always-on-my-side-652x1024.jpg

Gratitude for it all is the foundational energy.

I trust in how we take care of ourselves because we truly desire  a sweet life. 

~

00019004_88596.gif

“The greatest value of the planning process is not what it does to your schedule, but what it does to your head.  As you begin to think more in terms of importance, you begin to see time differently.  You become empowered to put first things first in your life in a significant way.”    –Stephen Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

Kathy Paauw of Paauwerfully Organized

link-Weekly Planning – A Transformational Key to Reclaiming Your Life

Key Roles
For the Year-Plan
newsletters

Clarity about priorities — who you want to be and what you want to do
Organizing your time — planning specific activities to accomplish those priorities
Executing the plan — following through with intention and doing what you say you will do Kathy Paauw
Kathy Paauw’s Blog & The Music of Your Heart
Kathy Pauuw tips & tools
Kathy Paauw declutter
Kathy Paauw tickler file

Organized Times
~

In our lives- in my lil' household,  communication and planning around work schedule is a biggie.

By being clear with who is doing what and when, it cuts down on unnecessary talking and using up energy -that can be used in things beyond the

household management-business of living(:

~

• Start decluttering where you are. Overwhelmed by all that you need to declutter? Start right where you are, and pick a few things that you don’t need or use, and put them in a bag or box to be donated or recycled. You’ve now started. Tomorrow, do it again.
  • ~
    Do your work with gratitude and compassion. Before you start, remember to be grateful for what you have, for being able to clean or declutter. Be grateful for the people you have in your life, and remember why you’re grateful for them. Then remember you’re cleaning out of compassion: for the people in your life, so that their day might be a bit better for having a clean counter or sink, for yourself, so that you might have a nice uncluttered space in which to read a good book. This is your intention, and it will help you remember to be mindful.
  • ~
    Pay attention to your thoughts, body, actions. Practice focusing your attention: on the rag, on the broom, on the dust. But also notice your thoughts: are you thinking about other things? Are you judging others? Are you wishing things were different? Are you angry? Don’t banish the thoughts, but notice them. Then return to the cleaning. Notice too as you clean your body, and your breathing. Notice everything about the moment, immerse yourself in the moment.
  • ~
    You are already there.

• This is not a set of ideals to aspire to, a standard of perfection to achieve. 

My relationship is a top priority in my life

00019004_88596.gif

I respect and cherish my mate!

• #1 Goal setting worksheet for couples
    Here’s the simple worksheet we use to plan goals. The worksheet is a few pages long because it provides space for us to document shared goals and individual goals.
    Goal Setting for Couples Worksheet
    Step 1
    Several dimensions of life are listed in the first column. For each dimension, brainstorm goals you would like to achieve. You’re brainstorming, so don’t place limits on the number or nature of the goals you list. Identify goals you’d like to target personally in the second column and goals you’d like to target as a couple in the third column.
    to read entire PDF

I look forward to cleaning,organizing and decorating my home because doing so adds to the environment I love so very much!

Blank (Customizable) Grocery Shopping List

Inspirational-Quotes-for-Decluttering-Inner-Calm-700.png

02650ec212c85a5fc782462daa84c6d9.jpg00019004_88596.gifth?id=OIP.P_vE2OsDyg7jFnu_teGlRgEsCo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=293&h=16500019004_88596.gifwhats-your-system created by meditating mama

an old article I saved, and enjoy the energy of clearing, organizing & clearing out:

Does Your Creative Life Need a Spring Cleaning?

The first step in my spring cleaning process is to reassess your space, your schedule, and patterns of mind to see what is supporting or not supporting your writing life.

Go and look at your writing space. What’s the state of it? Do you feel a sense of ease when you look at it? Is it crammed with stuff that belongs in other rooms of your house? If you live with other people, is this space known as your special writing area?

Have you even claimed some special place yet, or are you waiting for permission from someone else? If you’re struggling with this, see my post on claiming creative space.

Survey your space and make a quick list of what you feel needs your attention most. The questions below are not exhaustive, but offer a good place to start.

-Do you need to organize and sort your paper files?

-Would it be useful to create an index for your piles of journals?

-Are there notes from conferences and workshops that need to be reviewed and filed?

-Are there writing exercises that could be useful to you if they were typed up?

-When was the last time you did a backup of your computer files? Do you need to delete or add programs?

-Do you need to release some writing books? Welcome others?

-Do you need to physically clean your computer?

-Do you have visible reminders of your writing accomplishments? Is it time to take some down and put up new ones?

-Do you have too much or too little of something in your space?

-Do you need more or less shelf space?

-Are there big physical jobs you’d like to do (i.e. paint)?

Once you have your list you can break each item down into specific tasks.

It’s important to not get overwhelmed during spring cleaning. Many people decide they will devote a day to a spring cleaning project and then realize that they’re cranky after two hours and that the task requires at least two days. Start small and reward yourself often. Why not take from now until the official start of summer to spring clean? You could choose one project each week. I suggest working in 15-30 minute intervals so there’s less chance of getting frustrated and overwhelmed. I enjoy using an online stopwatch.

What are you reassessing right now in support of your writing life?

While I was enjoying the article above, I noticed other wonderful inspirational pieces were on that site . Hope you enjoy too

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content