login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

-★★Caregivers Who Care- 1st edition

When we are born a whole community of caretakers  come out of the woodworks. Parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, strangers, all come to comfort us even if it only a smile. They pick us up, kiss us, hug us, rock us, feed us, clean up our messes and shower us with love. And then...we grow up!

As children we learn to start taking care of ourselves. As we mature most of us take on more responsibility for our own care and independence. 

Sooner or later a time comes when we are in a situation or position to take care of others. The process sometimes starts early, and slowly, and easy, such as helping a sibling put their shoes on the correct foot. Sometimes taking care of others happens quickly, and difficult as when there are severe illnesses or accidents.  As we age, there are all different levels of caregiving...all kinds…Becoming a caregiver in some capacity is almost a certainty. 

My intention is to open a positive discussion of being a caregiver. Some questions to consider are: 

1. As a caretaker/giver what things do you do to take care of yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually?

2. What are some of the challenges of being a caregiver have you experienced?

3. How do you deal with the frustration or anger from the person who needs your care? 

4. Ask your own question that you would like for others to discuss on caregiving.

For the last couple of years I have had the opportunity of supporting, encouraging, laughing, crying, and thinking about how I can best help my wife in her battle with breast cancer. It has been a difficult journey for us both. The commonality of physical and mental trauma has impacted us in very different ways.  Mine is a long story and I will openly share but first I would like to hear your story. 

Please share as much or as little as you like. Who will be the bravest and go first? 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy's post:

Thank you for creating this thread series!

there are all different levels of caregiving...all kinds…Becoming a caregiver in some capacity is almost a certainty. 

So right!

This topic certainly brings up many times I've been given the honor of caring for another... parents, younger little ones I have enjoyed in my life, a close (much) older adult friend who I was given the honor and responsibility of health care advocate legally... and  verbal support with friends and multiple interactions daily at work.

One area I don’t like to look at myself as a caretaker  is at home. {not because I don't like giving!!! I just don't see my spouse as someone who needs a caretaker...because giving is what you do when you love the one you are with}

As a spouse- I'm sure we both have taken turns in this area over the years(:

Though truth be told (these days) as able bodied as my hubby attempts to be-and often is... I know he has a high level of  of physical pain...and things to take care of ...and  does manage 'on his own' ...

This was a person who was known for his unusual physical strength. 

I would be remiss if I didn't mention (more often than he'd ever admit), he often has  a hard time these days. Its a daily decision to see if its something I should do or allow him to do at his pace.

Matter of fact, those who observe him... who don't know he hurts... might not even suspect. 

And while I have had some relatively new pain of my own...that crops up... it is not as incapacitating as his. And the timing of mine -(is usually) thank goodness is more after I get home from work(:

I bring up myself... because self care for myself is no joke. I create much mindful time to  my own self care 'just for me' , it is vital I take care of myself on all levels to be a 'well rounded' giver to my hubby of many years... (and to others I interact with)

dd0691358a2977cbb6ee3ccd30faadf5.jpg

What are some of the challenges of being a caregiver have you experienced?

And truth be told in regard to myself - I could use a hand myself with some things in the self care department.Image result for good vibes self care energy ocean pic

Nutritionally

One of those areas is my blood sugar.  My meal planning is vital. If I wait too long to eat or don't eat proper foods for my 'goals' ... I'm not helpful enough to anyone... at work, at home... anywhere.Also exercise is a must for me too. Though both exercising and creating meals becomes a catch 22... when either gets insufficient focus.Fortunately my hubby knows these 2 areas of selfcare are important to us both. Our favorite grocery store has a date night appeal(:

He has been very helpful with creating meals when I've been on my feet all day at work. And while I am grateful that he helps nicely with this, and it is somehow good for him to give to me no matter how he feels... it would be very good if I got a better handle on planning and preparing meals ... more frequently than I have lately. This is not because I believe he won't be able to... It's simply because it is vital for me to be on top of all I need. It will assure me that I can be who I know I am capable of being for us both.

