login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Discussion★★Breaking open: What truth did you discover?

I am using the now well known poetic word of endearment: broken open.

Author Elizabeth Lesser wrote the book, Broken open in 2004. She is also the Co-founder of the Omega Institute.

I found her book to be powerful and healing. If you get a chance, you can search for quotes and affirmations that are very helpful.

My question is when you were pushed beyond your breaking point, what truth did you find out about yourself that you did not know before?

What did you learn? 

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

This is huge -- and personal! 

But transition is largely what we are all facing.

Jobs, relationships, our health, the health of our loved ones, careers and any and all forms of transition.

One thing that I really enjoy - is the growth of others!

I enjoy reading quotes and affirmations, especially those which I quickly relate and map onto.

Here are a few from Elizabeth Lesser:

~Leap beyond history into a new story.

~When all else fails then LOVE

~All holy and difficult experiences are there to transform us

~Our souls, our golden radiant cores are enough

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

When I was broken open, I learned a lot about my values.

I learned that I have many values, and I learned that I create inner peace when I am in constant relationship with my values.

I learned how deeply I valued education. And I valued integrity, accountability and transparency. I valued family, and I valued connection. I learned that our words heal. I learned that I am powerful, and that I matter!

I am from a large family. I am one of 6 siblings. We have significant distance between ourselves.  

I accepted it for what it is, and for what it is not.

I have learned to be generous with myself.

I have learned to live my own life, and love my life with all my might! 

It's easy for me to see humor in this, but the older I get, the better I am at making my peace and expressing gratitude at my journey.

I have learned that I naturally know how to release all unworkability.

I naturally embrace workability!

I learned to LOVE MY FLOW, and take time and space to respect my intuition. I listen closely, and trust from within.

Quotes...

I haven't read the book, though enjoying and selecting the quotes which resonate.

I'll utilize the quotes in answering your wonderful question- 

when you were pushed beyond your breaking point,

what truth did you find out about yourself

that you did not know before?

What did you learn? 

I would say the truth I repeatedly learn...

though each time goes deeper -is that which discovers my soul.

Image result for broken open quote pics

And the more I am shown I Am my soul... the more I know there isn't any more.

And while there isn't any more, there is always more to experience.

Though it isn't experienced by clutching on to details of what I think I've learned...

It is the beauty of the more I continue to allow in... 

When I have learned valuable lessons which have brought me to my knees, I find

out that was where I was suppose to travel.

Related image

FOR EXAMPLE:

...the discovery of hope as a product of  letting go and surrendering from things

that felt like it was the perceived worst that could happen

...and the growing through things rather than just going through things...

...where eventually real  laughter because life

could be experienced on life terms 

... and  love for life... and the passion to keep living my best life

... rose up even stronger...

with even more love, passion and wisdom......knowing life is not to be calculated like math with absolutes... unless you

remember there will always be unknown variables... and sometimes ... leaving the unknowns

as unknown is the answer.

I don't believe I am here to analyze people, places and things to understand.

I am here to experience ... 

My soul receives the  best  education.

Related image

Related image

{will be back to create my notes in being more reader-friendly} 

...when things happen that hurt or feel bad... of course my heart knows it has learned

about feeling good, and finding the next happy thought has

strong merit...

...And I know I never have to struggle unnecessarily with all that

we are given in this life to love and be grateful for.

also...I have found 'from this breaking open' 

looking at things fearlessly as events, and feelings that are not permanent...

helps the surrendering process...Once I remember I am never alone

and I am a soul in physical body...

I Am more than anything I can experience.

Another thing that is clear... is being surrounded by diversity is a good thing.

We learn and reinforce by how we all are one, and by sameness and contrast provided by

diversity.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfCareALifeOfEase˚'s post: Thank you for all that you contributed!

I have gotten present to all that you just shared. 

I look back at just this past year, and superficially, I acknowledge to my self how so much of my own unknown transpired, and how I was able to find and create comfort with my current unknown.

I have 2 adult children, and they are both independent and their lives are full of their present. Their dreams and their ambitions are beautiful. Their contributions, quality and foot print as they run in their world of creation is a source of true comfort and pride for me.  I am always grateful with their sweet success, and I love watching their world and enjoying both their participation, their adventures and their individual  contribution -  balanced with their allowing the world to contribute back to them, and new doors of opportunity open to them. I see them grounded and ready to create their foot print!

