login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

SEPTEMBER 2012. Optimism vs Pessimism

The optimist was creative enough to build a plane.
The pessimist was fearful enough to build a parachute.

We need both in order to survive. Do you believe that we only need optimism to make it in this world?

What a great question to ponder. Off the cuff, though, I’m not sure if I’d call the person who invented the parachute a pessimist…I see them as proactive within the realm of possibilities. …maybe that makes me a pessimist(:

And in response to your question…do we only need optimism? These realities could be considered relative…to many factors. I believe having a variety of individuals makes the world the beautiful place it is. I’m not sure what the more pessimistic individual would would feel on this topic(:

While it is true, my comfort is often increased… being around that of someone who exhibits optimism… I do learn a great deal from those who see things that I don’t…whether it be more “optimistic” or more “pessimistic”.

I also have experienced dispositions of others (wherever I was on a topic) with something… they felt differently than myself… & it assisted me in being more positive, more grateful, more compassionate….more aware…(in conversation…“devil’s advocate” conversations are very educational). I like to believe we continue to learn from everyone….This reminds me of a great video you once shared…everything happens for a reason…I think it was called. Just a thought(: Thanks Godscreation.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I tend to agree,the only thing I can say is“the mind is like a parachute it functions best when it,s open”

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

 

Sometimes optimism can seem a little irrational, a bit like standing in front of a firing squad singing OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING. But it's still better than pessimism

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

 

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Optimism-Quotes-10.jpg

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

To-the-contented-even.jpg

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content