Adequate Rest

and ...staying rested  cannot be emphasized enough...

Patience, Kindness

Sometimes it is difficult to ascertain how my hubby is really doing without repetitive questions... and I do pride our relationship with very good communication. And both of us speak very positively... and attempt to bring the best out of each situation. Though...when there are deadlines for various life-things... we can't just  try to do it, there are consequences if things are not done as needed ... and with some matters ... very thoroughly. So my focus is being  consistent and inclusive at what we call our business meetings... 

Communication

These meetings are essential to get business things understood, and addressed... so we can keep  bringing more joy and living back to daily -flow(:

Another area of things needed that can cause frustration are choices.

Of course both of us would like to do most convenient things... Though the focus is on what do we Really NEED. This takes mindful thought ... And we attempt to keep progressing-with gentleness

I have allowed a level of normalcy... and it brings out 'the best we can do'-mode

Love

Love Love Love 

Gratitude & Letting Go

And gratefully -the best 'somehow' occurs.

Positive Attitude

I am so glad we have a positive mind set and love. 

Faith

Thank you God,

Changing What We Can

'changing what we can'... and we utilize a variety of tools to energize our lives daily ... DYzTP7qVoAATKXy.jpg

I am thankful for the joy that I feel within me, and the peace and the faith I have as my companions

I Am living a Divine plan

I thank you again for allowing the focus of your thread to include community. I know others will identify.

Your experience of caring with the trauma you and your wife have been living thru/growing thru  is quite the journey and your lessons of life and love are indeed something all will benefit from.

much love and blessings

to you and your lovely wifediary_em_hart.gif

selfcare

In response to Sacred Care's post:You win the prize of being the first to open up your heart and being brave. Caregiving is hard and complicated. The physical demands are great but often pale in comparison to the mental and emotional demands of being a caregiver. 

I appreciate all your responses and would like to address frustration and anger in greater detail. “...changing what we can...” 

It’s the middle of a work day and you are coming out of your office. You walk over to your car in the parking lot, put your briefcase in the back seat and before you can open your front seat you hear a loud boom. You look up and see a fire hydrant in the air and a car coming at full speed toward you. In a split second you jump on the hood of the car breaking the windshield and both wrists and having your leg broken in several places coming face down on your head. After three weeks in the hospital and several operations you are pieced together with rods in your leg and casts on your arms. You can’t stand or use your arms. You are in constant pain and that is with big time drugs. 

You finally go home and things get harder. After six weeks at home you have agonized through physical therapy, healed your arms some and can stand for a few minutes. This happened to my son in law. He is frustrated and angry! There will be many more weeks if not months before he can return to work. My wife and I do all we can. We would go over and fix his lunch for the first few weeks before he learned to manage to get get into his wheelchair. Now he is able to get into a car and we take him out to lunch once a week. Any suggestions on how we can do more in helping him dissipate his frustration and anger would be greatly appreciated. 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Wow! That is a lot to deal with!

“...changing what we can...” 

What are any of his own tools he uses (normally) for daily strength?

back later

In response to Sacred Care's post: He is still grieving his loss of control and he has in home physical therapy several times a week. His muscles have atrophied and he hurts. He is very depressed and has little if any coping skills. 

Excellent thread.  Thank you for putting this thread together.

Many people will experience being in the role of a care giver. The role can vary immensely. Care giving covers a lot of area: physically, financially, and the contribution of time. 

Most caregivers do not stop to take a break or to ask them self fundamental questions about taking time to care for them self. When they finally do take a break, their break is consumed and burdened by worrying if their replacement provider is taking adequate care.

I have been in the care giver role, as a single parent. I loved every single minute of my daughter's childhood, and everything beyond. It really was such a joy, and I was elated, could not have asked or wanted more. Very content and blissful. It was care taking, but I did not experience it as a burden. 

Two other times I have found myself in a care taker role, and neither of those occasions was I in this role with clarity, or with limits. 

