login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★Becoming An Elder

Women get more beautiful as they grow older. Not less.
Female youth is only prized in modern culture because it doesn't represent as much of a threat spiritually to anyone who is frightened of divine feminine power.
As women grow and mature, they call in stronger forces of sacred feminine wisdom. They vibrate with the creative power of their stories.
They are more of a force to be reckoned with.
They see more, know more, feel more. They put up with a lot less bullshit.
When women are trained into thinking there is something fundamentally wrong with getting older, and are coerced into spending money, energy and power investing in 'slowing the signs of ageing', an enormous vault of divine love is lost.
Just think what would happen if all the women in the world started loving themselves even more with every year that passed.

Perhaps a total revolution would occur.

Author: Yogesh Kumar

Don't Regret Growing Older

df38ccf364d359f19c7171b4d3c83710.jpg

baby boomer models - aging, aging gracefully, positive aging, grey, gray, silver, 50+, baby boomers, baby boomer, generation, senior, seniors, retirement, inspiration, lifestyle, motivation, fashion, glamour, beauty, #babyboomers #babyboomers

its about everything

Routines help us take care of daily to-dos. Rituals help us take care of ourselves.

I so relate to this right now! :)

Crone Cronicles: 2 minute house magick

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

I am not the first person you loved.
You are not the first person I looked at
with a mouthful of forevers. We
have both known loss like the sharp edges
of a knife. We have both lived with lips
more scar tissue than skin. Our love came
unannounced in the middle of the night.
Our love came when we’d given up
on asking love to come. I think
that has to be part
of its miracle.
This is how we heal.
I will kiss you like forgiveness. You
will hold me like I’m hope. Our arms
will bandage and we will press promises
between us like flowers in a book.
I will write sonnets to the salt of sweat
on your skin. I will write novels to the scar
of your nose. I will write a dictionary
of all the words I have used trying
to describe the way it feels to have finally,
finally found you.

And I will not be afraid
of your scars.

I know sometimes
it’s still hard to let me see you
in all your cracked perfection,
but please know:
whether it’s the days you burn
more brilliant than the sun
or the nights you collapse into my lap
your body broken into a thousand questions,
you are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
I will love you when you are a still day.
I will love you when you are a hurricane.

~ Clementine von Radics

What do you know about this woman, based on this picture? What judgements can you make about her? What possible interpretations of  are there?

there came a time in midlife when she grew weary of trying...a crone

In response to flowergirl's post:

beautiful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image may contain: 1 person

Queen of her Realm

She is the Queen of her Realm.

She chooses to expand not decrease.
She stands tall to live fully and fierce.
She finds a seed in each life event.
This seed she will nurture until it fluently grows.

Fields of flowers arising, everywhere she goes.

-Tara Isis Gerris

Image may contain: text

"I think midlife is when the universe gently places her hands upon your shoulders, pulls you close, and whispers in your ear:
I’m not screwing around. It’s time. All of this pretending and performing – these coping mechanisms that you’ve developed to protect yourself from feeling inadequate and getting hurt – has to go.
Your armour is preventing you from growing into your gifts. I understand that you needed these protections when you were small. I understand that you believed your armour could help you secure all of the things you needed to feel worthy of love and belonging, but you’re still searching and you’re more lost than ever.
Time is growing short. There are unexplored adventures ahead of you. You can’t live the rest of your life worried about what other people think. You were born worthy of love and belonging. Courage and daring are coursing through you. You were made to live and love with your whole heart. It’s time to show up and be seen.''
Brené Brown
Photo by Gun-Britt coiffure

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up and outdoor

The Empowered Woman

The Empowered Woman, she moves through the world
with a sense of confidence and grace.
Her once reckless spirit now tempered by wisdom.
Quietly, yet firmly, she speaks her truth without doubt or hesitation
and the life she leads is of her own creation.

She now understands what it means to live and let live.
How much to ask for herself and how much to give.
She has a strong, yet generous heart.. and the inner beauty she emanates truly sets her apart.

Like the mythical Phoenix, she has risen from the ashes and soared to a new plane of existence, unfettered by the things that once that posed such resistance.

