login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Quotes From Favourite Books and Authors

There are so many quotes I underline in books I’m starting a thread to keep them all in one place ,listed either by the name of the author or the book .

Sarah Ban Breathnac – Simple Abundance ,Something more,Romancing The Ordinary,Moving On.

“Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.”

“The authentic self is the soul made visible.”

“Each day offers us the gift of being a special occasion if we can simply learn that as well as giving, it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart.”

“An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer.”

“Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend… when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present / love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure / the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth.”

Anais Nin

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”

“ Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born”

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are “

“Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country”

“If all of us acted in unison as I act individually there would be no wars and no poverty. I have made myself personally responsible for the fate of every human being who has come my way.”

“We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.”

Louise L Hay

“Change yout thoughts ,change your life “

“Be kind to yourself. Begin to love and approve of yourself.”

“Your unique creative talents and abilities are flowing through you and are being expressed in deeply satisfying ways. Your creativity is always in demand.”

“You are the only person who thinks in your mind! You are the power and authority in your world.”

“In the infinity of life where I am,
All is perfect, whole and complete,
I no longer choose to believe in old limitations and lack, I now choose to begin to see myself
As the Universe sees me —- perfect, whole, and complete.”

Gary Zukav

“An authentically powered person lives in love. Love is the energy of the soul. Love is what heals the personality. There is nothing that cannot be healed by love. There is nothing but love.”

“Spiritual Partnership
… The new female and the new male
are partners on a journey of spiritual growth.
They want to make the journey.
Their love and trust keep them together.
Their intuition guides them. They consult with each other.
They are friends. They laugh a lot. They are equals.

That is what a spiritual partnership is:
a partnership between equals
for the purpose of spiritual growth.”

“When the deepest part of you becomes engaged in what you are doing, when your activities and actions become gratifying and purposeful, when what you do serves both yourself and others, when you do not tire within but seek the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work, you are doing what you were meant to be doing.”

“Eventually, you will come to understand
that love heals everything,
and love is all there is.

The journey may take many lifetimes,
but you will complete it.
It is impossible not to complete it.
It is not a question of if but of when.

Every situation you create
serves this purpose.

Every experience you encounter
serves this purpose.”

“For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You receive from the world what you give to the world.”

Wayne Dyer

“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

“With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”

“You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”

“You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”

“You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.”

“The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if
what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant
forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.”

“You’ll see it when you believe it.”

“If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.”

“Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.”

“Heaven on Earth is a choice you
must make, not a place you must find.”

“Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.”

“You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.”

“loving people live in a loving world.hostile people live in a hostile world.same world.”

“When you’re at peace with yourself and love your self, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.”

“There’s no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”

“You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life’.”

“Present-moment living, getting in touch with your now, is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives.”

“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”

“The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind.”

“When you abandon making choices, you enter the vast world of excuses.”

“You are what you choose to be today. Not what you’ve chosen to be before.”

“Heaven is a state of mind, not a location.”

“Begin with the end in mind. Start with the end outcome and work backwards to make your dream possible.”

“I have absolutley no limits on what I intent to create.”

“When you are able to shift your inner awareness to how you can serve others, and when you make this the central focus of your life, you will then be in a position to know true miracles in your progress toward prosperity.”

“Once you believe in yourself
and see your soul as divine and precious,
you’ll automatically be converted
to a being who can create miracles.”

“You are an infinite spiritual being having a temporary human experience.”

“No one can create negativity or stress within you. Only you can do that by virtue of how you process your world.”

“A belief system is nothing more than a thought you’ve thought over and over again.”

“The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your
imagination.”

“Change your thoughts, Change your world”

Oprah

“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”

“I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ”

“Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.”

“We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”

“Some women have a weakness for shoes… I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books.”

“With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.

“You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.”

“We are not Human Beings experiencing spiritual lives, we are spiritual beings experiencing human lives.”

“If you’re going to binge, literature is definitely the way to do it.”

“I choose to rise up out of that storm and see that in moments of desperation, fear, and helplessness, each of us can be a rainbow of hope, doing what we can to extend ourselves in kindness and grace to one another. And I know for sure that there is no them – there’s only us.

“Life is about growth and change. When you are no longer doing that — that is your whisper; that is your whisper that you are supposed to do something else.”

“Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility.”

“Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you’re going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and my maintaining focus.”

“Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life’s blessings.”

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”

“Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your life to serve the world.”

“All life is energy and we are transmitting it at every moment. We are all little beaming little signals like radio frequencies, and the world is responding in kind.”

“You’ve got to follow your passion. You’ve got to figure out what it is you love—who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams.”

Dr Edward Bach – Bach Flower Essences

“They are able, like beautiful music, or any gloriously uplifting thing which gives us inspiration, to raise our very natures, and bring us nearer to our Souls: and by that very act bring us peace and relieve our sufferings

“Dear Folk,

It would be wonderful to form a little Brotherhood without rank or office, none greater and none less than the other, who devoted themselves to the following principals:

1. That there has been disclosed unto us a System of Healing such has not been known within the memory of men; when, with the simplicity of the Herbal Remedies, we can set forth with the certainty, the absolute certainty, of their power to conquer disease.

