login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

β˜…A POSITIVE SPIN ON PAINFUL EXPERIENCES

It seems to me we will inevitably experience some pain in life. And, to me, since we all are at least a bit ‘off’ in terms of knowing what we need to know, we WILL cause ourselves some pain in pursuit of something we desire.

But, to me, the ‘trick’ or ‘key’ is to realise that the painful experience is NOT what our usual ‘kneejerk’ reaction has us believing it is. In other words its not BAD.

A painful experience is NOT some sign that we are somehow UNDESERVING or UNWORTHY or INCAPABLE of having some good thing we want. Instead, it is an indication that our approach or beliefs ABOUT the wanted thing are somehow askew or out of alignment with us having the wanted thing.

For example, when we go after something we want, we may experience frustration, worry, anxiety, fear, doubt, rejection, humiliation or even physical pain or illness. But these painful experiences do NOT mean we cannot or are ‘not supposed to’ have what we want.

I believe PAIN is our internal guidance telling us we are ‘off course’ and need to make internal adjustments. And then, how can we know we’ve ‘internally adjusted’ properly? Again, by how we FEEL.

When we ‘adjust internally’ to get to where we feel some good or better feeling (calm, ease, forgiveness, peace, delight, wonder, self worth, well-being, ect) We can know by the experience of THESE feelings, that we are ‘back on track’ to having what we want.

BTW, another example of how pain is not BAD is the pain we experience when we fall and scrape ourselves. If not for the pain we might go on and leave the scrape unattended and have it turn into something worse. So, again, pain is NOT a bad thing. It’s simply a form of guidance.

So, in a nutshell, i suppose what i’m saying is, pain, fear, humiliation are not bad, so we need’nt try to deny or discount them. They are, in fact GOOD experiences, as they can guide us, just as much as good feelings (peace, joy, well-being) can. When responded to properly and appropiately.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Thanks Robert!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

yes -very good message!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That hurt we embrace becomes joy. Call it to your arms where it can change. ~Rumi
Β 
Β 
It isn’t what happens to us that causes us to suffer; it is what we say to ourselves about what happens. ~Pema Chodron
Β 
Whatever the past has been, you have a spotless future. ~unknown
Β 
When an emotional injury takes place, the body begins a process as natural as the healing of a physical wound. Let the process happen. Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass, and, when it passes, you will be stronger, happier, more sensitive and aware. ~ Mel Colgrove
Β 
Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering, with tears in its eyes. ~Frederich Buechner
Β 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

9f47cf45026c52a580fa0b594fe1b399.jpg

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to The professor's post:

6b132b41abe138eca901ff3183ad7d98--medicine-quotes-quotes-to-live-by.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

great thread from 2015!Β 
Thank you Mr Brightside for creating it!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

poster-worry-debt.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today I will refuse to spend any time worrying about what might happen, and spend that time on what I want to have happen

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

a808d6aef37188bfc2c8560b3aa77454--louise-hay-affirmations-daily-affirmations.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Β 

humanity-quotes-you-must-never-be-fearful-about-what-you-are-doing-when-it-is-right-rosa-parks-wisdom-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content