Every situation is unique. There is a huge learning curve.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

a9cbde769d0e43e6355f15c73ac7e766.jpg

In response to Kathi's post:

you said:

Most caregivers do not stop to take a break or to ask them self fundamental questions about taking time to care for them self... 

&

Every situation is unique. There is a huge learning curve.

• ~So true Kathi!

because I was not looking  at myself as a caregiver... like when I assisted my visually impaired mother, or when my Dad was ill... or the elderly gentleman I assisted.....I was not hearing myself and how I have needed to acknowledge myself with the daily role(s) of life-today..

. Saying it and acknowledging it are  2 different things, isn't it? (: Every situation is unique. There is a huge learning curve.

I had a truly incredible day after being clear for myself (everywhere)

I wasn't writing clearly... though my spirit was fully engaged!

The result was my  beautiful day today. 

re:Poppy's post:I just arrived home from my work day,  and a dinner out(:. I need to put away our goodies and rest up a bit. I will just say one thing  right now- I needed to share and be shared with. I realized so much and experienced such positive results inner-delight and outer lovely experience(:thank you thank you thank you

• ~

In response to Poppy's post

Looking forward to hearing how it things are going with your brother in law.

My Brother in law who is actually my son in law or some darn kid I’ve know for 35 years was the one hit by the car. He is healing nicely but it will be a long process. Probably the better part of a year. He can stand for about two minutes and then rest. He has learned to get around his house very well in his wheelchair. 

In response to Kathi's post: Like most caregivers I am in it for the long haul. I do stop and take breaks almost every day. I know I have to take care of myself to be of benefit to my wife. I don’t have a specific time for myself but I take long breaks from 30-90 minutes and sit in my back yard and take pictures of birds at my feeders. During these sessions, I allow my focus to be concentrated on the feeders and the surrounding trees. Scanning for birds at different points in the yard and feeders, I can forget my concerns and worries. I water my gardens and plants and give my birds fresh water. I also work part time and when I am at work I don’t have time to think about my home situation. 

Good to hear you are taking good breaks.

It was a refreshing to hear how you take your breaks(:

I hear the long haul for your brother in law, though glad he is managing a bit better 

Since ... yesterday... while engaged in my usual daily-things  ... something shifted for me. I was able to feel my roles in life... I never saw them as a burden...I was just not giving them enough thought at all...My heart points my way(:

Though,  I had become more busy than I was willing to admit without ... something.

I would like to share just 1 of many events yesterday...that helps me express 'that something'

My hubby and I went to the dinner and for groceries after work. Both very pleasurable experiences... even though I had worked a full day. 

As we were shopping...{my hubby and I} we separated a bit...and then I found my way to where he was ... and received the gift of watching him love life and interacting with others. 

I overheard him speaking to a young grocery clerk about positivity and at any moment of the day... you can start over. The young man was listening like this concept was fresh and new hanging on with interest and joy. My hubby ended the chat with a laugh... and said something to the effect ...that was some wisdom from growing older. The young man smiled respectfully, and said THANK YOU, sir. And I could tell he meant it. 

I turned  around for just a moment.. and he was engaged in yet a another conversation with a woman that didn't quite get how certain vegetables became organic. He had a box of whatever they were specifically referring to in his hand and spoke of the soil etc... I could tell it was a good chat for both of them. 

These are topics close to my husband's heart... though more than that ... he was engaged in giving, loving and sharing. I got to witness his love for life and passing it on... 

I get opportunities to know my husband's interests ... And for decades have known his gentle sweet soul. Though how different it was to observe this way ... for some reason...now.

It added to my own understanding of the beauty of enjoying life by watching him enjoy his. 

I know he struggles with pain, though I received the gift of him living as he loves to live

This was such a beautiful feeling

4. Ask your own question that you would like for others to discuss on caregiving.

What beautiful things/lessons have you experienced these days {as someone who gives any type of  care to a  loved one}  which has  brought joy to your heart... as though it was a whole new level of joy?

