login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★LEARN TO PROFIT FROM EVERYTHING.

You don't like criticism?

You not only don't like criticism… you SO don't like it, that you blind yourself to the inherent value hidden in it, and there is always hidden value in ANYTHING we don't like.

Now I'm not suggesting that if someone calls you an idiot, you should immediately respond, thank you, oh thank you, oh thank you, no that kind of response might just be idiotic (which makes me think acting like an idiot is not always a bad thing LOL )

No, what  I'm suggesting is when you get criticized, notice how you feel about it, and when you notice that you're not having a good feeling, realise that it's not the criticism that caused you to feel however you do, its what you thought about the criticism that caused you to feel however you do.

And if your feeling response to criticism is to habitually feel bad, it means that you have a belief about getting criticism that is not helping you.

Earlier I said there is always something of value in criticism..so what is it?

First of all theres value in noticing how you emotionally react and feel when you get criticism, if you routinely feel bad when criticised, it's very likely you have a strong fear about something about yourself, why else would you routinely get upset about criticism?

What is the thought or belief about getting criticised that makes you get upset?

“This person is saying I'm not perfect and I need to be perfect, but I'm not, so I must be inadequate, I don't need to hear more evidence of that”

Does the above thought resonate with you? if so, then what you could do to resolve getting upset with criticism is consciously come to understand that you don't need to be so-called perfect or come to realise you are in no way inadequate, instead you are just somewhere along the scale of ‘realised potential’ while remembering you can never really fully realise your true potential because your true potential is unlimited.

If neither perfectionism or inadequacy are the basis for you getting upset with criticism, then just ferret out what thought is and work in a similiar constructive way to resolve that thought and replace it with a more constructive,better feeling thought.

Ideally you want to become friendly towards criticism, so that you can benefit from it even if it seems unjust.

We may not like criticism, but there's always something to be gained from it, if you don't find the benefit in criticism, or anything else that isn't to your liking then you miss out on an always inherent gift in every adversity.

There is a better way, you could LEARN TO PROFIT FROM EVERYTHING.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Criticism,is not a popular word.Constructive criticism is in theory
meant to be helpful.This kind of criticism usually comes from a spouse
friend or family member,who from there perspective are trying to help
because sometimes we don’t always look at our lives through the lens
of objectivity.So it is a sensitive subject.
I would say its best to avoid criticism altogether,with the possible
exception of a good friendship,where both people have a bond that
can process well meaning criticism and maintain there sense of
equanimity or composure.

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Thank you Robert!

Excellent topic.

New affirmation: I am learning to profit from everything including criticism.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

yes, THANK YOU, Robert(:

• ~
    Though true…there really are ways to see positivity in everything.
Not all things will have that same feeling of joy…though that feeling of being right where you’re supposed to be is a result…(when seeing the bright side) …and wonderful things only get better from there…even the decision…to move this way or that way…Direction becomes more clear, when one feels and sees profit…from everything(: And when we are feeling out of that flow…just knowing this assists. Thanks again for wonderful thread! And Kathi, enjoying your new affirmation(:

I Am living a Divine plan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content