login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Using Media for your Affirmations

After reading a thread on music as an affirmation, I turned to our local Jazz/Soul radio station. I listened for about ten minutes and during this time I was bombarded with so many messages.

Bankruptcy – stop the debt and the harassing phone calls.
Used Cars – buy them on credit, regardless of your credit history or bankruptcy.
Computers – you won’t be “in” unless you own one. You won’t be turned down regardless of your credit history or bankruptcy.

People, if you listened to that station for just 60 minutes, what kind of affirmations are you putting into your subconscious? It is all about lack, lack, lack!! If you go through all the effort for positive affirmations, I really want you to think about all the other messages you are processing in the background. This cannot be healthy or productive!

It isn’t just radio. While I was waiting in line at the grocery store, I was reading headlines of the major magazines. It was all about not being good enough for who you are. You need this lipstick or this weightloss gimmick. You must drive this car or have this great electronic gadget. How could you ever be satisfied unless you had more???

Don’t even get me started on television. Just one half hour during morning cartoons and you will get bombarded with McDonalds (truly a healthy treat for our kids…NOT), sugar cereals, toys of all kinds. How could your children ever be happy with what they had?

Since we spend so much time trying to improve ourselves through affirmations, I think we deserve to pay attention to all the messages we allow to pass through. Either we should consider a media fast or be prepared to put on some heavy filters.

The media has its job; to make revenue. We have our job; to improve our lives. I just wanted to post something to make us stop and think while we are living our lives outside of the time when we are “affirming”. There really isn’t a time when we aren’t!! All of life is an affirmation. Let’s just let the good in!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I don’t listen to “pop” music anymore… I think I got depressed through listening to Sarah McLachlan, although she’s beautiful… she’s so depressing!

I don’t have a tv – all my media is through the internet, so I do a quick scan of the local news every day or so to keep up on what’s happening. My son only gets very limited media from friends and family’s tvs and sometimes the odd (toy) catalogue that makes it into our house!

I totally agree with you, media/advertising has an agenda.

If you miss radio, try the hayhouse radio online.

Freya

Focus

Thanks for reminding me about Hayhouse radio!! I used to listen to it a long time ago and forgot about it. It sure beats listening to the news!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Oh my gosh! Im shaking with excitement and cant wait to listen to the Hayhouse radio! Thankyou thankyou for sharing in a radio station that is great for the soul! My body is shaking, as thou my soul is hungry! Kind weird term of been hungry I know lol. I love listening to music!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for sharing hay House(:

Here are some more online things for your listening pleasure(:
Hope you enjoy Guy Finley.

http://www.guyfinley.com/Wisdom_Tree/Radio_Show_Archives/Home.php4

http://www.guyfinley.com/podcasts/Home.php4

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Dee, you’re so cute :) LOL

Focus

lol

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saw this thread from 2009 surface, and thought this would be a great area to share this link (from a site I appreciate) (:

How To Become a Positive Loving Person in 3 Minutes by Zeenat {PositiveProvocations.com

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content