In response to Poppy's thread:

Great question: "How do you deal with the persons' anger and frustration that you are caring for?"

I always acknowledge the person and their frustration.

I acknowledge them and their burden.

I get as much information about their social support as possible, and ask if they would like me to contact any family members.

I give them space and try to emulate compassion and courage.

If the person is interested, I share love, wisdom and affirmations that convey trust, confidence and courage...

I speak about things that I use to comfort me. For me, my faith is very comforting. If this approach does not work for them, I listen to them for direction and I reflect their way of feeling or finding comfort.

I also talk about mortality. I ask them about their feelings. I spend time and allow them to open up when they are ready. I follow their lead. 

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

On your son in law: 

Wow, that is a life changing event. You asked a great and a challenging question.

He is a trauma patient, and he is very lucky that he is not left with permanent paralysis or left being wheel chair bound.

This situation requires the best of the best. I would recommend something that is a long term interest, something like classic literature. Maybe not classic literature, maybe a few comedies. 

Get a routine. One nightly comedy (or any equivalent: maybe get him hooked on a sitcom or a soap opera.) Then, build on that. 

After the nightly routine, you can find meaningful daytime routines, after he is done with his daily PT, morning hygiene and pain medication regiment.

You can start morning meditation.

There is a company that produces these natural scapes, and you can buy the DVD's for home use, and he can drift off to sleep with those on. Google on C.A.R.E. at home. They have some of the world's best photography coupled together with beautiful piano, flute, harp and more. Its so healing, its just excellent. Both the photography and the music, just incredible. Such a gift. Look up Healing Healthcare systems. CARE stands for continuous ambient relaxation environment. Hospitals pay for this service, and its a 24 hour channel. Its high quality.

As he progresses with healing, its very helpful to have healing routines balanced with making plans for the future.

Ask him how he wants to celebrate when this is over. Ask him to start using creative visualization, especially in response to chronic pain. 

He is definitely going to need a good lawyer who can oversee his legal needs.

In response to Kathi's post:  Routine! Of course. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I will look into the sites you mentioned. They sound like things my wife would like. Planning for the future is also something that would be very valuable for any caregiver. I’m going to get on that right away. You have been most helpful for me and this series. Thank You! 

Another idea: Get him hooked on a series by one author.

I have a GEM of a recommendation: The Jack Reacher books, by author Lee Child. I have read every single one of his books, some of them 2 or 3 times, while I cut my teeth waiting for the next book!

I LOVE JACK REACHER!! And, you can pick them up for a buck or two in resale shops.

There are many good series out there, the trick is which one holds his curiosity.

One more thing Poppy,

Back to your question about confronting anger in the person you are caring for:

There is a theory called the 5 stages of grief cycle, written by Kubler-Ross.

It is well worth reviewing. I use it a lot, with cancer patients and with patients with end stage heart failure. 

It can be used with all forms of grief and loss. Divorce, any and all types of bereavement.

The 5 stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

When the anger comes up again, this is your way of being able to understanding where your loved is in this process. 

Many people feel better after you ask them direct questions. Usually, it is the care provider who is more uncomfortable with direct questions, such as "Do you want to talk about your property ( your jewelry, or your china) and where you want it to go?" Let them know that the more information that they communicate, the better you can honor their wishes.

Asking direct questions can also be relieving because it shows that you are actively listening and seeking their direction. It is ok to ask them what's happening. If they are not ready, let them know that thats ok too. Talk about courage, fear, pain. Let them know that whatever it is, you can face it together and they are not alone. And, its ok to talk about our mortality. Yes, it takes courage, but it can also be a huge relief.

In response to Sacred Care's post: What joyous lessons have I experienced these days. That is an easy one. I’ve learned each day, each minute I am with her is a 💝 felt gift. 

In response to Kathi's post: Yea for you Kathi! I had forgotten the 5 stages of grief. I studied them a million years ago. Now I remember one does not necessarily go through them in a lock step manner, but one can experience any one of them at any time or in any combination. If I remember correctly. Of course the ultimate goal is to get to acceptance. I would add a sixth stage that being enjoying life and finding joy again. 

