login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★5 Minute Wallow Rule

I just came across this in my travels.

“When something happens to you that, at the time, seems like an unfortunate event – if you have to – give yourself five minutes to just wallow in your pain.”

“You can feel sorry for yourself… scream… cry… complain bitterly or whatever you need to do. However, when the five minutes is up, you gotta quit wining and go immediately back to being proactive in your life.”

Apparently it came from a Jeff Paul Seminar, but I can’t find any reference to it at all and I’ve never heard of Jeff Paul?

The 5 Minute Wallow Rule is a pretty cool concept though :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

That’s a good idea!

• I like that rule.
  • I like to write (among other self-care during my wallow-period(: )
  • Anyone ever play foosball (table soccer)? That’s a great game to get your feelings out with. You will make some great shots!
  • foosball

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

There’s a couple of Foosball tables at the climbing gym I regular. I’m always tempted to have a go, but the climbing comes first, and after a couple of hours of hard climbing, I don’t have the energy to do much at all with my hands or arms :P

When we (eventually) get a bigger place, we’ll definitely need a Foosball table!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

A good rule. Reminds me of time out – a period to calm down and refocus and the reenter the task from a better perspective.

I like the idea. It does not deny the reality of the situation, nor does it dismiss the fact that pain needs to be acknowledged, and let out. Burying it inside yourself only gives it a chance to take root and grow.

Get it out, get it over and get on with what ever the situation calls for: fixing, forgetting, forgiving, fighting for what is right, or just plain forging ahead.

I have a similar rule but I allow myself to wallow, feel pain, get angry, have a tantrum etc for only 60 seconds, then I step back from it all and ask myself what is going on with me, what caused me to react that way and what can I do to make it different. This works very well for me and I agree with kestrel328’s comment entirely.

What a wonderful concept! Just at this moment I have been looking for something to help me snap out of it.

My hopes of attending the gym these last couple of days have been a real downer for me. Things come up that have stopped me from attending. I have wallowed with a couple of packet of crisps lol. Not good!

After reading this concept I will reach for a something else to eat lol and do a workout here at home. Heres hoping tomorrow I get to do my workout at the gym, I miss the place!

Arent these threads awesome, have you all noticed that every time you need something, Bmindful forum and your affirmations always pop up giving you messages and showing you the way?

My affirmation “Everything is revealed to me in perfect time sequence” sure is true!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related image

In response to Pure Essence's post:

I love this- affirmation “Everything is revealed to me in perfect time sequence” 

Thank you!

ee4b7eabf5017d2ccf93c2cef8727913.jpg

Like many on this site, I have a great deal of faith in the Good to persevere(:

Though I know enough when something that 'feels' significant to speak it out only with trusted select...friends/family who are kind... and allow big picture thinking...if I  need to share details in 5 min wallow(:

Once I see what I'm holding on to-I can then make a conscious and subconscious decision to let it go.

922.jpg?w=640

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for the power of joy quotes

Things can occur in life that are disappointing, hurtful, circumstances of which are beyond our control. It is okay to allow oneself to feel the pain. However we can not dwell in prolonged despair, there is so much joy and beauty that surrounds us. Look at the beauty of the sunrise, the swaying of a tree in the gentle breeze, the serenade of the birds or butterflies flitting by. There are so many blessings yet to behold and many coming your way that have not yet to unfold.

Related image

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content