login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Competiton, Praise, Recognition Discussion

Is competition good or bad?
What is the difference between praise and recognition?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Competition is a fact of biology, neither good nor bad. Good for the victors. Unfortunate for you if the victor was harmful to you, example: a fatal bacterial infection.

I’ll recognize Justin Beeber as a financial success, but I’m not gonna praise him. :)

• What a wonderful thread topic, SRWE. Hmmm…was that praise or recognition? lol (: In addition, I like that competition/bacteria perspective posted by AccidentalNote…Was that a praise comment or one of recognition? (: I just call it a truth…therefore a judgement…which seems to also praise and recognize (:
  • I praise Lee and recognize him for creating this site. I praise him for helping to bring together so many people from different backgrounds…to give to themselves and others in their own special and valued ways. I am making this value judgement based on my personal development experience & the comments of others and how this site improves the quality of many other people’s lives. I recognize Lee because he has met the basic criteria for helping a multitude of individuals…with little negativity presenting itself within a population with such diversity.
  • Comments of praise and recognition seem to overlap.
  • In regard to competition being good or bad…That depends on how you define good & bad. If by competing with others in say making a marketable better product…and that is the extent of ‘good’ …then competition is good. If one sees competition as only with oneself and they improve well on that motivation …that would be best(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I enjoyed reading this little article. The Difference Betwen Praise and Acknowledgment

I found this too.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to mara’s post:
Wonderfully stated…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content