My relationship with my health is a priority. Health is vastly important. Fall is starting, and I look forward to feeling vibrate, awake, flexible, joyful and playful. I want to feel grounded. I want to do a lot of work and intentional healing, balance with all chakras. And I want to be a source of light, love and connection. 

In response to Kathi's post:

I am certain since you have claimed what you desire for you... at the least that is what will come forth for you. The miraculous things you've manifested are YOUR dreams  come true... too many too count. Those who have followed your path, know this with certainty...

And now with the precious nature of your being and the Power which supports you, it is my firm belief that your 'next endeavors' will always give much  more than they take.Your experiences have indicated how much you care about receiving and giving your best. You are fearless when it comes to doing footwork. I am so happy for all that has worked out for you and all that will continue to!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It was this  thread, Kathi-BREAKING OPEN: WHAT TRUTH DID YOU DISCOVER? which allowed some wonderful exploration of experience. Kathi asks the question: when you were pushed beyond your breaking point,
what truth did you find out about yourself that you did not know before?What did you learn?

Something that  has grown for me ...

priceless to me...

is being open to the listening of my spirit..my soul place. Saying it has simply 'felt  right'  to do so...  to come from ones authentic place  is a profound understatement(:  I enjoy being driven by this harmonious quality and not just words of my mind. This has been a powerful -joyous -allowing-expansive... mighty tool.

Writing of this experience (the kind I will be referring to) is often 'time consuming' for even myself who enjoys writing. I am now choosing to begin taking the time when 'time permits'(:
to not just enjoy my experiences -though write of them.

I will say... my post above  truly clarifies how and why my life 'works' as I see it ...to date. It has the appearance of piecemeal ... Though where I 'went' when describing 'this- something' was beyond pieces (for me). I literally went through decades of experience... which had me arriving  at progressive growth places... {like I am sure many can relate to... when they allow, surrender, and not need an abundance of answers all of the time... though responding to truths they cannot deny)

It 'simply' took me to want the real Good... which never wavers... when we are true to ourselves... beyond fleeting emotions... though honoring all that is.

I 'simply' needed to  believe I was Always worth it

listen to my heart which agrees completely that we are all valuable & all in this together 

It  'simply' and awesomely required the surrender that believes what my soul is sharing.

It means the spark of I Am 

That Which IS Mine as I'm ready for it...

is always there

It is not about happy or sad. Our lives will contain both.

It is about a joyful spirit which makes it all worthwhile.

I want to thank you Kathi for creating  this discussion thread. I look forward to being open for {even}more, and {continue the} knowing where I Am is always sufficient.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfCareALifeOfEase˚'s post: Very beautifully said! And  I believe that which we all create, is there, and will forever be Gloriously ready when we are ready to take our next step in this life. 

Worth is such a word that implies significance. But, language can fall short and has limitations.

I often think that regardless of our station in life, I do believe that we are more connected than we could ever understand. Regardless if how things look superficially, there is a great deal that is unseen yet it is not hidden. 

Through listening to and following my deepest messages of truth — in my body, emotions, intelligence, relationships, and spirituality — I thrive.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This makes me remember some very good affirmations about inner wealth...

• I open my Self to every transformation that is ready to happen in and through me.
  • I found a place inside where nothing is impossible.
  • My actions and desires are supported by cosmic intelligence.
  • I go beyond limiting beliefs and I accept my Self completely.
  • I enter this inner space where All things are created, nurtured and renewed.
  • There is an inner wealth, and in this Immense Presence, I heal my Self and I heal the World!

• Unlimited abundance is coming my way!
  • My core beliefs are bringing me wholeness.
  • I AM in the most profound way, a whole, complete perfect being.
  • I AM surrounded by unexpected Miracles!
  • I believe that I AM worthy; my life unfolds in a way that reflects my worthiness
  • My external situation IS a reflection of my beliefs!!
  • At my core, I AM completely worthy!

quote-Every problem contains its own answer if you think of the problem merely as a question, and inquiry, and not as an obstruction. Thinking of it this way, keep your mind not on the repetition of thoughts about the problem, but on the receipt of a definite answer. Ernest HolmesImage result for when the search for truth becomes a celebration matt Kahn pic quote

• quote- When confronted with a situation that appears fragmented or impossible, step back, close your eyes, and envision perfection where you saw brokenness. Go to the inner place where there is no problem, and abide in the consciousness of well-being. Alan Cohen

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfCareALifeOfEase˚'s post: seriously powerful affirmations!