Her senses now heightened, she sees everything so clearly.
She hears the wind rustling through the trees;
beckoning her to live the dreams she holds so dearly.
She feels the softness of her hands and muses at the strength that they possess. Her needs and desires she has learned to express. She has tasted the bitter and savored the sweet fruits of life, overcome adversity and pushed past heartache and strife.

And the one thing she never understood, she now knows to be true, it all begins and ends with You.

—Sonny Carroll

This time belongs to the crone.

She's arriving into the greatest time of her life. Creativity is blossoming, even exploding within her. She's lived a full life, chased her dreams, raised her kids, fulfilled (some at least) her ambitions, had a career, gone through intense relationship lessons and some!

Her life holds furrows of love, pain, joy, suffering, hope, fear, holy anger. Everything now enters her crucible as wisdom. She's done with most stuff that consumed her life. She's never felt more free than now, to listen to her deepest longings. And she's never felt more empowered than now to be all of herself.

You can see her fearlessly living her truth. Her biggest freedom is that she's stepped out of expectations. If something matters to her deeply, she pursues it with passion and prayer. She has no image to safeguard. She has a reservoir of energy like never before.

She's the wise teacher our planet needs now. She's holding vital information.

From elderly, she's becoming the elder.

Sukhvinder Sircar

Image may contain: one or more people

"How many years of beauty do I have left?
she asks me.
How many more do you want?
Here. Here is 34. Here is 50.

When you are 80 years old
and your beauty rises in ways
your cells cannot even imagine now
and your wild bones grow luminous and
ripe, having carried the weight
of a passionate life.

When your hair is aflame
with winter
and you have decades of
learning and leaving and loving
sewn into
the corners of your eyes
and your children come home
to find their own history
in your face.

When you know what it feels like to fail
ferociously
and have gained the
capacity
to rise and rise and rise again.

When you can make your tea
on a quiet and ridiculously lonely afternoon
and still have a song in your heart
Queen owl wings beating
beneath the cotton of your sweater.

Because your beauty began there
beneath the sweater and the skin,
remember?

This is when I will take you
into my arms and coo
YOU BRAVE AND GLORIOUS THING
you’ve come so far.

I see you.
Your beauty is breathtaking."

~ Jeannette Encinias

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

"She is precious and vital to humanity....
We need to listen to her once again."

We are all learning how powerful we actually are and how to use that innate power to rise above the limited identifications created by our programmed mind. 
Menopause in particular, offers women an important bridge to that power,
The changes at Menopause create a fertile ground for transformation,
It is as if life asks a woman,”are you going to remain stuck in perceiving your life as a victim and perpetuating "self” denial or are you choosing to awaken and claim the Goddess as Crone?”

The awakened Crone knows intuitively and instinctively exactly what she needs to do in order to establish balance within herself, She knows how to create her own fulfillment.

She no longer gives herself away,
She understands that her giving is balanced by her receiving,
So she is gracious but has firm boundaries,

She is not looking for external verification, 
Nor is she needy for attention,
She enjoys her own company
She’s at ease with herself as she is

She recognizes who she is underneath all the surface stuff of the past,
She is empowered by this recognition,
She answers to her own "self"
and makes no apology or excuses for her choices

She’s connected to the source of her own feminine wisdom 
She knows intuitively what medicine to administer to bring forth the light because she can see through the veils and pretenses,

But she has a patience distilled from her own growth through pain, 
A sensitivity that can cut through barriers to reach someone

She believes in positive re-enforcement
In bringing forth the nobility in others
Through their own inspired discipline

She is precious and vital to humanity....
We need to listen to her once again.
© Caroline de lisser

