login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Discussion★Affirmation rework, revise and refocus

Does anyone feel that their affirmation work becomes stagnant after a while?
Do you become complacent with them?
At the start of affirmation work, I was amazed at how doors opened and opportunities manifested before my very eyes – simply because, it works if you work it.

I have an idea for affirmation refocussing and open to suggestions on this matter too. I would love you all to jump on board with this and tell us about your experiences with it, and any further suggestions.

Here’s my simple challenge:

Choose one affirmation from your list. This will be the focus for one entire day…. (now any suggestions of how to do this will be appreciated).

My examples are:
Start the day, by writing it down on paper in large bold letters and meditating on it first thing in the morning….(or whenever’s suitable for you)

Keep the piece of paper near you, e.g on your desk, in your pocket or write it on your hand for constant referral.

Live and breathe this affirmation throughout your day – your decisions, your actions of speech, gestures and physical movement.
The light of God surrounds me, protects me and guides me – I know it is so, therefore I walk with that belief, I speak with that confidence, I behave with that faith and satisfaction that my actions are just right…etc In the case of this affirmation I visualise that light and see it radiating unto others too.

Will anyone join me on this challenge – or suggest improvements to it?

A full and thankful heart..

dear anoushka ,i am definatly joining you ,its just what i need as i start off full of enthusiasm then as my mood dips so does the amount of affirmations until i stop and the nagative affirmations take over .Going to look through my list to choose todays ,back in a moment

gosh its hard choosing one especially when that little gremlin is there saying mean things .

heres the one i chose “ i have the power to heal my spirit “,just written it on lilac paper with a dark lilac pen and will put it in my purse as im going out for a present ,card ,paper for my daughters best freinds new baby who we are meeting this afternoon ,he is 2 days old – aw.I just had the idea to get one of those things you get from photo shops that you put on a keyring where you put a little picture in it – and write in the affirmation and draw a picture on the other side ,its small enough to fit in a pocket and hold in your hand on a bus etc .Funds are low this week but i will get one soon

i also intend sewing my affirmations in cross stitch and putting them in cards or a scrapbook ,i love doing crafts and they are my prescription to myself for releasing depression

I love this thread ,thanks anoushka you are ablessing ,love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post: Excellent! I love the idea of the keyring. I think we (as in Brits) can get them really inexpensively in Tesco’s now!
Since I wrote down my affirmation and neatly slid it just beneath my keyboard where only I can see it I have given light and recieved light. I made my boss a coffee (which I do at this time every day) and he said, he loved it so much he was going to make himself another one! That made me smile. It could have easily been negative (e.g – that wasnt a very nice coffee so now he wants to make himself a decent one…..you see how the gremlin’s still there!!!)

So glad you are working this challenge flowergirl. I look forward to hearing about your day!.

hi ,just back from shops and it was a lovely message every time i opened my purse ,especially as funds are very tight .I choose a photo frame with little matching boxes for first tooth and first hair curl ,a litle mother plaque for the new mum that says about mums holding hands fore a while and hearts forever ,and a bunch of fresias and daffodils for the new nana and just come home

also checked in health shop as im on st johns wort and high srength epa and wondeed if i could take flaxseed oil also but they said its too much omega 3 and 6 to take both .Going to have healthy dinner ,wash hair ,pretty top and go and meet the little man ,cuddling a new baby is such a gift for anyones soul .
thanks for making a difference to my day ,lover flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Just lost an entire post I was writing for you – :(
The gist of it was, I am so pleased to hear that it helped in your day. It was a lovely image to visualise you opening your purse and seeing your little lilac piece of paper. The overall energy of your post was so uplifted.

In response to Laurie~LovesFocusingWell’s post:
Thankyou for the flashcard idea. Its kind what i did, although not formally a ‘flashcard’, but simply a piece of paper put in a place where only I could see it all day.
The result from the ‘refocus’: i was able to stop anxiety in its tracks and remember my affirmation. I felt supported and I trusted that things were going to be ok. Just what I needed to start this new journey with – it got me back to a relaxed place and one of gratitude and peace.

Today, I might elaborate on the same affirmation – only this time rework it to an outward gesture….
so not only is the light of God surrounding, protecting and guiding me….but today it is radiating peace and serenity towards others…..

In response to anoushka’s post:
the affirmation i have chosen for today is
“ action preceeds motivation “ and im going to keep repeating it as getting out of the chair is a mental struggle this morning but i really want to start doing all the things i know will help .

In response to flowergirl’s post: Like one of your affirmationS on your list “Carpe Diem – Sieze the day!”

Also, maybe you could affirm that you ARE indeed motivated in the here and now…then the rest will simply fall into place…?

I guess it already has, as you are not online anymore, so you must have got out of the chair!!! Well done you! :)

you are right ,i did .Had a chat with my eldest son and he is going to help me next week swap rooms around which will help me declutter ,decorate and apply to move so its a big step up out of the doldrums .My daughter is making a home file with all phone numbes etc so im getting lots of help

So glad you are finding things that are working, lovely Anoushka(:
In response to flowergirl’s post:
and you too, Precious Flowergirl(:

Have either of you tried Hal reader yet? Strongly suggest it.. It is pretty amazing..

I have found just hearing what I just wrote or just said..when I’m on overwhelm has a calming effect.

One of the reasons why I have a bit of overwhelm when I’m getting ready for work is it feels distracting from things I’d prefer to do.

I make a work preparation list, and have Hal Reader speak the thing I “should” be thinking about. Sometimes, I replay it a few times//before I accept that it’s what I not only should be doing..but it’s ok for the next thing to do…and then I create enthusiasm for being where I need to be, what I need to be doing.

Just a thought..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thanks anoushka , how many times do i say i cant find the motivation to start to myself and out loud ,its no wonder i feel stuck ,no change that – felt stuck .Yesterday i had those words carpe diem in my mind and will put a post on in a minuite about that

“ i am motivated .”
even if i dont believe it yet it’s better than my old thoughts

In response to anoushka's post:

these were the flashcards I shared -love these

I know this is a great idea, and accept this challenge(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content