Today, I am feeling quite upset with the circus of the nominee for the US Supreme Court. I will not speak of my political views, I will just speak about how I am feeling broken open.

In my spirit, I feel very much like running away and never returning to this impasse. I need a place where I can go, where there is big open space, inside and outside. And, in this space, I feel safe and I set my impossible struggles down.

I arrive, almost as if I am just waking to an enchanting mecca that has been prepared. I know that if I release everything, I will be able to find healing and peace for every battle, every wound, every wrong. All is lifted away in an instant. 

Healing white/blue Light, focused like a laser, at first narrow and then blinding and immense - immediately floods all parts, known and unknown.

The light transforms. I am not who I know my self to be! I am not my identity!! My mind, my thoughts, my body - this is not me!! 

I am more, and I am fully connected. I am a being. And my vision is intense and immediately, I can see life as I've never seen life as one huge progression! Its unending in its force! My wounds are insignificant in Life's presence!! 

Healing is one thought away! Thoughts are vehicles! Love is our great uniter, its the single greatest uniter that makes this entire process possible!

I now see this world as a temporary reality. 

My soul is here with my body. Just like everyone else. We are all part of an orchestra, some of us have multiple notes. The notes are in constant motion, endless connection, like a kaleidoscope with endless organization. 

Color. Light. Sound. Action. That is what we are!

Today, I plan to experience levity, laughter and adjust my vibe!

Its a no work Sunday! 

Enjoying life, enjoying fall, and enjoying Bmindful!

Sending healing thoughts, joyful thoughts to All in our Bmindful community!!

Kathy 1:Kathi 2

Love your energy!

Love the idea of adjusting ones vibe!

And the enjoyment it always  leads to....

Right with you on this 

and 

Sending healing thoughts, joyful thoughts to All in our Bmindful community!!

and 

of course

to all everywhere!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi's post:

My question is when you were pushed beyond your breaking point, what truth did you find out about yourself that you did not know before?

What did you learn? 

I could keep moving forward even though the feelings didn't feel great. As I did this, I felt led to keep on going and become my better better self... and more Me than I had been in a long time.

The Me than I had been seeking. The Me, if I wasn't avoidant of  non-perky feelings... for a 'moment in time' I could have, be, do what my spirit was asking from me... 

I became:

• the courage
  • the comfort in my own skin
  • the joy 
  • the giver
  • the receiver
  • love
  • more love
  • connected to parts of me that needed connection
  • letting go of people, places and things that didn't have a good fit in my present or my future
  • 'everything began to work' 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post:

BEING YOURSELF

Joseph Naft:

love this guy!

1. Being Your Body
  2. Being Your Mind
  3. Being Your Heart
  4. Being Your Personality-In the inner silence, beneath our thoughts and emotions, we can abide untouched by personality
  5. Being Your Relationships-All the levels of relationship matter, whether based on separateness, as most are, or on sameness, uniqueness, or unity. Feeling free in our relationships, we can be fully ourselves.
  6. Being Your Job -Choose to do whatever you are doing, so you can fully be here doing it.
  7. Being Your PresenceAnd being in that world of sensitive presence, gives us a foundation to begin to understand the nature of higher levels of the spirit and to begin to reach toward being in them. At each step along this way, we become more fully ourselves, more uniquely ourselves.
  8. Being Your I
  9. Being Your Conscience

InnerFrontier

The Seeker

Adapted from Rumi

After years of inner work, 

A seeker found the door of the Beloved and knocked. 

A voice asked: 

“Who is there?” 

The seeker answered: 

“It is I.” 

The voice said: 

“There is no room for me and you.” 

And the door stayed shut. 

The persistent seeker engaged in ever deeper spiritual practice, 

And then returned to the door of the Beloved and knocked. 

The voice from within asked: 

“Who is there?” 

And the door opened, 

And the seeker opened 

And said: 

“It is You.”

Joseph Naft-Inner Frontier

Knowing yourself matters, but being yourself matters much more. And for both there are ever-deepening levels of meaning.

InnerFrontier

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The-times-Ive-been-most.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi's post: In response to I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post:I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post

And looking back... a bit,

as I moved forward -the more I didn't look back to past patterns as to how 

how I succeeded with other things that felt challenging..

the more free I ended up feeling...

(even if there was a pattern in the good that presented in past/present)

the newness will always have a gift that will be fresh and glorious

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content