login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Ethics of Individual/Collective

A topic worth considering for yourself is ethics of individual rights and collective rights. These two perspectives can be a point of conflict and I think it has a lot to do with the conflict we see in politics.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Yes, this can be a political hot potato!!

One example of this is involves environmental concerns: the North Dakota pipeline vs the fuel industry. Here we have Native American territory, which IS NOT federal property, and is owned by Native Americans. Then, the very extremely wealthy fuel industry, who want to run a pipeline very close to the single water source in North Dakota.

I am very happy that the UN, the United Nations, came to the USA, and it was their recommendation that the construction be stopped until further litigation in court could determine if the fuel company has any right to put this on land that is not owned by the US Federal government. And, I was paying very close attention to how the police, from 4 states were handling the protestors.

The beautiful thing is that the protestors said we are protectors, not protestors. Water protectors is what they are calling themselves. I totally respect our Native American, our true first citizens, and I respect that they are protecting our environment.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content