Wise Woman
Wise woman is able to laugh at herself, she has learnt not to take her "ego" self seriously…
She possesses true humility which is not self effacing but derived from integrity and self honesty, she is willing to admit, “I don’t know.” and willing to say "I’m sorry"…
She knows when to persist and She knows when to let go…
Wise woman knows when to speak up and when it is more constructive to be silent...
She understands the fine line between minding her own business and being a force for constructive change…
She does not interfere with the lessons that others need to learn, she does not “save", 
She inspires others to save themselves...
Wise woman understands the perfection of timing, so she is patient… 
She knows when to sow seeds and when to harvest the crop…
She is able to draw boundaries while releasing barriers, she chooses not to build walls, she dismantles existing ones instead…
Wise woman, conserves, sustains and builds, squandering and wastefulness are not her style…
She knows that true receiving is experienced in giving, the too are not separate, she balances the two as one.
Wise woman lives in the moment, she is fully present to what is…
She can release the past and allow the future to take care of itself…
She has beginners mind, her inner child still comes out to play, her self expression is uninhibited and authentic...
She is a sensual being, she takes delight in her own body…
She is just as wiling to receive pleasure as she is to give it.
Wise woman cares for her body, mind and spirit, she recognizes that her wellbeing is dependent on balance, on healthy choices and on surrendering the conflict between what she thinks and how she truly feels.
She doesn't need escape routes because she refrains from building prisons, she knows that her freedom is more important than anything that she feels tempted to cling to.
Wise woman realizes the value of relaxation and stillness, she understands that she needs both in order to tune into her body, heart and soul and be obedient to her true guidance.
Wise woman keeps her heart open, she understands the value of her lessons so she doesn't hold grudges.
She accepts herself fully, so she accepts others as they are...
She embodies her love source and emanates it as a healing transmission to all ...
© Caroline de Lisser

Finally home...

She said I am not aging, I am evolving.

Evolving into the woman I was always meant to be.

Age is just a number, and numbers don’t scare me anymore.

With each passing year she has gained a wealth of knowledge and wisdom, and she has become more loving, compassionate, gentle and patient with herself.

She feeds her body, mind, heart and soul with positivity, hope, encouragement and love.

She celebrates her life and her accomplishments.

A woman becomes even more beautiful with age, because she has learned how to accept who she is, where she has been, and she bravely awaits the future.

She has settled into her life, she is finally home.
~Mary Costanza~

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

First become alone. 
First start enjoying yourself. 
First love yourself. 
First become so authentically happy
that if nobody comes it doesn’t matter;
you are full, overflowing. 
If nobody knocks at your door 
it is perfectly okay — 
YOU are not missing.
You are not waiting for somebody to come 
and knock at the door. 
You are at home.
If somebody comes, good, beautiful. 
If nobody comes, 
that too is beautiful and good.
THEN move into relationship.
Now you move like a master, 
not like a beggar. 
Now you move like an emperor, 
not like a beggar. 
And the person who has lived
in his aloneness 
will always be attracted to another person
who is also living his aloneness beautifully, 
because the same attracts the same. 
When two masters meet — 
masters of their being, 
of their aloneness —
happiness is not just added,
it is multiplied.
It becomes a tremendous 
Phenomenon of celebration. 
And they don’t exploit, 
they share. 
They don’t use each other. 
Rather, on the contrary, 
they both become one and 
enjoy the existence that
surrounds them.

Author: Osho

beautiful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

‘Women have another option. They can aspire to be wise, not merely nice; to be competent, not merely helpful; to be strong, not merely graceful; to be ambitious for themselves, not merely for themselves in relation to men and children. They can let themselves age naturally and without embarrassment, actively protesting and disobeying the conventions that stem from this society’s double standard about aging. Instead of being girls, girls as long as possible, who then age humiliatingly into middle-aged women, they can become women much earlier – and remain active adults, enjoying the long, erotic career of which women are capable, far longer. Women should allow their faces to show the lives they have lived. Women should tell the truth.’

~Susan Sontag - The Double Standard of Aging (1972)

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and text

I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor-
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.

I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce-
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

~ Jayne Relaford Brown

Lets talk CRONE and how she’s dying..

The Crone is a woman who no longer menstruates physically, she is now a fully embodied wise woman. With many moons behind her and the experience she has acquired, she can now turn her attention to being a guide for the young. Being free in her body - no longer worried about pregnancy, pretense or deep fluctuations in hormones, she has come to a serene place of acceptance.. an embodied dance with the rhythms and energetics of life.

I have been guided by grandmothers with silver hair as magnificent as the moonlight for a very long time in my dreams, it has helped me develop a keen appreciation for the Crone, it has allowed me to see aging as an exquisite and delicate gift. It has helped me make healthy choices in the now and embrace with subtle anticipation the day when I too will be a grandmother to the children of our world.

In ancient times and cultures, the Crone was revered. The Crone was consulted for matters of importance and well being of tribes. Children and grown alike would come for advice and storytelling to the skirts of the Crone. The gray hair was looked at as stripes of honor and the wrinkles as badges of courage and experience. When a woman’s blood flow would stop coming it was said she no longer needed it, as she had accumulated the wisdom of the moon enough to embody it and invite it to stay. These wise women understood the importance of death and renewal at such a cellular level they no longer needed to be reminded every month.

