login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

AUGUST 2025 Life After a Lifetime Relationship

People seem to want others to ‘get over it’ when someone passes. How refreshing it would be to have ‘the world’ understand… you don’t get over it .. you get thru it.

He was here. He mattered. I am still here.

🌷

 

I carry his love forward, and I will be gentle with myself today.

🌷

ELO cover Elle & Toni Strange Magic

Queen — -You’re My Best Friend

 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I honor my love and my grief; both belong to me and both guide me forward.

🌷

I am allowed to feel hope and curiosity without replacing what was sacred.

🌷
My needs matter; I will meet them gently and steadily.

🌷

Small steps today are real progress toward a life I’m building.

🌷

I can hold pain and possibility at the same time.

🌷

I am enough as I am — tired, messy, brave, and healing.

🌷

It’s okay to protect my heart while also letting it open when it feels safe.

🌷

I give myself permission to rest, to sort, and when needed ask for help - all without shame.

🌷

I carry his love with me while I discover who I am now.

🌷

I trust myself to recognize what I want and to act

🌷

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I carry his love and my hope — I am allowed to feel both.

🌷

I honor my grief and the life we shared.

🌷

I am allowed to feel hope and curiosity today.

🌷

I will meet my needs gentl

🌷

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I loved him deeply; that love is part of me.

🌷

Today I will notice my feelings without judging them.

🌷

I will do one gentle thing that helps me feel steadier.

🌷

I am allowed to feel both sorrow and hope of all sizes.

🌷

 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I feel this grief; I am still here, and I will be gentle with myself.

🌷

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I’ll make a simple, gentle plan for tomorrow that limits decisions and supports my life  my  grief, energy, and small wins.

🌷

Every day I become more

capable,

confident,

and self-sufficient.

 

I commit to

skills

 that increase my proficiency & 

independence.

🌷

I create safety nets that allow

me to take calculated risks with grace.

🌷

 

My choices reflect my

values and long-

term goals.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

Morning / Afternoon / Evening plan with purpose — gentle, low-decision, and focused on one meaningful thing each block.

Morning

  • Wake goal: get up by a chosen time (pick one) —
  • affirmation
  • affirmation
  • & I  say: “Today I choose one steady step.”
  • Micro routine (8-30 min): drink water, wash face, put on something comfortable.
  • Purposeful task (18 –60 min): pick one concrete thing that matters (e.g., sort one box, respond to one job contact, tidy one corner). Do only that.
  • Anchor action: have a simple reward after
  • Afternoon
  • Low-energy slot (18-90 min): tackle a necessary item I listed (bills, emails, call). Use a 20–30 minute timer, then stop.
  • Purposeful connection (18min): reach out to one person (text/call) to feel seen, or write one sentence about my  husband/memory to honor him.
  • Small practical win: do a 8-15 minute household task (clear one shelf). Check it off.

Evening

  • Gentle closure (30 min): sit with a comforting ritual — music, photo, or light journaling (3 lines: what I did, one feeling, one small win).
  • Self-care choice: pick one of three options favorite show -> Do that.
  • Sleep rule: avoid big decisions 30 min before bed. Repeat one calming line: “I am here; I took one kind step today.”

Notes / rules to reduce fatigue

  • Limit decisions: choose only one purposeful task per block. If more comes up, add it to tomorrow’s list.
  • Timer rule: work in 8-–30 minute blocks with a short break.
  • Change any thing: if a task feels too heavy, only do a piece
  • reschedule or postpone.

More rules coming(:

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

My heart,

There are so many small, ordinary things about you that I miss everyday 

 …the way you smiled when you noticed something silly, the softness in your voice when you made me food

the steadying presence you were in the middle of a hard day.

I want you to know that what you gave me was real and it mattered: your kindness, your stubbornness, the way you held on when things were difficult and never complained 

Thank you for the life we built together and for every ordinary moment that became extraordinary because you were in it.

I am grateful for the laughter, the quiet evenings, the ways you showed up for me even when you were tired. Those memories are my energy now.

I will carry you forward in how I love,

how I try to be brave, and in the small rituals we shared.

Some days will be soft with memory, and some will ache

 both are okay.

I promise to speak your name, to tell our stories, and to honor the part of me that you helped shape.

Rest with peace
I will keep going, holding you close in every step as I move forward 

All my love

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

In response to ˚ steady she goes's post:

Thank you for sharing and for offering others the gift of understanding the enormity of what you are  dealing with. 

I support you and I support your healing process. 

Your writing and your Love for your husband is a living testament to the depth of your bond and your Love.

Blessings, Love, Courage and Perseverance.

Your friend

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Life is about making excellent choices!!'s post:

Thank you - it’s a wonderful tool to own your story & know it only leads to more freedom on every level . I do my best not to become impatient. 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

  • I eat like you did — steady, slow, present.”
  • “Your calm is in me now.”
  • “I take my time, the way you did.”

