So many things to focus upon... so little time... and less and less sanity.
When I choose to over-focus on anything... I'm choosing... to mislead myself.
I can choose to notice whenever I'm calm... and at that moment... write down what I'm focused on. I can choose to keep my list of 'Calming Focus Items' in my wallet or purse.
It's a great thing to have many 'Calming Focus Items' handy...
Then... when I have upset myself by over-focusing on people, events or media... I can choose to stop and focus on what calms me. BY CHUCK BRITT
I can choose to notice that I have more than one feeling.
( saw this written by CHUCK & CONNIE BRITT ; RETIRED FAMILY THERAPISTS)
This is profound for many
You can also choose to write your own affirmations by first putting down a phrase including the idea of "choice", and second you can add an idea of a gentle self-care goal or truth about myself using as few words as possible.
OR
You can choose to create your affirmation to your own liking.
CHUCK & CONNIE BRITT
link
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF EFFECTIVE
AFFIRMATIONS FOR THERRAPEUTIC SELF CARE THAT USE THE NEW TOOLS FROM NEUROSICENCE.
- A declaration of positive truth.
I can choose to do this now.
Now I have a better plan.
I am good at this.
- A choice statement.
I can choose to refuse to receive the impulsive talk of others.
I can choose to notice that I have more than one feeling.
I can choose to abandon myself or not.
- A statement of doubt with a positive assertion.
YOU CAN BE DISTRUSTFUL AMD CHOOSE TO GIVE THINGS A CHANCE
CHUCK & CONNIE BRITT ; RETIRED FAMILY THERAPISTS
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
|
A declaration of positive truth.
I can choose to do this now.
Now I have a better plan.
I am good at this.
|
|
|
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
LINK 1
link 2
link 3
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
I can choose to SLEEP WELL
Now I have a better UNDERSTANDING
I am QUITE good at this.
I WILL ALLOW A PEACEFUL SLEEP AND A
JOYOUS INSPIRED WAKING
G'NIGHT
BE YOU
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi