login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW.

At any given moment there is something intangible that each one of us wants to experience. We want to experience some good feeling, whether we consciously know it or not, its the basis for practically every choice we make. It's also the essential reason we have any desire. whether it be for money, certain relationships or circumstances, skills, knowledge, recognition ect. RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW. this is true for you, isnt it? and you can imagine that its true of everyone else, can't you?

Now, if you agree that most everyone simply wants to experience good feelings, then put that fact aside and let me point out something else. Doesn't it seem likely that humans have had this same desire for a very long time, stretching back countless generations, even into antiquity.

Now, if its so universally true, then why don't we see ourselves or others experiencing good feelings, at least most of the time? Why are we NOT inundated with a mostly blissfully happy humanity?

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Interesting question.

Perhaps we are too busy trying to live up to societal expectations that we have incorporated as our own and have not discovered who we really are or have just forgotten how to meet our own needs.

OR.

I have not the slightest idea!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Possibly we have become “infected” by the negativity that exists in our world, through the messages of some of the music, atrocities, the desperation and plight of so many. We can forget that we are armed and can generate positive energy, prayer, and exercise control over what we allow to come into our precious realm. We can be the change we want to see manifested. What we think affects us emotionally and spiritually. I for one choose joy and gratitude to the extent that there really should be a sign outside my door that reads “no negativity allowed only joy, happiness and gratitude are permitted”.

Great thread

I LOVE these thoughts. I believe them to be true. That’s 1 reason I believe its important to choose happiness - because we will have so much more to give if we have these qualities ourselves.

I am reminded of the kindnesses  people gave to me while I was going thru a very very difficult time. I was very grateful of course, though being a recipient when you are really in need (for me) is way more difficult than giving. I have learned I made people happy by allowing them to give. And I learned a lot about being a receiver. I tried to act like it wasn't a big deal … I mean I have been given to before… Though, its different -when you really need … and you are given what you are truly needing desiring.

I am thankful for the lessons I have been learning. By becoming a good receiver I will be more compassionate to those I will be giving more to -in so many ways.

I believe we all want to be happy… though people get very rigid as to what they allow happiness to be.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

At any given moment there is something intangible that each one of us wants to experience. We want to experience some good feeling, whether we consciously know it or not, its the basis for practically every choice we make. It's also the essential reason we have any desire. whether it be for money, certain relationships or circumstances, skills, knowledge, recognition ect. RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content