login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Anyone Remember Music Called Bubblegum?

During a certain teeny bopper period of time there was a sound called
Bubble Gum

..Anyone remember?

Most people I knew were embarrassed to admit they liked some or any of this …as they hummed along with the radio, when no one was looking(:

Some of these will be a bit much..But for preteens and young teens..it was their precursor to Rock n Roll (:

This was happening at the same time as better rock n roll music.. But as children being exposed to everything…soul..rock n roll..psychedelic
we listened to it all…

Here’s a bit:
The Grassroots

Midnight Confessions

Let’s Live For Today

I’d Wait a Million Years

Where Were You When I Needed You?

Badfinger

No Matter What

Baby Blue

Day After Day

Come and Get It
Sweet Tuesday Morning

Alive N Kickin

Tighter n Tighter
Vanity Fair
Hitchin’ A Ride

Tommy James and The Shondells

Mony Mony

Hanky Panky

I Think We’re Alone Now
Crimson and Clover
Edison Lighthouse

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

White Plains

My Baby Loves Love

Cowsills

The Rain Park and Other Things

more about the cowsills

STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN
William Cowsill, lead singer of the ’60s bubblegum family band The Cowsills, which inspired the TV series The Partridge Family, died Friday after a series of illnesses. He was 58.

Cowsill, who was suffering from emphysema, osteoporosis and other ailments, passed away in Calgary, Alberta, according to his family and Canadian record producer Neil MacGonigill. He had been in deteriorating health for some time.

From 1967-70, The Cowsills, who were first spotted by a show scout in Newport, R.I. (the morning TV gig landed them a record deal), had hits with “The Rain, The Park and Other Things” and “Hair.”

Four Cowsill brothers played in the band: Barry on bass, William on guitar, Bob on guitar and organ, and John on drums. Their mother, Barbara, and little sister, Susan, eventually joined the group.

Barry disappeared after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans on Aug. 29. His body was recovered Dec. 28 from the Chartres Street Wharf, reports the Associated Press.

The band broke up in the 1970s. William, the oldest brother, moved to Canada about 35 years ago, where he continued his music career with Blue Northern, The Blue Shadows and the Co-Dependents.

Two sons survive Cowsill.

The Monkees
Hey Hey We’re The Monkees
Last Train To Clarkesville
I’m a Believer

Mary Mary
Flying Machine
Smile A Little For Me

The Jackson 5

I Want You Back

ABC

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Not sure what kind of whimsical mood I was in to post all of these songs..I hope someone is grinning with the selections(: lol

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content