In todays culture, the Crone is in great danger of being crushed. In a society where faster, better, younger is the theme and tattooed into our consciousness every day… The elders are very often overlooked and seen as nuisance, annoying, slow, their beauty is smudged over and often shoved into care homes or confined to a bedroom in the house, Google has now usurped the throne of the wise one.

We see Maiden archetype everywhere- the endless pursuit of youth.. From a multibillion dollar market of beauty products to the movie screens.. Everyone wants to be young, plump and fresh. We see the Mother archetype- the caring loving mother and as Lara Owen mentions in her book, although limited- it is even revered in religion.

But the Crone.. where is she?

She is hidden, she is stashed away… all that power hidden in her belly and nowhere to go. She has been pushed to abhor her post menopausal state, as though it is a condemnation rather than a blessing, as if not being able to birth children is now a curse that spills inward into a barren womb.. All that wisdom rejected, unacknowledged, dishonored in exchange for the pursuit of staying young and ‘fertile’ only to be ridiculed and mocked by a society that in paradoxical cruelty repudiates the Crone as well.

No, the Crone cannot expect to be accepted without first accepting herself, knowing that her bones are indeed each day becoming more and more one with the earth...

The silenced Crone cannot demand a place in a society where she too has helped exile this archetype.

This is why we need to speak of Her, the Crone- the holy guide that lives and will one day emerge from you and when it does… you will have a choice: will you let her in and feast on the banquet of your holy life experience or will you shut the door in her face and leave her out to starve in hopes that the maiden and mother, whom have left, will someday come back.

Many times I have wanted to write about the Crone even create for it but I am held back by the misleading belief that I have to be one to speak of it.
‘No more...' my sleeping crone has whispered, ‘you must begin to pave the way for my visit.. planting seeds along the path that may bloom for my homecoming.’

Resting and gestating in me, she is harnessing strength to come and live fully, to guide, to teach, to dance, to remind, to slow me down, to make me softer, to be reflected on my skin and in my gaze when the time comes.

So in the meantime, I will speak of the Crone to our children and to anyone that will hear - I will honor the magnificently wise women I am surrounded by, sisters hiding their beauty behind veils. I will remind them, I will whisper, I will nudge, I will invite….

‘Take off your veil! You are holy sacred wise woman, you are here, you are a message… now is your time to guide!’

~ Anabel Vizcarra ~

🌀Nicole
Sacred Wild Woman Medicine

shared from facebook 

“The journey of the hero
is about the courage
to seek the depths;
the image of creative rebirth;
the eternal cycle of change within us;
the uncanny discovery
that the seeker is the mystery
which the seeker seeks to know.

The hero journey is a symbol that binds,
in the original sense of the word,
two distant ideas,
the spiritual quest of the ancients
with the modern search for identity,
always the one,
shape-shifting
yet marvelously constant
story that we find.”
-Phil Cousineau-

~ Silver ~
How many years of beauty do I have left?
she asks me.
of a passionate life.
When your hair is aflame
with winter
and you have decades of
sewn into
the corners of your eyes
in your face.
ferociously
and have gained the
capacity
Queen owl wings beating
remember?
into my arms and coo
you’ve come so far.
I see you.
Your beauty is breathtaking.
~ @jeannetteencinias

love that Journeys  of the Hero

thanks Flowergirl (:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

One day when you wake up,
you will find that you've become a forest.
You've grown roots and found strength in them
that no one thought you had.
You have become stronger and more beautiful,
full of life giving qualities.
You have learned to take all the negativity around you,
and turn it into oxygen for easy breathing.
A host of wild creatures live inside you,
and you call them stories.
A variety of beautiful birds nest inside your mind,
and you call them memories.
You have become an incredible self sustaining thing of epic proportions.
And you should be so proud of yourself,
of how far you have come from the seeds of who you used to be.
~ Nikita Gill ~

love this Flowergirl!

May be an image of 1 person, flower and outdoors

I read or possibly reread …(:

your intro quote… It is wise and beautiful like you!