 

  • “He ate slowly and I loved that — I’ll borrow his calm for this moment.”
  • I relax like you did 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

1. I am allowed to rest.  How come I forgot?

2. Small steps are still progress.  And my steps are very meaningful.

3. I did my best with the energy I had.  It was all inspired by love.

4. I am deserving of care and kindness.  Knowing this allows for quality relationships.

5. Grief is not a race; I move at my own pace.  My pace is good.

6. One tiny choice can change my day.  I choose well.

7. I am stronger than I feel right now.  This I know bc I am more than my feelings.

8. It’s okay to ask for help.  that’s why I ask for the best .

9. My feelings are valid and real.  And I sort thru them with care .

10. I can do one small thing today.  And then another & another 

11. I am more than my to‑do list.  i always have been.

12. Rest is a productive, necessary act.  I rest well.

13. I honor the love I shared and carry it forward.  Thank you for loving me .

14. I am capable of gentle courage.  I am that courage .

15. I am allowed to feel joy again.  So I do.

16. I release what I cannot control.  And with that release I AM.

17. I am learning, one day at a time.  My lessons are rich .

18. I give myself permission to be imperfect.  My imperfections are perfect 

19. My body and mind deserve nourishment.  So I nourish regularly 

20. I choose one manageable priority today.  And then another 

21. I am patient with my healing.  Patience is peaceful.

22. Small routines help me feel safe.  I am safe.

23. I am proud of the steps I’ve already taken.  I am directed well .

24. I welcome moments of calm and softness.  And they come to me often.

25. I am enough, exactly as I am. And I  appreciate me.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

1. I breathe in peace and breathe out tension.  Thank you.

2. I honor my needs without apology.  I do so with love.

3. Each small action honors my well‑being.  I am grateful.

4. I am allowed to slow down.  So I have 

5. My worth is not measured by productivity.  I am

more than what I do & I am

more than the sum of my parts.

6. I welcome kindness from others and myself.  That feels good & right 

7. I trust my ability to make good choices.  So I choose regularly 

8. I am patient with my progress.  And more progress shows up.

9. I nurture my body with gentle care. I am comforted 

10. I give myself permission to say no.  And I do it with grace 

11. My heart remembers love and comfort.  I live it because it’s what I know and love best .

12. I can rest and still be brave.  

13. I am learning to be gentle with my grief.  

14. I accept support when it is offered.  

15. Small routines bring me stability.  

16. I celebrate tiny victories.  

17. I am open to moments of peace today.  

18. I treat myself with compassion.  

19. My needs are important and valid.  

20. I release guilt and embrace self‑forgiveness.  

21. I create space for healing a little each day.  

22. I am present for the parts of me that need rest.  

23. I deserve comfort and softness.  

24. I trust the timing of my healing.  

25. I carry forward love, one day at a time.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

1. I breathe in peace and breathe out tension.  Thank you.

2. I honor my needs without apology.  I do so with love.

3. Each small action honors my well‑being.  I am grateful.

4. I am allowed to slow down.  So I have 

5. My worth is not measured by productivity.  I am

more than what I do & I am

more than the sum of my parts.

6. I welcome kindness from others and myself.  That feels good & right 

7. I trust my ability to make good choices.  So I choose regularly 

8. I am patient with my progress.  And more progress shows up.

9. I nurture my body with gentle care. I am comforted 

10. I give myself permission to say no.  And I do it with grace 

11. My heart remembers love and comfort.  I live it because it’s what I know and love best .

12. I can rest and still be brave.  

13. I am learning to be gentle with my grief.  

14. I accept support when it is offered.  

15. Small routines bring me stability.  

16. I celebrate tiny victories.  

17. I am open to moments of peace today.  

18. I treat myself with compassion.  

19. My needs are important and valid.  

20. I release guilt and embrace self‑forgiveness.  

21. I create space for healing a little each day.  

22. I am present for the parts of me that need rest.  

23. I deserve comfort and softness.  

24. I trust the timing of my healing.  

25. I carry forward love, one day at a time.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

In my minds eye & my spirit place I knew you’d be with me 

thank you for your eternal love 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I am resilient and learning new ways to care for my heart.

I am someone who honors love through small daily actions.

I am allowed to rest and still be devoted to memory.

I am becoming more organized so I can be present and compassionate.

I am a learner — building rituals that sustain me and my loved one’s legacy.

I am permitted to find joy again while keeping my devotion intact.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

By Louise Hay 

I create only joyful

experiences in my

loving world.


Divine right action

is always

taking place in my life.

Only good comes from each experience.

