login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Real Old Movies

So many old movies bring back ol’ values. The values seem so foreign on the screen, you’d think the people portrayed aren’t even from this planet.

What old movies do you like that give you some of that ol’ feel-good spirit?

Here’s one of many that I loved:

Bojangles and Shirley Temple

famous scene tap dancing upstairs

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

lol, I was just coming to create a thread like this :)

Last night we watched The Thin Man (1934) and it was one of the best films I’ve ever seen!

Intelligent, witty humor, a now cliched storyline, sure, but very well executed. Far better than 95% of the murder/mystery/comedies that are out there today.

I’ve watched some old Sci-Fi flicks too, although I can’t remember any specifically, I am always amazed by the imagination of the writers, actors and directors. So resourceful!

There’s a lot of older sci-fi movies out there that are much better than the newer ones that trade story line for special effects. The rest of them are so funny to watch their still worth your time :P

I’ve also got Citizen Kane (1941) ready to watch, although I’m sure we’ve both seen it.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

You can get some real old movies free from this site

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

i love the masculinity of the men in older movies, nowadays our movie stars are such prissy metrosexuals…

i find that older movies are also more [I]sexualised[/I], you might be thinking how is that so?? well when you think about it the male and female leads may spend the entire movie building up to a kiss but the interaction between his masculinity and her femininity is incredibly [I]sexual[/I] in the real sense of the term.

nowadays movies are [I]eroticised[/I] – that is, they aren’t as prudish as old school movies because of the gratuitous sex but these films don’t have the masculine and feminine sexuality that older films are renowned for

not sure if i made myself clear?

I used to watch a lot of old movies, more cult movies though.

One that sticks in my head is “Faster Pussycat, Kill! Kill!” – it was so bad it was good :) Not a huge fan of Russ Meyer films, but this one is so corny!

Some others I liked:
Rebecca (1940 – Hitchcock)
The Blue Angel (1930) has Marlene Dietrich in it.
Seven Year Itch (1955) funny Marilyn Munroe, the man is hilarious… he’s trying to quit smoking…

Its actually really hard for me to remember the names of all the good movies I’ve seen, I have the same difficulty with names of songs I know.

Focus

In case anyone was every wondering a bit about the old bmindful, and the kinds of things we spoke about…Well the answer is…simply anything we wanted to. I started this thread in 2008. Though, the person who responded to me was Lee…who created the site. If you notice he involved himself with our threads, he admitted this same topic was one he was thinking of posting. What a wonderful place to simply be yourself, enjoy & grow(:

We were a tiny community.

Responding to one another is what we did. It’s what a forum is.

Gratitude for this site, Lee. And I continue to thank you for the gift of community.
tags: enjoyment, movies

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content