In response to ♡ ˚easier to do, think & be's post:

Thank you for your kind words 

I can relate to this so much

No photo description available.

I counted my years
and realized that I have
Less time to live by,
Than I have lived so far.
I feel like a child who won a pack of candies: at first he ate them with pleasure
But when he realized that there was little left, he began to taste them intensely.
I have no time for endless meetings
where the statutes, rules, procedures & internal regulations are discussed,
knowing that nothing will be done.
I no longer have the patience
To stand absurd people who,
despite their chronological age,
have not grown up.
My time is too short:
I want the essence,
my spirit is in a hurry.
I do not have much candy
In the package anymore.
I want to live next to humans,
very realistic people who know
How to laugh at their mistakes,
Who are not inflated by their own triumphs
and who take responsibility for their actions.
In this way, human dignity is defended
and we live in truth and honesty.
It is the essentials that make life useful.
I want to surround myself with people
who know how to touch the hearts of those whom hard strokes of life
have taught to grow with sweet touches of the soul.
Yes, I'm in a hurry.
I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity that only maturity can bring.
I do not intend to waste any of the remaining desserts.
I am sure they will be exquisite,
much more than those eaten so far.
My goal is to reach the end satisfied
and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.
We have two lives
and the second begins when you realize you only have one.
~ Mario de Andrade
"The second half of my life will be black
to the white rind of the old and fading moon.
The second half of my life will be water
over the cracked floor of these desert years.
I will land on my feet this time,
knowing at least two languages and who
my friends are. I will dress for the
occasion, and my hair shall be
whatever color I please.
Everyone will go on celebrating the old
birthday, counting the years as usual,
but I will count myself new from this
inception, this imprint of my own desire.
The second half of my life will be swift,
past leaning fenceposts, a gravel shoulder,
asphalt tickets, the beckon of open road.
The second half of my life will be wide-eyed,
fingers shifting through fine sands,
arms loose at my sides, wandering feet.
There will be new dreams every night,
and the drapes will never be closed.
I will toss my string of keys into a deep
well and old letters into the grate.
The second half of my life will be ice
breaking up on the river, rain
soaking the fields, a hand
held out, a fire,
and smoke going
upward, always up."
Joyce Sutphen - Crossroads.
I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor-
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.
I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.
I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce-
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.
-Jayne Relaford Brown (Finding Her Here)
Silver
"How many years of beauty do I have left?
she asks me.
of a passionate life.
When your hair is aflame
with winter
and you have decades of
sewn into
the corners of your eyes
in your face.
ferociously
and have gained the
capacity
Queen owl wings beating
remember?
into my arms and coo
you’ve come so far.
I see you.
Your beauty is breathtaking.
Author: Jeannette Encinias @jeannetteencinias

No photo description available.

love this so much!

May be an image of one or more people and text that says "when you're comitted to personal growth... Be gentle with yourself. You are meeting parts of you that you have long been at war with. Take all the time you need Janny Juddly, The Therapist in my Pocket Life Quotes"

love this!❤️

I believe everyone has some parts of themselves that need to be taken by the proverbial hand, and loved into places they would like to be.

I believe this is 1 reason affirmations and Afformations work so well when added to daily mindfulness(:

In response to ♡ ˚COMPLETE FAITH's post: In response to flowergirl's post

My Affirmation:

I am gentle with my beautiful self ,

because everyone

deserves

love every day

from themselves

and I choose to be exceptional at 

self love ❤️ 

Patience visited me
And it reminded me
That good things take time to come to fruition
And grow slowly with stability
Peace visited me
And it reminded me
That I may remain calm through the storms of life
Regardless of the chaos surrounding me
Hope visited me
And it reminded me
That better times lay ahead
And it would always be there to guide and uplift me
Humility visited me
And it reminded me
That I may achieve it
Not by trying to shrink myself and make myself less
But by focusing on serving the world and uplifting those around me
Kindness visited me
And it reminded me
To be more gentle, forgiving and compassionate toward myself
And those surrounding me
Confidence visited me
And it reminded me
To not conceal or suppress my gifts and talents
In order to make others feel more comfortable
But to embrace what makes me me
Focus visited me
And it reminded me
That other people’s insecurities and judgements about me
Are not my problem
And I should redirect my attention
From others back to me
Freedom visited me
And it reminded me
That no one has control over my mindset, thoughts and wellbeing
But me
And love visited me
And it reminded me
That I need not search for it in others
As it lies within me.
Words by Tahlia Hunter

