login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Remedy For Overwhelm [Abe]

Overwhelm video one of my favorites(:

21d6f033495ae538cadeac2b1721c743.jpg

• ~
    redoing some vibrational alignment threads…and wanted to share a bit from them, feel free to share(:
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmBpktvBv0h6f6K8hzFW47Yv_HCjhazIenwnnZpSKBerGiDqi1

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Another On Overwhelment…just found

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

LOA cheat sheet /missing link

~~

”Overwhelm or as was written in Ask and It is Given…Overwhelment:The state of simultaneously focusing upon what you want and your inability to achieve it at the same time.

• Art of Allowing The practice of deliberately choosing your subjects of attention, with a keen awareness of that perspective feels to you. By deliberately choosing thoughts that feel good,you achieve vibrational alignment with your Source of Wellbeing.
    • Vibrational Alignment Harmony of perspective
    • Vibrational Frequency A state of vibration
    • video Contrast
    • ~~ ✰

Allowing the truth of who you are—your spiritual self—to rule your life means you stop the struggle and learn to move with the flow of your life. Oprah Winfrey

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

just what I need right now

like these definitions too

I’ve found being overwhelmed (for me) means a few things…

1. I love and appreciate lots of things
2. I’ve made lots of things important
3. Time to center myself and enjoy. Loving myself means I am always rewarding myself…I don’t need to earn anything…Just give in to the joy of being ok with joy. And as I recall why I really said I wanted all that I say I want…my priorities become desires…and things that don’t make the grade , I ask myself why I thought/think they are so important. & what else needs my attention that would serve me in a kinder loving spectacular amazing way(:

I AM STRONG …I AM GENTLE… I AM CAPABLE… I AM FREE… I AM JOY… I HAVE CHOICES… I LEARN…I AM ALWAYS GROWING IN WONDERFUL WAYS…I APPRECIATE…I LOOK FORWARD TO THINGS I CHOOSE…I LOOK FORWARD TO THINGS I ALLOW OTHERS TO CHOOSE WHEN IT WORKS WELL FOR ME…I FIND BENEFIT EVERYWHERE…I AM RICH!!!

affirming rocks!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to AppreciationView’s post:

I am looking at what has changed in my life to contribute to these feelings of being overwhelmed and wanting to escape for a break and your post is so helpful .

I realise I have kept adding things into my life without allowing restructuring or rearranging ( a bit like I do with our home – bring something home without thinking about or making a space for it and then feeling even more overwhelmed with stuff)

Three years ago I was a stay home Mum ,receiving benefits due to my health challenges ,my daughters carer and living in a small bubble in a way

Fast forwards 2 years and I have graduated with a foundation degree and am now in third year topping it up to a BSc hons degree .I also have a job working in a lovely shop selling all sorts of spiritual things and no longer receive any benefits .Still caring for my daughter who is now in her 2nd year at another uni .

I have just realised why I am most of the time feeling overwhelmed ,getting behind /struggling to even start working on assignments ,tired ,burnt out ,weepy ,stressed etc

I have not made any changes in my thinking ,no routines ,no self care just added on more and more responsibility ,commitments ,work and travel ,even a bath is looked on as a reward for doing some cleaning /mucky jobs like cleaning up after dogs .Time to look at this amd make some changes

weekly timetable now
Monday out at 10 am -uni 12 noon – 4or 5 pm home 6 or 7 pm

Tuesday out at 6 am – uni 9 am – 4 or 5 pm home 6 or 7 pm

Wednesday out at 11 am work 1 – 6 pm home about 8 pm

Thursday out at 11 am work 1 – 6 pm home about 8pm

Friday out at 8am work 10 – 6 home about 8pm

Saturday – shopping with daughter

Sunday – catch up on laundry ,try to work on assignments and /or reading ,try to de clutter – often a weepy day as things get on top of me

Areas where I can see a need for improvement

I wake about 5-6 am every day and although I fall asleep too easily ( nod off everywhere ) I do not sleep well – usually wake every two or three hours during the night .My bed and room are extremely cluttered

My diet is not good ,I am vegan with an intolerance to potatoes ,wheat and I think an addiction to sugar .As I am out 5 days and miss mealtimes I have got into the habit of eating potatoes crisps ( think they are chips in USA),cookies and bananas and drinking tea instead of meals

When I get up each day I have tea and biscuits then go straight onto PC and am on emails ,Facebook ,here ,and keep hopping from one to another until it is time for me to get ready to go out .I am avoiding the house and starting uni work as both feel like such big overwhelming things and up till now I have considered this my “me time “ for relaxing !but it isn’t ,it is like the so called comfort foods – both are hurting as they have become destructive habits .

