login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Using The Abundance Mentality To Cure Procrastination

The abundance mentality is in my opinion, one of, if not the most important aspect of personal development and growth. Abundance means ‘The property of a more than adequate quantity or supply’ and to really take advantage of all that is available to you, you really do have to have a handle on this extremely important way of thinking.

The exact opposite to the abundance mentality is the scarcity mentality. Amongst other things this mentality breeds fear, jealousy, spite and selfishness leading to insecurity and lack of self worth due to your belief that opportunities are lacking and you have little choice or freedom in your life. The scarcity mentality leads to you seeing nothing but obstacles and problems (There is no money to be made in this industry. I don’t have time to spend on something like that.)

Without saying anything more we can see the negative side effects of the scarcity mentality, but how is the abundance mentality superior? It leads to opportunity because you believe it is everywhere, riches because you believe there is plenty to go around and enjoyment because you are able to celebrate other people accomplishments instead of loathing someone for stealing your ‘piece of the pie’.

So how does this all relate to procrastination? Well, people with a scarcity mentality usually procrastinate because at first glance the task they should be getting on with seems all too hard because of all the perceived obstacles and problems. With an abundance mentality you look at possibilities and opportunities rather than obstacles and problems meaning you don’t have any reason to put it off, and a few good reasons to get on to it right away!

Curing procrastination isn’t the only reason to adopt the abundance mentality though. As I mentioned before, with the scarcity mentality, everything becomes a pie. Each pie only has so many slices. To get more pie, you need to take it from someone else, and to keep it you need to prevent others from taking it from you.

With the abundance mentality there is no pie, there is enough of everything, for everyone. There is no jealousy, selfishness or insecurity. You become a more generous, giving, well rounded individual and everyone in your circle of influence, yourself included, is better for it. (The circle of influence is a concept I adopted from the book The 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen R. Covey. )

As with any state of mind, a perfect way to make it your own is via affirmations. The affirmation ‘I possess an endless supply of creativity, energy, tolerance for any project that I assume.’ is one of my favorites. I use this whenever I take on a new project, or need encouragement working on an existing one. A general abundance affirmation is ‘I see right through appearances and illusions and know that abundance is all mine.’. Both of these affirmations are associated with the abundance tag on bmindful, and are available for you to add to your list at any time!

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee's post: great thread!

One of my favorite quotes of all time is:

-instead of things you tell yourself you  have to do...think of it as  things that you have the extreme privilege of  being able to do.

Mentality To Cure Procrastination

article I enjoyed -The 4 Causes of Procrastination (they aren’t what you think)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.                               ANOTHER RELATED ARTICLE https://iamfearlesssoul.com/moving-from-within-inspired-action/ 

MOVING FROM WITHIN: THE ART OF MANIFESTING INSPIRED ACTION TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Bountiful miracles and blessings manifest in my life.

I now recognize, accept and follow the divine plan of my life as it is revealed to me, step by step. I rejoice in the divine plan, which is the sublime plan, and which includes health, wealth, happiness, and perfect self-expression for me now.

Loving the release of that which I have outgrown; I am ready to let it go now so that new good has room to manifest.

• ~

articles in process:

94e8dce8186d944c67a798d0cb728b58.png

• ~

from Revolutioniz.com regarding abundance and scarcity.
….your experience is determined by your state of being, true ‘abundance’ is something you can only attain by taking on a true ‘abundance mentality’.
In abundance, you’re “driven by incentive”;
In scarcity, you’re “driven by threat”.
In abundance, you’re “motivated by genuine joy”;
In scarcity, you’re “motivated by pain”.
In abundance, you’re predominantly “proactive”;
In scarcity, you’re predominantly “reactive”.
In abundance, you’re “playing for genuine love and enjoyment of the game”;
In scarcity, you’re “playing not to lose” or “playing in compulsive pursuit of winning/victory”.
In abundance, your state of being allows you to “be pulled towards what you want” and to “pull what you want into your orbit”;
In scarcity, your focus is on (subtly or blatantly) “pushing yourself away from what you don’t want”.
In abundance, you “playfully request”;
In scarcity, you “complain”.

To elaborate: Requesting clearly what you want out of a playful desire (i.e. no underlying needs to make up for something ) is entirely different from complaining (even ‘subtly’ and ‘implicitly’)… Complaining is essentially to ‘blame’, ‘find fault’, ‘kvetch’, and so on with regard to what you don’t want… without even clearly stating what you do really want instead

In abundance, you “attract”;

In scarcity, you try to “seduce”.

To elaborate: ‘Attraction’ has a natural power to it… whereas ‘seduction’ has a more manipulative force to it…

Attraction ultimately leads you to feeling bigger, more complete, more integrated, more connected, more abundant. Conversely, a more manipulative, ‘seduction’ mentality ultimately makes you regretful, poorer, and made up of conflicting pieces.

Attraction is about substance, whereas seduction is about surface. The first is about joy and elation… followed by fulfillment. The other is about rush, manipulation, and thrill… followed by emptiness.

- – - ★

•  People who orient themselves toward what they want, focus on the possibilities and visions they have for their lives. That’s what energizes them. They’re not stuck on any imbalances that dominated their past. Instead, they embody the state of mind of focusing on what would really bring them genuine joy and fulfillment. ‘Lack’ and ‘scarcity’ aren’t part of their paradigm, and so they don’t worry about it. It just doesn’t cross their mind. from Revolutioniz.com

Abundance-and-great-positive-affirmation.jpg&nocache=1

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Self love is a natural state of my being

I am more kind, patient and loving towards myself

"In abundance, you’re predominantly “proactive”

affirmations:  
I now assume the feeling which vibrates higher and higher, to the energy of my peaceful and harmonious soul.

My high vibrations are proactive!

"In abundance, you’re predominantly “proactive”

affirmations:  
I now assume the feeling which vibrates higher and higher, to the energy of my peaceful and harmonious soul.

My high vibrations are proactive!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

30 Motivational Quotes That Inspire Wealth & Prosperity

In response to Nancee1953's post:

wonderful, Nancee

love the lighthearted energy. It added wonderful things for me today!

In response to I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post:

love this too!

In abundance, you “playfully request”438523fbefe79bdacc0a8965c8a5437c.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lee's post: In response to I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post: In response to Nancee1953's post: In response to I Am RemarkablyWell˚'s post: An-awakened-imagination.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Through your ability to think and feel, you have dominion... - Neville Goddard    

In response to Nancee1953's post:   

lightheartedness truly does create paths

And when you need something accomplished fast, and ones energy is mixed... harmony can still be created. Once we remember we as humans ... can have more than one feeling,

we then ->can stop making ourselves feel worse... by ridiculing how we feel

affirmation style  directly below inspired by Chuck Britt MA LMHC  - link
Today’s affirmation: I now assume the feeling which vibrates higher and higher, to the energy of my peaceful and harmonious soul.

I can choose to notice that I have more than one feeling.

I choose to notice I can create from this moment

I allow myself to begin

I can do this now

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Manifestation & Universal Laws. Principle of Abundance, Cause ...

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content