login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Die Before You Die

Ironic, but one of the most intimate acts
of our body is
death.

So beautiful appeared my death – knowing who then I would kiss,
I died a thousand times before I died.

“Die before you die,” says the Prophet Muhammad.

Have wings that feared ever
touched the Sun?

I was born when all I once
feared – I could
love.

Rabia Basri the female Muslim Sufi saint.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Hi LEE
this is nomadicmaiden.nice to have you as a friend,only been hear a week.

Hi nomadicmaiden, welcome to bmindful!

Take a look around, be sure to introduce yourself and if you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them in this thread

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Interesting audio clip about dying of the self entitled Know the Whole Meaning of Love by Guy Finley

It’s short.

http://www.guyfinley.com/Wisdom_Tree/Audio_Clips/Listen/3400/

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have recently read a book titled – The Ultimate Journey which talks about your thoughts Laurie on preparing for death.

The book is based on this one professors experiments with treating critically ill patients with LSD as a way to prepare them for death and, hopefully, treat their illness or atleast their mindset towards it. It was an amazing book and the professor took some of his patients on an amazing spiritual journey. The results of which often extended their perceived lifespan by over 12 months. Once they had ‘died’/engaged in rebirth through the catalyst of LSD – what happened in most cases – the people were less fearful of death if at all and their attitude towards life improved greatly.

In response to melt86’s post:
Interesting, Mel. I looked at the summary of the Ultimate Journey and would love to hear the revelations that emerged from literally the far reaches of their minds. Sounds like a truly intense experiment.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The way I see it is…on the grand scheme of things…including the infinite number of planets in space and how long everything has been around…If you really look at how insignificant YOU and ME are in the big picture…Then you see that we may as well be gone before we are here.

It was after this realization that I felt lucky to be alive and lost all attachment to the insignificant things in life.

If all fear funnals down to a fear of death and you have accepted the fact that you will die when you die…then that frees you up to focus on what it is you are doing.

Good thread

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content