Wonderful :)

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I want you to say "NO" to anything that isn't part of your evolution.
Your ultimate story, your horizons, your journey, your personal revolution.
Say no to anything that doesn't feel like love or breath or magic or growth.
Say no to anything that weakens or minimizes or slows your steps or only hurts or is no longer home.
Say no to anything you have to hide from or feel guilty about.
Say yes to what lights you up despite being uncomfortable, or hard.
Say yes to beauty, yes to the pull, yes to what infuses the real, and the good.
Say yes to what gifts you. Take great care of yourself.
Remember you are the flame. The entire blazing burn.
~Victoria Erickson~

In response to Lavender Sage's post:

love this!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The Labyrinth of Life
Today, if you’re confronting an issue for the ten thousandth time, or feeling that your life is going nowhere, or panicking over how little you’ve achieved, stop and breathe. You’re not falling behind on some linear race through time. You’re walking the labyrinth of life. Yes, you’re meant to move forward, but almost never in a straight line. Yes, there’s an element of achievement, of beginning and ending, but those are minor compared to the element of being here now. In the moments you stop trying to conquer the labyrinth of life and simply inhabit it, you’ll realize it was designed to hold you safe as you explore what feels dangerous. You’ll see that you’re exactly where you’re meant to be, meandering along a crooked path that is meant to lead you not onward, but inward.
~ Martha Beck

In response to Lavender Sage's post:

another perfect one, & I thank you 😊

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Listen
To the dream within you.
It’s there
In whatever
Puts stars in your eyes
And makes your heart sing.
Listen
To your feelings,
And you will hear
Who you are
And what you must do.
Listen
To your needs,
And you will know
Where to find
What you are looking for.
Listen
To the wisdom within.
It is trying to lead you
To your destiny.
Listen
To the song in you,
And your life
Will be one of harmony.
You will be
Who you were meant to be.
You will be complete
And at peace
And happier than you’ve ever been,
If only you will
Listen
To the dream within you.
~Nancye Sims~

In response to nature girl's post:

I am definitely going to save that 

Thank you , nature girl.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have learnt to leave places
Where pieces of me were shattered and torn apart
I have chosen to abandon paths
That led to pain and heartbreak
I have navigated through stormy and turbulent seasons of life
And made it out the other side
I have chosen to change directions
When I have found myself in spaces where I no longer belong or am welcomed
I have made peace with past moments I am not proud of
And I have chosen to let go of past pain, disappointment and failure
And people whose chapter in my story is now complete.
I have promised myself not to return to these places
As healing is found not in repeating the old
But in making amends
Then forging a new path
And building the new
And I have chosen to rewrite my story
From one of pain and heartbreak
To one of hope, empowerment and new beginnings
As I have also experienced great joy and enthusiasm for living
I have also known great love
And I have also experienced moments that have taken my breath away
And made me feel grateful to be alive
And known people who have embraced me completely
And celebrated me
Rather than left me questioning my worth
And whether or not I am loveable
And I have chosen to close past chapters
As my pages are now too full
For the same old stories
And I must turn the page
And embrace all that lies ahead
The beautiful connections I am able to cultivate
The beautiful moments
I am able to experience
And the beautiful new life I am currently creating.
I am your future self
And a bright future
Full of love, purpose, passion, joy and fulfilment
Awaits you.
Author~ Tahila Hunter

beautiful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

One day when you wake up,
you will find that you've become a forest.
You've grown roots and found strength in them
that no one thought you had.
You have become stronger and more beautiful,
full of life giving qualities.
You have learned to take all the negativity around you,
and turn it into oxygen for easy breathing.
A host of wild creatures live inside you,
and you call them stories.
A variety of beautiful birds nest inside your mind,
and you call them memories.
You have become an incredible self sustaining thing of epic proportions.
And you should be so proud of yourself,
of how far you have come from the seeds of who you used to be.
Author ~ Nikita Gill

Thank you , nature girl!

I have shared this w/others -who are loving it too!

this is just so perfect. 