I originally wrote this in May of 2016 during a Happiness Meeting on CreatingSpace for Bliss.  At that time we thought we were completely cancer free. During the intervening three years much has changed. I intend to edit my thoughts in what I call a poem.  It has been very helpful for me to read my own thoughts on bliss along with the response discussion from other participants in the original Happiness Meeting.

When I think of bliss, I think of pure joy, happiness without limits. I believe this is always available to us. It is us who are not ready for it. There are often events in our lives that we interpret and assume are terrible or even life threatening. And the reality is, some things in life are terrible. They are no less than tragic. Our own mortality comes to mind or that of a parent, a child, or partner. But is it really tragic? Or is it our interpretation? Is it fear of the unknown? I suggest we are not always ready to accept bliss because we allow fear to overtake our happiness.

Cancer

A single cell

To small to see

A tiny inner bump

Then a lump

No need to fear

A fatty cell

Pictures are all clear

But we will look all the same

Ultrasound to be sure

Inconclusive 

That we know

Needle biopsy 

Is the way to go

Results three days away

Cancer is the report

Be a good sport

Chemo is to be had

It really not all that bad

Radiation too 

before we’re through

Red Devil in you veins

Hair on the floor

What else can happen? 

Is there more?

Oh yes indeed

We’ll burn the 

Cancer out of thee

And then some pills 

You must take

Side effects? 

—-A piece of cake!

Your joints might

Fall apart

But don’t lose heart

It’s only pain 

That will start.

Live your life 

Without a worry

But you’d better hurry

A single cell

To small to see

A tiny inner bump

Then another lump!

We’ll cut it off

Don’t you see

Having that breast

Just wasn’t to be!

And now you know 

It’ll have to go

Let it chop to the floor

You don’t want it any more!

Tidal waves hit your mind

Knocks you down from behind

Fear and anger drowns your head

Soon you think, you’ll be dead!

Your friends and family

Grieve with you

There is nothing

They can say or do

All hopes and dreams

Are shattered

And just like that

The cancer’s gone

Your cake eating

From a platter. 

I believe we are not only saddened, depressed, paralyzed by the fear of the unknown but also it is the polar opposite of our natural state of happiness provided our basic needs are being met. We cannot view events as catastrophic and allow bliss to be present at the same time. I believe it is our thinking or interpretation of things that cause us to be at one extreme or the other…sadness or happiness. It is interesting to me how quickly or slowly we can change from one extreme to the other. I try to keep a balanced approach to life trying to stay toward the positive end of the spectrum.

Poem edit in progress....it may take some time..

In response to Poppy's post and his quote:

I believe we are not only saddened, depressed, paralyzed by the fear of the unknown but also it is the polar opposite of our natural state of happiness provided our basic needs are being met. We cannot view events as catastrophic and allow bliss to be present at the same time. I believe it is our thinking or interpretation of things that cause us to be at one extreme or the other…sadness or happiness. It is interesting to me how quickly or slowly we can change from one extreme to the other. I try to keep a balanced approach to life trying to stay toward the positive end of the spectrum.

I can only imagine the full spectrum of things you and your beloved wife go thru together and on your own.  And your balanced approach is not only logical, though is to be commended.

On a 'good day' people are still 'discovering balance. When life gives you something your heart feels is unfathomable ... we ease into fathoming... so we can 'foresee' what will do the most good.

I hear your intentions. I hear your commitment. I feel your love. 

What we think we know, and how we will be 'later' is something we get a only a glimpse of

By you being the loving, kind and resourceful human being you are... you are creating the best present available, and helpful pieces ... as you embark on each fresh new moment.

With respect, love and admiration-always!

Wow, your poem definitely took me by my heart. I could imagine that I could "hear and feel" my heart beating, and yours as well.

Nobody is ever ready to hear that they have cancer, and what their treatment regiment includes. 