“… take no notice of the disease, think only of the outlook on life.”

2. That we never criticize nor condemn the thoughts, the opinions, the ideas of others; ever remembering that all humanity are God’s children, each striving in his own way to find the Glory of his Father. That we set out on the one hand, as knights of old, to destroy the dragon of fear, knowing that we may never have one discouraged word, but that we can bring Hope, and most of all Certainty to those who suffer.

3. That we never get carried away by praise or success that we meet in our Mission, knowing that we are but the messengers of the Great Power.

4. That as more and more we gain the confidence of those around, we proclaim to them we believe that we are divine agents sent to succor them in their need.

5. That as people become well, that the Herbs of the field which are healing them, are the gift of Nature, which is the Gift of GOD; thus bring them back to a belief in the Love, the Mercy and the tender Compassion and the Almighty Power of the Most High.”

- Dr. Edward Bach

Bach Flower Essences

SARK

“I envision a world filled with women traveling alone and meeting each other on the path.”

“Use your internal grandmother for guidance and advice.”

“If you let yourself be truly seen, then you can be truly loved.”

“A succulent wild woman is one of any age who feels free to fully express herself in every dimension of her life.”

“If she got really quiet and listened, new parts of her wanted to speak.”

“This imaginary gift is a journey for your imagination.

I send you…
A luxury train ride. On this train are all the inspiring people you’ve ever wanted to meet or talk to. You glide from car to car, sitting or lying down on velvet lounge chairs, listening and asking questions. There is also a voluminous library on the train, with every book you’ve ever wanted to read or look at. Kind people bring you delicious tidbits to eat and nourishing liquids to drink. If you take a nap, time stands still until you return so you never miss anything. You receive a large journal filled with photographs, drawings and descriptions of your journey to take with you when you leave. You realize that you can board this train at any time.”

“Marry yourself first — promise never to leave you!”

“A Gift for You
I send you…

A cottage retreat on a hill in Ireland. This cottage is filled with fresh flowers, art supplies, and a double-wide chaise lounge in front of a wood-burning fireplace. There is a cabinet near the front door, where your favorite meals appear, several times a day. Desserts are plentiful and calorie free. The closet is stocked with colorful robes and pajamas, and a painting in the bedroom slides aside to reveal a plasma television screen with every movie you’ve ever wanted to watch. A wooden mailbox at the end of the lane is filled daily with beguiling invitations to tea parties, horse-and-carriage rides, theatrical performances, and violin concerts. There is no obligation or need to respond.

You sleep deeply and peacefully each night, and feel profoundly healthy. This cottage is yours to return to at any time. ”

“Women need a space to be creative — creativity thrives in solitude.”

“A Gift for You
I send you…

The gift of a letter from your wise self. This is the part of you that sees you with benevolent, loving eyes. You find this letter in a thick envelope with your name on it, and the word YES written boldly above your name.

My Dear,

I am writing this to remind you of your ‘essence beauty.’ This is the part of you that has nothing to do with age, occupation, weight, history, or pain. This is the soft, untouched, indelible you. You can love yourself in this moment, no matter what you have, or haven’t done or been.

See past any masks, devices, or inventions that obscure your essence.

Remember your true purpose, WHICH is only Love.

If you cannot see or feel love, lie down now and cry; it will cleanse your vision and free your heart.

I love you; I am you.”

“Inside the book between the lines, was a place to rest and absorb the magic”

Maya Angelou

“I long, as does every human being,
to be at home wherever I find myself”

“Love life, engage in it, give it all you’ve got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it”

“A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song”

“Let us live so well we will not spend useless years in timidity and inertness. Let us dedicate ourselves to the liberation of the human mind and spirit ~ beginning with our own”

“If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded”

Mahatma Gandhi

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of other”

“Where there is love there is life”

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony”

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world”

“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

“Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances”

“When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator”

“The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity”

“My life is my message”

“The good man is the friend of all living things”

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill”

Brian Tracy

►• Look for the good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always find it. Brian Tracy
►• Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” Brian Tracy
►• The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life. Brian Tracy
►• If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals. Brian Tracy
►• You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile. Brian Tracy
►• Set peace of mind as your highest goal and organize your life around it. Brian Tracy
►• Make a game of finding something positive in every situation. Ninety-five percent of your emotions are determined by how you interpret events to yourself. Brian Tracy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Christine Breese

Favorite Quotes & Thoughts from Dr. Christine Breese

There is nothing one must do except be awake in the moment, and everything else takes care of itself. It takes trust and surrender to live this way, letting life unfold for you rather than directing it yourself with the human mind. Realize that the self is eternal consciousness which never changes, can never be harmed, and never dies. It doesn’t need to be fixed or healed, it doesn’t have to evolve. The real you is already whole… it’s not a process. Realizing this frees you from the human condition. You have found what you are looking for right here in this moment, in the very fact that you are aware intelligence, with or without the body. Once direct experience of who you really are has taken place and it is brought into daily life, wholeness and peace become your natural way. This results in living your enlightenment in this lifetime, which automatically creates the beautiful life you always wanted. As you radiate this grace to others around you it may seem like a brand new way of being in life—and it is. It is lucid living. The first challenge is to become lucid, rather than operating on automatic pilot through life. The next challenge is to maintain that lucidity without falling back to sleep into the human condition. Stopping the mind is the first step. This is where it begins. It only deepens from there.

