login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

-Make Your Home a Vision Board

Recently, I hadn’t been too satisfied with the decor in my home, and never had the time or space to create something different. When I make a change I generally change a color scheme completely. Like my vision board, my home changes as I do.

So what I’ve done is, ask what gives me energy and peace?
My response->the beach. So I’ve been using various elements that remind me of the beach-life and surrounding myself with some of those things. I have a ways to go before I complete what I’m trying to do, though I can feel what the few changes have done for me.

I had trouble making changes in my home. I would think..don’t want to spend the money, or I have too much of the old color scheme in here..what am I going to do with that stuff? Having a beachy mission allows me to create things that go with various things I have, and helps me see immediately what doesn’t work.

I didn’t want it all to get tacky. Some beachy themes can go in that direction..So I asked myself where did this tacky notion come from..I separated myself from my fears of what look might come out of all of this..and have been finding things that are uniquely me.

Even with my books..
I have lots..Though with the beachy theme (energy and peace)..the order of my books happened in an instant.

I say this is going to take time..though so does everything we are in process of creating, right?

So, with peace and energy as a theme, I know the work in progress will at least give me that ocean pier feeling peeking out to me..as I continue to decorate. I’ll let you know how it goes..(:

What ways do you create your vision board out of your home?

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Meditatingmama, I know you’ll have some ideas(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Laurie you are a fantastic inspiration .I have finally got motivated to clear a lot of clutter and going to spring clean and decorate right through .Because i dont like where we live i have not put my heart into ourhome ,now you have shown me how i can make it a vision board for our future .My dream is to live in the countryside ,not an expensive home ,would love a little old cottage ,log cabin ( not many in lancashire ) or a house as long as theres feilds and trees and i have a garden .

We are having a swap around with the rooms so its the perfecttime to make our home a vision board ,sounds daft but i can almost feel the house coming to life .I bought a homespun type rug the other day with squares onit and there is a house or a heart in each one as i love crafts i cam nake home sweet home type samplers ,pictures ,i can have so much fun with this ,get our home really cared for a) to live in and b) in preparation for moving – at the same time affirming im going to live in the countryside

All my furniture is pine and is from charity shops so it looks cottagy ,im like a child on christmas day with this idea so exited ,i cant thank you enough .The day i joined this sie a group of angels came into my life – bless you ,love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
That’s wonderful!!

You may find more comfort right where you are, until you’re moving date..Tell me of your new experiences as you make your current home->the cottage. (:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

o k ,i’m clearing out 2 chests of drawers today as charity is collecting them tomorow ,they are full of kids pictures,photos,baby shoes, hair first teeth ,- im so sentimental – going to make a memory box for each one and not keep it all .love flowergirl
p s ,you could put c d s of sea sounds – waves etc for your beach house

Love the idea for ocean sounds. Next time at the pier, I’ll record it(:

You’re doing great with your home. Keep reporting..it’s good energy(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

thanks Laurie ,im so positive and motivated which has not happened for years .Even realising how much physical clutter i have makes me think “ by sorting through this stuff i’m also sorting memories – some are to be kept and treasured and some are to be let go with love – not bitterness .

Hellooooooo flowergirl,

So happy, the home project has worked into a better-world project.

I’m using this thread for self talk and creativity also. Looking forward to seeing you over there with me(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content