SweetStrongSoul
Posted on 05/11/2010. Last edited on 02/11/2024.
Hi all! I’ve been away from quite some time! When we last spoke, I was getting through a really tough break up. I’m happy to say that I not only got through my break up, but experience a number of personal breakthroughs! I am leading a much happier life right now, and I’m in the process of making my life even better!
One breakthrough that resulted from my break up was the realization of how unhappy I was with my career and how “confuzzled” my life goals had become. For some reason, I developed this belief that somehow, I would be happy if I had a “certain” income and led a “certain” fancy lifestyle. The one beautiful thing about dating my ex-boyfriend was that he made me realize that those were NOT the things that made me happy. We often did so many things that were super inexpensive (daresay cheap or even free!). And I enjoyed those things far more than most (if not all) of the fancy dates I had ever been on. I’m an “experiences” person. And it’s not about how much the experience costs, but rather the quality of the experience.
This realization led me to reexamine my current career choice. I work at a giant corporation and I work in a field that I do NOT love! So now, I am taking a ton of steps to move in the right direction.
One major realization that I’ve come to is that to move in the right direction, you have to know where it is that you want to go! Not only “what kind of new career” do you want, but what kind of “life” do you want? Because, ultimately, whether we want to admit to it or not, your career can and does shape your life. I’m working through a fantastic book called the Pathfinder, which emphasizes this point. I didn’t really “get it” in the beginning, but the further I go along, the more I understand the importance of clear goal setting.
It’s not enough to say “I want a better life.” You have to articulate what kind of life it is that you want.
Hippiegirl
Posted on 06/11/2010.
hi SweetStrongSoul your inspiring post is lovely and im pleased you are moving forwards .What a gift your ex has left with you ,and as you cherish your memories you will start buildng new ones too .
I’m looking at getting back into work and not sure what direction to go in so im open to anything the universe sends along ,love flowergirl
maryre
Posted on 25/09/2012.
Thanks for sharing.
My Blessings,
Mary Rettig
Like my page at https://www.facebook.com/maryerettigpage
The enterprize
Posted on 21/08/2013. Last edited on 19/09/2013.
I’M SURE I HAVE SOME THOUGHTS ON THIS THREAD.
OF THE VARIOUS GOALS PEOPLE ASPIRE TOWARDS,HAPPINESS SEEMS THE MOST LOGICAL,BECAUSE ALL OR MOST OTHER GOALS IN MY OPINION ARE SECONDARY
TO HAPPINESS. AS ELUSIVE AS IT MIGHT SEEM,A FEELING OF HAPPINESS IS PERHAPS THE FOUNDATION IN WHICH TO BUILD UPON.
I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL SPIRITUAL PEOPLE SAY WE INSIST ON THE IDEA THAT
WE HAVE TO SEEK,AND SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS WHEN
THE FACT IS WE ARE POTENTIALLY ALREADY HAPPY AND ENLIGHTENED,WHY WE INSIST ON THIS STRATEGIC SEARCH,I PRESUME IS BECAUSE WE THINK THAT TO FIND SOMETHING SO VALUABLE LIKE THE HOLY GRAIL OR GOD MUST REQUIRE AN EXTENSIVE EXAUSTIVE SEARCH.
IT’S SIMALAR TOO THIS SCENARIO,I CAN’T FIND MY SET OF KEYS,I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR HOURS,WHERE COULD THEY BE,DID I LEAVE THEM AT THE
STORE?THEN YOU REACH INTO THE INSIDE POCKET FOR SOME GUM AND YOU AT THAT POINT DISCOVER YOUR KEYS,AFTER HOURS OF SEARCHING YOU HAD THEM WITH YOU ALL THE TIME.
enter the heart , you could win a prize
In response to SweetStrongSoul's post:
Another GREAT THREAD/bookmark
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
I believe clarity not only in desire though in Any action step you choose to take - allows the belief in oneself & one’s good life to take root and flourish
It doesn’t matter what it is - As long as it is specifically for you in an area that has needed your attention..
just
start
& continue
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
Today I choose to define exactly what I would like to experience and I allow room
for the more that wants the freedom of my joy
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
Jump to Top ^^
To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!
Related Content