login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★affirmation question

I want to know if I look in the mirror and say affirmation loudly for confidence will I see result within a week. And which affirmation I can use for confidence to see result within a week

I’m no expert, but I believe that if you really work on it you could begin to see a difference in a week. Some people can’t even look themselves in their eyes and say “I love you.” I have some links on mypage that discuss talking to yourself. Talking to yourself in the mirror is a powerful tool. If you are going to use this tool try to talk to yourself in the mirror before you go to bed at night and when you get up in the morning. Learn to pay yourself genuine compliments. Learn to accept genuine compliments, many people can’t even accept a compliment they pay themselves. Have discussions with yourself. You aren’t crazy if you do this, it’s not silly, some of the most successful people in the world do this. Winston Churchill used this. Many actors and public speakers use this all the time. There are a lot of affirmations for confidence on this site, you should read through them and find the one that really speaks to YOU.
Confidence Affirmations
Talking to yourself in the mirror doesn’t always have to be a chore either, it can be fun. Think of Jim Carrey in the Truman Show.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The cookie man is right. I am working on a communication degree and before a speech will make up random stories about zombies, trips, etc just to get myself in storytelling mode. I record myself and then analyze the recording; this may seem like a silly practice but having an idea of how the pitch and tone of your voice fluctuates when expressing emotion can give you a better understanding of not only how you sound but how well you get your point across to others.

you can download Audacity for free – it is the program I currently use

I use audacity too for making my sleep tapes. I record a cd that targets exactly what I want to work on and let it play at a low volume when I’m asleep. Another thing about confidence, I took a Dale Carnegie course many years ago. If you are shy you might want to consider taking something like Dale Carnegie or Toastmasters. I’ve never taken an acting class, but I’ve been in a few plays at our local Arts Center. That will definitely expand your comfort zone if you are shy. Laurie’s video she posted on MM’s birthday party about dancing made me want to take a dance class. I’m definitely not a dancer, I’m short and stocky, but I think something like that would do me a world of good.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content