How dare she
Wear those shoes
And color her hair like that
And take up space
And use her voice
And allow no diminishing
Who does she think she is
You wonder as you bristle and
Make her an alien in your mind
But buried beneath
Is the seed of envy
And it was you
A stranger to yourself and your power
Who had no map to get
From here to there
Until the great fire
Came and burned away
All the thorns and brambles that kept
You from finding the way home
Into your own heart
Where you will now live
Spending your remaining beats
However you damn well please
Because you are just glad to be alive
After the great undoing and rebuilding
And in the ashes from which you arose
You will find that seed of envy
Transformed
And you will understand how all the others
Dared to be how they wished
Because you are now one
Who has gained
Freedom through fire
So you color your hair with a wisp of purple
Or let your silver shine through
And wear flowing skirts and bangles
Or every color of the rainbow at once
And your presence
Even when quiet
Announces I deserve this
And you become a
Gardener without intending
Planting a seed of permission
And one day an observer
Who is staring as you
Knowingly smile back
Will be collecting the remains
And blooms of her own fire
Only to ask her heart
Not
How dare I?
But always
How can I not?
~Laurel Trautwein~

another beautiful beautiful keeper . Thank you nature girl😊

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

To Be Glorious
Today, I choose myself.
I choose to be the Queen of my own domain.
To name myself as the one who governs my life.
I shall not wait for the approval of others.
I will act on my own behalf and inner knowing.
I choose to listen to this great heart within me.
To honor what it wants, needs and longs for.
I shall no longer allow the sacred parts of myself
to feel worthless, fragmented and isolated.
I choose to take up space in this Universe.
To inhabit this vessel of self, which is my holy temple.
I shall not keep my gifts hidden any longer
or allow fear to keep me from my greatness.
I choose to be as wonderful as I truly am.
To explore just who I might be, after all these years.
I shall not judge myself for where I have not
journeyed yet, or the ways I have been untrue.
I choose to forgive myself and release the old stories
to make space for new stories, legends even, to emerge.
I shall not forsake my dreamings and visionings or allow
others ideas to crowd my own. I will think my own thoughts.
I choose to fall in love with who I am, as I am, right now.
To embrace the messy and the marvelous within me.
I shall not diminish my light, one day longer. Hear me now.
I release the shadows. Open hands. Open heart. Whoosh.
I choose to see myself, and to be seen by you, too.
To find you and dance with you and let you know I see you.
I choose to see myself as whole, holy, worthy and wildly me.
And Oh! So much more than enough. I choose to be outrageous!
Being glorious is not a default. It is a choice. Hear me now.
Are you ready for this? I am. Today, I choose myself.
I choose to be glorious!
Shiloh Sophia
AGING....
You grow old, they told me, you are no longer you, you become distant, sad and lonely.
I didn't answer...
I don't get old, I get wise.
I stopped being what others like me to become, but what I like to be.
I stopped seeking the acceptance of others and accepted myself.
I have left behind the lying mirrors that deceive mercilessly.
- No, I'm not getting old.
I just become more selective with places, people, customs and ideologies.
I have let go of attachments, unnecessary pain, toxic people, sick souls and rotten hearts... bitterness and unhappiness are not for me, I release them for my health.
I'm ditching party nights for learning and embracing insomnia.
I stopped living stories and started writing them, I threw aside the imposed stereotypes.
I no longer carry eyeshadow in my bag, now I have a book that beautifies my mind.
I exchanged wine glasses for coffee cups, forgot to idealize life and started living it.
I carry freshness in my soul, innocence in my heart, and it discovers me daily.
I have in my hands the tenderness of a cocoon that, when opened, will spread its wings to other places unreachable for those who seek only the frivolity of the material.
I have that charming smile on my face when I observe the simplicity of nature.
I carry in my ears the chirping of the birds that delight me and accompany the walk.
I become selective, betting my time on the intangible, rewriting the story I've been told, rediscovering worlds, saving those old books I've forgotten half open.
I'm becoming more cautious, I've stopped the outbursts that teach me nothing, I'm learning to talk about transcendent things, I'm learning to cultivate knowledge, plant ideals and falsify my destiny.
I begin to live who I really am.
( Bianka Luz )

This is so beautifully said . Thank you !

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

May be an image of text that says "You can't shame yourself into change. But you can love yourself into evolution. Th”Coe'C The Crone's Cottage"

Love your thread !

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content