login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★NEWEST★★de-clutter it all (bring YOU & post what you love!)

51368828871379735bea73933df7cce0.jpg

related threads in process

created by Flowergirl thread-★spring

created by Poppy

thread★NEWEST★★Springtime Activities

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Best-Marie-Kondo-Quotes-for-Tidying-Up-reset-your-life.jpg

ffdb8bfc4c9b0a2c475401f612df3dce.jpgc42c46263ab8702a4b27ed85fb4d72ca--garden-quotes-seeds.jpg

Image result for mindfulness affirmation pics

an old article I saved, and enjoy the energy of clearing, organizing & clearing out:

Does Your Creative Life Need a Spring Cleaning?

The-first-step-in-my.jpg

Go-and-look-at-your.jpg

Have you even claimed some special place yet, or are you waiting for permission from someone else? If you’re struggling with this, see my post on claiming creative space.

Survey your space and make a quick list of what you feel needs your attention most. The questions below are not exhaustive, but offer a good place to start.

-Do you need to organize and sort your paper files?

-Would it be useful to create an index for your piles of journals?

-Are there notes from conferences and workshops that need to be reviewed and filed?

-Are there writing exercises that could be useful to you if they were typed up?

-When was the last time you did a backup of your computer files? Do you need to delete or add programs?

-Do you need to release some writing books? Welcome others?

Do you need to physically clean your computer?

-Do you have visible reminders of your writing accomplishments? Is it time to take some down and put up new ones?

-Do you have too much or too little of something in your space?

-Do you need more or less shelf space?

-Are there big physical jobs you’d like to do (i.e. paint)?

Once you have your list you can break each item down into specific tasks.

It’s important to not get overwhelmed during spring cleaning. Many people decide they will devote a day to a spring cleaning project and then realize that they’re cranky after two hours and that the task requires at least two days. Start small and reward yourself often. Why not take from now until the official start of summer to spring clean? You could choose one project each week. I suggest working in 15-30 minute intervals so there’s less chance of getting frustrated and overwhelmed. I enjoy using an online stopwatch.

What are you reassessing right now in support of your writing life? 

While I as enjoying the article above, I noticed other wonderful inspirational pieces were on that site . Hope you enjoy too

7385b1181c40eaecbb1908805db9d3ba.pngImage result for paulo coelho quote pics pink

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content