login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Astonishing People You Don't Know You Know

I’ll bet dollars to dimes that most of you already know several truly amazing people, but you don’t know that they are amazing people. Pretty good odds that someone in your neighborhood or town or maybe even in your own home are miraculously fantastic in some area and you’d be amazed if you could see it, or knew about it. I know, we are all special in some way. “What are you saying, Jeff? You are amazingly good at stating the obvious.” Well, all of us have great abilities and talents, true, but not all of us are aware of them or even able to recognize them. We often take for granted the things we are really good at and because those gifts are so easy for us we simply can’t really appreciate them the way that another person could. Even if we DO know we are good at something, we don’t necessarily go around tooting our own horn. If you are walking down the street and bump into your neighbor, you can’t tell by looking that he wrote a bestselling book or won teacher of the year or has a doctorate in Russian literature – but, if you could tell, you might be prompted to have a conversation with him. There are great minds all around us that belong to shy or introverted people – they also belong to people who aren’t shy, but don’t necessarily talk about their gifts. They are out there folks, and I’m sure you already know them. You just don’t know that you know them.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You know SRWE/MCM (: There is a quote that says something to the effect … treat a person as though they are great and they will rise to the occasion…treat a person with non-encouraging or less than-behavior and they may begin to meet those standards as well.

There has been and currently still have…lots of talent right here among us. We have inventors, artists, singers, musicians (playing varied instruments), writers/authors, poets, song writers, cooks, organic food & & flower gardeners, photographers,positivity-coaches/bloggers,actors,voice-over artists, wellness &/or functional medicine experts, medical professionals & layman-experts, financial consultants, high energy people, well read-people, and experienced in many professions people….We have teens & seniors. We have life-lessons galore people…and the list goes on…right here among us. Simple greetings & expressing a “go for it” …goes along way here and everywhere.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, yesssssss, my prescious…

Also, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat “lesser” people. Know what I mean? Also, there are lots of people out there with so much to contribute if they are only given a chance or a little encouragement. It is so great to watch people blossom. You know, public speaking is often ranked ahead of death as people’s number one fear. I can kind of see why, self-consciousness can make us all scared – but, think about how great it is to overcome that and not be afraid to express yourself.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

This is a wonderful thread I am sorry I didn’t have the pleasure of knowing this man. But he was a miraculous being. He was so brilliant I may even say he wasn’t of this world!

Tesla

I agree about Tesla.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thank you Jeff this guy is on the top of my list!

GC, you would appreciate Charles Steinmetz
He wasn’t Tesla, but he was pretty amazing as well. His biography is well worth reading.

I feel like I’m hosting Sesame Street today and my letter of the day is A because I keep using the words Amazing and Astounding and Astonishing, lol!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another brilliant man thank you SRWE!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content