“Now, forget everything you’ve just learned and be still. Know yourself as wise, loving, intelligent, eternal consciousness that never needed to change or fix anything in the first place. Then see what happens… It will be a pleasant surprise!”

Eckart Tolle

“When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world. Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness. This is the I Am that is deeper than name and form.”

“There are situations when all answers and explanations fade. When you fully accept that you do not know, you give up struggling to find answers with the limited thinking mind. That is when the greater intelligence can operate though you. Sometimes surrender means giving up trying to understand and becoming comfortable with not knowing.”

“You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”

“All the things that truly matter, beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace arise from beyond the mind.”

“Knowing yourself is to be rooted in Being, instead of lost in your mind.”

“Awareness is the greatest agent for change.”

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

“Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose, there are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.”

“There is within each one of us a potential for goodness beyond our imagining; for giving which seeks no reward; for listening without judgment; for loving unconditionally.”

“There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from.”

“There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub.”

“You suppose you are the trouble, But you are the cure, You suppose that you are the lock on the door, But you are the key that opens it” – Rumi

Esther and Jerry Hicks- Abraham

“Life Will Always Be Working Out for Me. . .

I like understanding that things are always evolving, and while there are many things that could be better where I am, it is not really a problem because “where I am” is constantly changing to something better. I like knowing that as I look for the best things around me where I am, those things become more prevalent in my experience. It is fun to know that things are always working out for me, and as I watch for the evidence of that . . . I see more evidence of that every day. —- Abraham “

Doreen Virtue

“You’re shining bright as the sun, and it’s time to cast that light on everyone and everything around you.”

)

This is a wonderful thread, FG!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thanks MCM/Smart routines for bringing attention here. It truly is a wonderful thread! I too thank you Flowergirl for this thread I hadn’t kept up with these great posts.(I have already borrowed some) (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” Bilbo ~ Fellowship of the Ring – J.R.R. Tolkien

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

GIVE LOVE AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE TO THOSE YOU ENCOUNTER AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

“Remember that deciding to be happy and healthy requires courage and focus. It is ever so much easier to allow negativity and fear to run your life. Have courage.”
— Dr. Christiane Northup

“The important thing is that you like you. Just be yourself and you can’t lose.”
— Mogar

“In order to be truly free, compassionate, warm and loving, you must first start by understanding and loving yourself.” – Dr. Robert Anthony

“One of the principle requisites for change, and a self-confident personality is that you must satisfy your own needs first.” – Dr. Robert Anthony

“Once a person believes that something is true, whether or not it is, he then acts as if it were. He will instinctively seek to collect facts to support the belief no matter how false it may be. No one will be able to convince him otherwise unless, through personal experience or study, he is ready to change.” – Dr. Robert Anthony

“The person who is a ‘firm believer’ has no option to change his mind. This makes him ignorant. He can only recognize what lies ‘within’ the walls he has built around himself and is prevented from exploring the limitless Truth which lies outside the wall. What he fails to realize is that Truth is always greater than any structure built to contain it.

Belief and faith are not the same thing and should not be confused. Unlike belief, faith is not totally limiting. It recognizes that there is much to discover and know, and that one must always seek to unfold more and more of the Truth. With faith, all things are possible. The ‘firm believer’ always thinks he knows the answer. The person with faith, aware that he knows very little, constantly seeks enlightenment.” – Dr. Robert Anthony

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The inspiration you seek is already within you. Be silent and listen.”
— Rumi

Am I something? And the answer comes, already am, always was, and I still have time to be

— Anis Mojgani, “Here Am I”

“Don’t save something for a special occasion. Every day of your life is a special occasion.”
— Thomas S. Monson

As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.

Pythagoras

Be the silent watcher of your thoughts and behavior. You are beneath the thinker. You are the stillness beneath the mental noise. You are the love and joy beneath the pain.”
— Eckhart Tolle

Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.

— Gary Zukav

“The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.”
— Joseph Campbell

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.”-Chinese proverb

“The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.”
— Shakti Gawain

Yesterday, I cried, for all the days that I was too busy, or too tired, or too mad to cry.

I cried for all the days, and all the ways, and all the times I had dishonored, disrespected, and disconnected my Self from myself, only to have it reflected back to me in the ways others did to me the same things I had already done to myself.

I cried for all the things I had given, only to have them stolen; for all the things I had asked for that had yet to show up; for all the things I had accomplished, only to give them away, to people in circumstances, which left me feeling empty, and battered and plain old used.

I cried because there really does come a time when the only thing left for you to do is cry.

— Iyanla Vanzant Yesterday I Cried

“Worrying, if I thought it would do any good,I would do more of it”

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work. -Richard Bach

this thread is mostly from 2012 and a bit into 2013. Wonderful thread Flowergirl, hope to see it continue on in the present! Thanks for sharing all you have here and giving us another great thread
much love, Appreciating(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content