login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★7 Other Definitions of Real Love˚

[articles by Dr. Cookerly ]

about the author-see this post

7 Other Definitions of Real Love Worth Considering

1. An Artistic Definition of Love
2. A Behavioral Economics Definition of Love
3. An Evolution Psychology Definition of Love
4. A Metaphysical Definition of Love
5. A Neuroscience Definition of Love
6. A Psycho-Socio-Dynamic Definition of Love
7. A Theological Definition of Love
How To Make Use Of This Site

• ~
      Disclaimer
      intro
    • Note: please remember that these seven definitions are just composite samples of the many love definition efforts in a wide variety of varying schools of thought and study. With that in mind, let us suggest that you might want to work on your own personal definition of love. to read article in its entirety

***~Copyright © 2010-2015~***

• ~~~~~~~~~~~

Definition of Love
High Valuing
Powerful
Vital
Natural
Process
Desiring for the Well-Being of the Loved
Acting for the Well-Being of the Loved
Taking pleasure in the Well-Being of the Loved
Well-Being
read article in its entirety

How Love Works

Synopsis: Seven major ways of understanding how love actually works and how to ‘work’ love for producing its wonders and marvels are each briefly described.

• ~
      A Dozen Things Love Is
      1. Love is awesomely natural
      2. Love is desire for the well-being of the loved
      3. Love is the great positive force
      4. Love is deep connection
      5. Love is survival
      6. Love is the pathway to myriad grand emotions
      7. Love is healing and healthful
      8. Love is passionately compassionate
      9. Love is growthful
      10. Love is freedom insistent
      11. Love is the greatest motivation and reward system of the life force
      12. Love is Divine spiritual essence

What Love Is Not
For you to ponder, puzzle over, and share with others here are a dozen wonderfully important concepts about What Love Is and a dozen about What Love Is Not. These ideas have been garnered from both the wisdom literature of the ages and from some of the most recent advances in a number of sciences investigating love and love’s many related phenomena. Let’s start with what is considered to be the ‘wrong’ ideas about love.
read in full

Giving Your Power Away
I retain my power when I don’t let your words or actions trigger me into anger, defensiveness, surrender or automatically feeling bad about myself in any way. I retain my power when I choose my thoughts, feelings and actions pro-actively rather than reactively. I retain my power when I don’t lose control and act in ways I am later sorry for, ashamed of and regretful about. I retain my power when I give myself permission to act the way I choose to act, to think and feel my own thoughts and emotions instead of in ways others would pressure me into acting, thinking or feeling. I retain my power when I let others have appropriate influence but not control me. to read article in full

About the author:
Who Is Dr. Cookerly and Why Should We Listen To Him About Love?
Briefly Dr. J. Richard Cookerly is, was, and has been for decades:

A highly successful professional in the counseling and therapy of thousands
A world wide researcher into the dynamics of healthy real love, false love and the solving of love relationship problems of all types including love and sexual dysfunction, healthy self-love, the development of strong and lasting couple’s love, family love and a host of other subjects related to love
An honored graduate professor, advanced level trainer, clinical supervisor and senior consultant for counselors, therapists, physicians, nurses, religious counselors, educators and other helping professionals
An exciting, dynamic, USA coast-to-coast workshop leader, lecturer, seminar director, retreat facilitator and radio and TV talk show guest
A published author of professional and lay books, articles, etc.
A multinational, inter-ethnic, cross cultural, bi-racial, ecumenical, poly-societal, relational psychotherapist and investigator of love phenomena and practices
A broadly trained, richly experienced, well credentialed with high distinction and honored professional
A person whose work with love and problems related to love has saved lives, greatly benefited thousands of couples, families and individuals, and who has been an inspiration to many others
An exceptionally loving and well loved man.
Submitted by:
Kathleen McClaren, RN, BS
Mental-Health Practice Management Nurse
&
Carol Anne Darwin, MSSW, LCSW
CCDS III Director, & Relationship Therapist

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content