login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Are you a tortoise or a hare

The Tortoise And The Hare

Do you race through the day or plod along .

I realised the other day I go from one extreme to another .I will potter around for ages on pc,reading ,being very relaxed etc and then spend a mad half hour doing jobs at high speed.

Rushing to dash from one thing to another I cut my finger quite deeply while peeling carrots and realised I will be far better if I become more mindful while doing jobs and spend more time on them and less time faffing about .

I have been on pc for about 2 hours and it is getting near tea time ,all this time I have kept thinking ,must make 2 phone calls ,hang up washing ,put another load in ,clean out guinea pigs, start cooking tea and not started any yet and would usually go rushing round thinking of the next thing to do .

So I’m aiming to focus on one thing at a time and get into a routine of jobs first ,then other stuff.

Are you mindfull when doing things and focused one thing or do you go from one extreme to another

I’m a tortoise. I’m a tenacious one though.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

love that SRWE

maybe there is a time to rush and a time to go slow
reminds me of my parents

Dad was definatly a tortoise ,a typical Yorkshire man – very wise ,kind, methodical, relaxed, followed the seasons through his garden – loved preparing the ground ,planning and planting seeds then patiently doing other things while those seeds grew up through the ground ,then caring for the new plants .He loved reading by the fire for hours with a mug of coffee .He lived in the now without even knowing it

Mum was a whirlwind ,doing half a dozen things at once ,thinking ahead to days,months in the future.I have never seen anyone knit as fast as Mum could – those needles used to nearly fly .She would push the hoover with one hand and dust/polish with the other .

Two fantastic parents ,both so different and complementing each other ,no wonder I’m a mixture – very like Mum in looks and Dad in personality although I talk a lot more .

turn,turn,turn

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content