I can relate to how you looked back at your writing from 2016. In hindsight, you look back at who, what, where you both were, and its astounding...

A multitude of thoughts and memories flood my mind. 

My memories are timeless. Its been over 20 years, but, those memories have never aged. Not one day, have they aged. 

For the record, my mother died of lung cancer with metastatic brain, liver and bone cancer. Everything was "fine", and then she had a sudden incapacitating, intractable headache, where she was too sick to go the the emergency department. It was Thanksgiving of 1995. I had called her physician, and he prescribed a few pain pills. She made a beautiful meal, and all 6 of her adult children and their spouses joined in, but she was not able to join due to the severe headache. She later had a seizure and was found down. EMS was called and transported her to a hospital that quickly found that she had multiple brain tumors, "TNTC", too numerous to count. She was in so much pain, that when she heard the diagnosis, it was just unbelievable to her. It was surreal. Not real. Not her. 

There are parts of my consciousness that I realize that I have not processed. Its just a massive impossibility, and I am not strong enough -- or "in a place" where I can fight myself to confront the battle for her life. Nobody likes to fight in any fight that they cannot win. 

As I look back, I remember going with her and my Dad to several of her doctor appointments, and she gave chemo and radiation a try, but she did it for my Father. She had very advanced metastatic cancer. The doctor was very honest with her regarding the gravity of her condition. She died 3 months and 10 days after being diagnosed. 

I believe that one day, there must be a cure. As terrible as cancer is, I just have to believe that one day, they will find a cure. A total cure, to turn off the cancer. Save millions of lives. 

Poppy's

Must agree as Kathi shared-your poem and thoughts definitely touched my heart and my psyche

as always much love today and everyday!

been by a few times today(:

Poppy's

Kathi's

The consciousness raising of living life led by love, good living, kindness and gratitude can more easily be understood as 'just common sense' when we take in ... more fully the fragility of life.

In response to Kathi's post:Thanks for sharing all you have.Actually Thank you both Poppy and Kathi for all you share so openly and for further inspiring.

Kathi's

Poppy's

You  both articulate your feelings and thoughts so beautifully ...  

Before this thread, I was being respectful not calling a very close friend of mine, who said she'd rather not speak right now... since there is so much going on while her Dad is in hospice, and her Mom passed just a short time before.

Though, I'm believing I wasn't just respecting her... I believe I didn't call because I really didn't know what to say.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter if we've experienced losses... words still can be difficult to share with others going through a 'similar' thing.  I value empathizing ...I feared robbing her of  the uniqueness  only she could share. I had to truly get in the right frame of mind... to allow for differences ... before I could allow for similarities.

This thread has had me reeling ... with not only 'the topic' ... as a topic...  though also brought it home on many levels. With much love, I was able to easily just pick up the phone and call my friend. What a beautiful lengthy call we had for both of us. It was perfect! So grateful for this topic. So grateful for the honesty, caring,sharing and love.

The loss of  our parents truly devastating ...Hearing your recollection...  created a space for hearing/and taking time for  the importance of these significant  details... Thank you for the completeness you were willing to share. And you're right,Kathi, no matter how long ago it was... the events will feel like yesterday... I think I remember more what occurred with each of my folks than the events of this past week...(True!)

big hugs to you both!!!

You have hit on the biggest untouched topics of  the most authentic of conversations...

from feelings around caretaking/caregiving ... living and mortality.

You have made a powerful difference in the everyday life of myself and I'm sure others.

sending hugs and much love!

I’ve been working on extending my poem and I believe I’ve caught us up to date. It has been a roller coaster ride for sure but despite the uncertainty of cancer we still maintain hope a newly FDA approved medicine will be hold the new stomach cancer at bay. We are in consultation with oncologists from MD Anderson  and our local oncologist to get an oral chemo that is genetically effective for her rare form of metastasized breast cancer. We will never give up hope. 

Spoiler alert: Don’t fret. This poem has no ending. At least not yet. 