I can see I need to focus on these areas

self care : including looking at sleep ,diet ,relaxation ,time for myself ,meditation

time management:
including a morning routine for – food preparation ,healthy breakfast ,then some home care jobs

then time spent on studying and reading for degree before I go out or do this at weekends

organisation

I am a very easy going ,laid back ,hippie usually but for while now I have felt so stressed and as though my mind has not got space for anything else and I am not coping well at all I think getting the house and myself organised and in routines will help

So I am going to sit down this afternoon with some paper and pens and work some things out and then come back here and post them

Today was going to be a total assignment day but I think spending the day doing these short and long term plans will help much more

well I am sorting out a meal plan

,porridge for breakfast with berries and flaxseeds

oatcakes and fruit for dinner

brown rice and veggies for tea

I will get a flask when funds allow and take home made soup to have at dinner .

because of colitis I have to be careful what I eat when travelling on buses so will do this gradually over the next 3 days

going to get 5 files tomorrow and use one for each module I am studying so I can be organised and start to create a tidy study area at home

I am also going in to have a word with tutors and tell them I am struggling

From Monday onwards I will ration my online time and if I am not able to cut down a lot I will have a total break from facebook etc

In the mornings I will start sorting out our home and getting into a routine

sorry this is so long but I needed to work it out in little sections ,I hope it might be helpful to others and would welcome any comments /ideas /hugs

love from flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:

I am surprised to hear you feel overwhelmed. Of course we all do at times. You are such a proliferate writer on this forum. I read your posts every day and you write faster than I can read. I almost never have time to properly respond to your posts. I am overwhelmed by your volume and wisdom.

I retired from teaching primary school a few years back and thought I would have more time to sit back and relax from the hustle and bustle of live, but I am busier than ever. My house is a wreck. I can barely keep up with washing clothes and grocery shopping. The thing is, I am doing what I like. Those everyday chores pile up until they become necessary, and that is okay with me. I am enjoying every day as if it were my last. I throw my full energy into everything I do each day. At the end of the day, I sleep well. And if I awake at 2:00 A. M. And want to do something, I do it. We are given only so many breaths. Take the time to smell the roses, so to speak. Put self care first on your priority list and the rest will take care of itself.

Much Love and Light,
Poppy

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

hi Poppy ,are you mixing me up with someone else because I don’t write that much ,I just mostly add things to my flower power thread that other people have written

I love the happiness and contentment in your words and you are right ,self care is so important

I do love uni and my job but it is all just too much sometimes you know ,I am so tired – mentally rather than physically .

lots of love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:

Thanks for all that you’ve shared.

I am in a very similar situation. I went back to school, and I was really struggling.
I spoke with my clinical instructor, and I have just decided that if I need to repeat this semester, thats fine. She said the most beautiful thing, and I agree with her: She said that sometimes failure in one area ends up making us really strong.

She is absolutely right.

In the meantime, the Happiness meetings were amazing for me… I was creating, and the thing that I was creating, all along, was my relationship with my Self, and I was creating a space for my passion… I love my career, and when you love what you do, it is only natural that you want to expand.

I have not given up my dream or the goal. I have preserved it by preserving my Self.

Now that I have given up the struggle to “survive”, I stepped into my personal center, and I gave my Self permission. My commitment has never changed. I am free to make the most of this opportunity, and allow my Self to be transformed. And, I love every bit of what I am bringing into my life. I am totally excited! This fits for many different reasons…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

yes, flowergirl… you’ve helped, and yes also big hugs(: I know I personally benefit from openness…and that desire to assess things too…and am inspired by demonstratively caring for well-being. So thank YOU(: And I always have hugs for you

• ~
      I love the openess in all of your posts(:

It is good to share with one another… (: And the balancing act is something that truly has been my ruler…for “how to proceed”.

Processing for ourselves helps us see what we are saying to ourselves and what we are actually doing…

I love how you say I do love uni and my job (:

We can love what we do lots…and find out every now & then(: there are parts of what we do that we like less…and that sometimes the doing needs to be balanced with simply admiring our tenacity for all we are doing…and we are so much more than everything we love(:

If we are getting burnt…we can ask ourselves is there anything we’d like to do different for our self-care? And if there is the first thing to do before tending to some list…is loving the living daylights out of ourselves…so all we want to begin incorporating becomes a desire and something to look forward to.

I love all you share now & over the years. And it is inspiring to experience your bucket-list getting checked off the way you have(: Though…it is also wonderful that you can easily spot…that YOU are more important than what you do…and taking care of you is the most beautiful thing you can do and it addresses everything else you want…And whatever gets done…in the time frame that you feel you need it…will happen the way it is supposed to(: And I’m believing you already know this(: Keep sharing…would love to hear from you… Loving the topic. Loving the thoughts here(: much love, AppreciationView

In response to Poppy’s post:

Hi Poppy I enjoyed reading your thoughts..and they resonate with me also..especially…
And if I awake at 2:00 A. M. And want to do something, I do it. We are given only so many breaths. Take the time to smell the roses, so to speak. Put self care first on your priority list and the rest will take care of itself.
Thank you Poppy for sharing so openly too(:

This discussion is wonderful!!!(: 

For myself, when selfcare is top on my list…my schedule does create itself, and no matter how I may seem I’m burning the candle at both ends…when I stand back…I’m enjoying my choices…And of course with time…like we’ve all mentioned…we see even more…of what we choose to do more of, do less of or not at all.

Life sometimes feels like a test we end up cramming for… We find out we didn’t create enough of ourselves…leave enough time or space for some things….And like those shifts we all experience…next time…we allow differently…we look forward to something differently…we enjoy differently…we appreciate differently…and our priorities come together and form experiences that give us the life that we really are desiring…just to be ourselves joyfully….with whatever we choose…that comes from a place only our heart can educate us about(: Whatcha think?(:
Love, AppreciationView

In response to Kathi’s post:

We all have our own priorities and values…And it was inspirational to hear how the shift you spoke of re: personal success is adding that your beautiful professional goals are not greater than accepting what this time may be sharing with you…beyond the ones you scheduled for. Enjoyed hearing about that progressively perfect-feeling shift you experienced/shared. Thank you Kathi for sharing so openly(: Love, AppreciationView

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content