It is safe

to grow

up.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

:

I  build small systems that keep me steady.
I choose one task I can finish now, do it with care, then rest

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

1. I take one small step today and choose to know  when to do the next.
2. I choose gentle routines because they build authentic, steady flow.
3. I allow myself to rest when I need it and discourage interruptions.
4. I eat and drink to care for my body because it’s a high priority.
5. I keep areas tidy for calm and honoring.
6. I am natural at noticing things I’m grateful for.
7. I give myself permission to feel my feelings as long as that feels right.
8. I do what comforts me.
9. I choose short, clear actions over big, all-at-once plans.
10. I love how I consistently and gently check in with myself.
11. I honor my pace and limits.
12. I allow small comforts into my day as gifts to myself and to honor his memory.
13. I say no when I need to protect my energy.
14. I reach out briefly when I want connection.
15. I finish one small task before stopping.
16. I am kind to myself in big and small ways.
17. I let memories be part of the day, not all of it.
18. I keep routines that help me evolve.
19. I notice progress, even when in grand scheme appear small.
20. I meet tomorrow with calm and one clear plan.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

🎀 I am seen and now I am seeing the me I AM.

🎀I approve of my rest.

 

🎀I am doing enough because it’s always my best.

🎀I am holding on and letting go appropriately.

 

🎀I am gentle with myself as my inner child desires.

🎀I am allowed to feel this because I own my feelings.

 

🎀I am making small, meaningful choices because there is no other way to live fully.

🎀I am cared for, even in silence and it’s loud enough to hear me well.

 

🎀I am present in this moment and in the next moment.

🎀I am worthy of kindness so I give it to myself with all I have and understand.

🎀I am giving myself permission to slow down and speed up depending on what I need.

🎀I am allowed to protect my energy and I do so well.


🎀I am accepting what I can today and I don’t have to like it.

🎀I  am patient with my grief and grief is patient with me.

🎀I am doing what I can right now and I feel my limits saying I am doing well.

🎀I am allowed the boundaries I need.


🎀I am holding love and loss together because without knowing both I cannot take part in my reality.

🎀I am allowed to be imperfect and I treasure all and it’s all perfect to me.

🎀I am strong in quiet ways, and that’s the way I like it.

🎀I am allowed gentle choices because they are comforting.

🎀I am honoring my needs so I can fulfill them.

🎀I am capable of small steps — one step at a time.

🎀I am not alone in this moment and answered prayers are part of daily experience.

🎀I am deserving of compassion and I choose to do this for myself.

I🎀 am here, still trying. And my hubby is proud.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

tonight

Later I arranged a tiny corner of my home 

so the

tenderness I

 felt could

sit visibly

in the space.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 I remember this day with warmth and gratitude. 

I honor the love woven into that moment.
 I hold the memory tenderly, without rushing it.
 I carry the joy from that day into my present.
I am held by the love that we celebrated together.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

1. My life continues with purpose, even when the path is unclear.
2. I can hold memories and keep moving forward.
3. Not knowing every answer is okay; curiosity can be my guide.
4. Small practices shape the future gently.
5. I am allowed to evolve at my own pace.
6. The meaning I carry grows with time.
7. I honor the past and welcome new beginnings.
8. Each quiet day adds to my forward story.
9. I can rest without losing progress.
10. My choices, however small, create a living legacy.
11. I trust that goodness can arrive in unexpected ways.
12. It’s enough to be faithful to the next right thing.
13. My heart can hold both sorrow and possibility.
14. I give myself permission to change to love and to grieve.
15. I am patient with the unfolding of my life.
16. Small acts of care move me forward steadily.
17. I carry love’s lessons into each new day.
18. The future need not be perfect to be meaningful and that is what creates true perfection 
19. I am becoming, gently and surely.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

 

 

1) Permissible to feel what I feel.
2) My grief is love showing up in a new way.
3) even Small steps are real progress.
4) I give myself permission to rest for any reason  
5) I am doing enough for any moment.
6) Tenderness for myself is strength.
7) I carry my love with me always.
8) Tears and Joy are part of healing.
9) I can choose one tiny act  of being /doing right now.
10) My needs matter and I meet them kindly.
11) I do not erase memory by living.
12) Each breath steadies me in style 
13) I change at my own pace.
14) I honor what I had and what I need now.
15) Small comforts are meaningful.
16) I deserve gentle care.
17) I can ask for a pause when I need it.
18) I notice one good thing, however small.
19) I am comforted .
20) It is safe to take the next tiny step.
21) I forgive myself for what I could not do.
22) I hold both grief and hope together.
23) My body knows how to heal in time.
24) I protect my energy with kind boundaries.
25) One small action is how I rol.

 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

Loving someone was an

expression of my

courage and capacity.

 

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I gave love honestly and fully ;

that is a strength

I carry forward.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

Every small step forward

is proof of my-resilience.

I hold both sorrow and hopefulness 

at the same-time.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

I am enough today,

tomorrow,

and-through everything

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

The love I gave

was real and beautiful

and deeply meaningful.

The love I received

was real and beautiful

and deeply meaningful.

BE YOU

“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content