login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Harnessing the power of happiness, personal strength, and mindfulness

Harvard Article:
Description Contents Excerpt Reviews (0) Tough economic times are the perfect setting to begin using positive psychology to your advantage, says a new report from Harvard Medical School. Positive Psychology: Harnessing the power of happiness, personal strength, and mindfulness is a guide to the concepts that have made “Positive Psychology” the most popular course at Harvard University, and teaches how to put positive emotion to work in your life.

Positive emotions have been linked with better health, longer life, and greater well being in numerous scientific studies. On the other hand, chronic anger, worry, and hostility increase the risk of developing heart disease, as people react to these feelings with raised blood pressure and stiffening blood vessels. A Harvard School of Public Health study found that people who are generally hopeful were less likely to develop hypertension, diabetes, or respiratory tract infection than those who were less hopeful.

In this video interview, Ronald Siegel, Psy.D., offers a preview of Positive Psychology and discusses what it takes to be happy.

Watch the interview…

From this report you’ll learn the following:

Using the positive in your life
Finding and using your inner character strengths
Achieving the “flow” experience
Putting mindfulness to use toward well being
Developing gratitude
Savoring pleasure
Finding the meaningful live

The Psychology of happiness is a wonderful area… very good video…and great site(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I+Inspire+Warmth+Love+and+Security+80%A2+Quote+Inspiration+Mantra+Positive+Affirmation+Peace+to+the+People+80%A2+%23affirmations+%23inspiration+%23selflove.png702234.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content