login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What if?

What is your what if? What if I can change back the hands of time what would I want to do different?or would you just let time take it’s course and learn from the experience?

Good question :). I feel like I could have either option depending on the particular situation.

However, in the long run it is better to have lived and learned. If we didn’t fail, we would never have learned how to improve ourselves.

…What makes you different, makes you beautiful…

I have to agree with Raylene, because I have few regrets..

As wonderful as it would’ve been to finish college in less time,(on a more traditional time table), and told persons what I wanted to say when I thought in hindsight would’ve been better, and opportunities I didn’t take when I had the chance….etc etc-> meaningful things that did happen..and the domino effects that occurred with each incident..would not have been. Who knows how it all would’ve turned out. I just know I am content, and regrets don’t work except to help you have even greater awareness in the context of what is meaningful to you..That’s my take, anyway.

And in respect to having finished college earlier..If I did it would have had less meaning to me..in regard to satisfying my thirst for learning. So many people I went to school with, went to school to simply finish and get work. While that often paid of for them $$, they don’t remember anything they had learned; they lacked creativity in their assignments, and studying wasn’t a preferred trend(:
Being an older student had its perks. I was able to -> get much more out of everything utilizing life experience in my assignments, and because of that I will not forget what my teachers taught, or all I had gained. I also had a position where I was an advisor for students over 25…oldest student was 80, while I was still going to school, and another position while I was still at school… that taught me a lot. Both were interesting. They would’ve been ‘meaningless’ positions, if my priorities didn’t keep detouring me away from the traditional route.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My answer to this question has always been I would do exactly the same thing. And I am right where I am supposed to be. I believe I had to make the choises I made in order to be where I am today, in order to have learned what I have learned (or not have learned) today.

I do not believe in regrets. And am very happy about this. I have enough negative thoughts on which I duel on, I am pretty greatful that atleast regret is not one of them :-)

Should I at any point of time make a choice that is not very satisfactory, I can still change and redirect to have a more satisfactory result.
Even that process would be a process to learn something out of.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to Raylene’s post:
In response to aftab’s post:

So it’s unanimous- no regrets it is!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anyone ever see the movies Butterfly Effect or The Jacket? It speaks to the no-regret in life and why – way to be…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, I have seen those movies…good point, Laurie.

I believe that it is more empowering to accept the choices we have made. We have wonderful opportunities to learn from the choices we made :).

Hugs.

…What makes you different, makes you beautiful…

In response to Raylene’s post:
yes accept the past choices..as to not live in regret… though learn from past choices to ..(possibly) have greater understanding in the moment.

Although that statement has a few holes in it too(: It is my feeling not to hold “too tightly” on what we’ve learned in the past (either), to best experience the new moment as a fresh new moment with new lessons to teach and experience.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content