login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

RSS Feeds and Other Useful Internet Tools

The internet is really an amazing and powerful tool. We can get a lot from it if we are smart and careful. I say careful because there is an awful lot of useless, destructive, and misleading stuff on the net. We all have questions about all kinds of things and many of us leap to the internet to find answers, and answers it provides in abundance; but let’s remember to use the internet with caution. There are many “experts” out there who have no clue what they are talking about. There are get rich quick schemes, pundits with agendas other than truth, and heaps of just plain ol’ bad information on the net that can waste our time and money. Let’s remember to be careful about our sources and to question what we read. Let’s also remind ourselves that the internet, as wonderful and powerful as it is, can be a great time waster and distraction from the things that really matter. Let’s remember the importance of real human interaction. Now, having said all that…

Learning how to use RSS feeds can save you time. It is really handy for keeping up with topics that interest you. Whatever your hobby is, there is bound to be an rss feeds for it. Whatever your job is, there are bound to be many industry related rss feeds. You can use rss feeds as your own marketing tool. Here are some videos to help you take advantage of RSS feeds.

RSS in Plain English
What is RSS and how is it useful? RSS IS AWESOME!
I even stumbled across this video of how a guy set up an rss feed to help him find a job. Easiest Way to Search for a Job the audio is kind of low, but you can see how this would be useful.

I’ve never messed with torrents, but a lot of people do. Here is a video about Torrents

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Ever heard of Linked In
I’d like to learn more about this.
What is Linked In
The Power of Linkedin
How to Use LinkedIn
LinkedIn for Dummies

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Good Research
Wise Up To The Web
How to Effectively Use the Internet for Research

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hal Reader is great for reading long articles online without straining your eyes. I use it a lot. There are lots of options for text to speech, some are software you install and there are free online version that don’t require you to install anything. Just do a search for “text to speech” and you can find other options.
Natural Reader
Some More Options

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Teamspeak is another cool freebie. Never heard of it? Then you probably don’t waste a lot of your time playing online games, BUT this little gem is for more than just gamers.

PDF File about Teamspeak
What is Teamspeak

Skype is useful too.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Mind Mapping:
Great idea!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content