Cancer

A single cell

To small to see

A tiny inner bump

Then a lump

No need to fear

A fatty cell

Pictures all clear

But we will look all the same

Ultrasound to be sure

Inconclusive 

That we know

Needle biopsy 

Is the way to go

Results three days away

Cancer is the report

Be a good sport

Chemo is to be had

It really not all that bad

Radiation too 

Before we’re through

Red Devil in you veins

Hair on the floor

What else can happen? 

Is there more?

Oh yes indeed

We’ll burn the 

Cancer out of thee

And then some pills 

You must take

Side effects? 

-A piece of cake!

Your joints might

Fall apart

But don’t lose heart

It’s only pain 

That will start.

Live your life 

Without a worry

But you’d better hurry

A single cell

To small to see

A tiny inner bump

Then another lump!

We’ll cut it off

Don’t you see

Having that breast

Just wasn’t to be!

And now you know 

It’ll have to go

Let it chop to the floor

You don’t want it any more!

Tidal waves hit your mind

Knocks you down from behind

Fear and anger drowns your head

Soon you think, you’ll be dead!

Your friends and family

Grieve with you

There is nothing

They can say or do

All hopes and dreams

Are shattered

And just like that

The cancer’s gone

Your cake eating

From a platter. 

And then comes

Tomorrow

You’re not through

Wound vac to close

The hole then Prosthetics 

So no one knows

So on your way

Your looking good today

Numbers rise

Don’t know why

Bone scan says

You’ve metastasized

It’s in my bones

In several places

The big C is off

To the races

We’re doing good 

Not too bad

A big worry and

Very sad! 

Time goes by 

As it does

Another cancer

Gets a hold

This time a kidney

Little spot

No worries

We’ll use a robot 

Get inside

All’s not well

Dr. Comes to me to tell

Kidney got to go! 

Oh the stabbing pain! 

Is her refrain

Six months of agony

Is more than she can take

There must have been 

Some mistake

A PET Scan will see

just what is causing 

Your agony

There’s nothing there

We must look inside

To see what we can’t see. 

A tiny bit of fluid

And a nodule little

As can be

Biopsy both

To be sure 

Dr. Says he’s 

Ninety percent sure

There’s nothing more

Results come in 

Oh great

It’s cancerous 

Little flakes 

All over the place

Low in her stomach

Causing the aches

A new chemo

Must be found

To keep the flakes

From gaining ground

And so we wait 

To see what’s around

It better be quick

Or we will be under ground. 

Time passes as it always does

The pain persists

And grows intense 

Stabbing pain in her side

Lying still is a must

Even then the knife will jab

Sitting up and the bee will sting

The pain intensifies no relief

Uneasy sleep persists

For many weeks

Little rests around the clock

Becoming weaker as we speak

Confusion invades the head

As she lies in the bed

Sitting up requires a hand

Shuffles as she barely walks

Something must be done

We can’t go on

Doctor called we must see 

Is there a remedy

CAT reveals something there

In the liver- oh my

Am I going to die

Biopsy we must do 

Lab says no new cancer

But there is something there 

Ferocious pain remains

Another biopsy with

Multiple stains

Days go by

Weaker and weaker 

She becomes

Trembling legs

Can hardly stand

Fell today

Not in the plan

An old kidney cancer

Showed it’s ugly face

In a strange liver place

Now we must radiate

Ten days of burning

One by one

And then of course

Infusion sessions 

Once again

In response to Kathi's post:When we lose a parent it fills us with a void that never goes away. No matter how supportive our remaining family and friends are, we become orphans. I hope this topic has given you some sense of closure and reassurance you are never alone. So many people have gone through the throws of cancer. It is my hope that by telling our stories others will find the courage to tell their stories as well. Caregiving is a pure form of love! 

no words

just love

and more love your way

Thank you for sharing

your life, your love, your heart.

And to your lovely wife, may she experience a better day today.

and I send this daily to her.

Thanks for your healing and kind words.

Even in their death, I feel close to both of my parents. 

I'm forever grateful to both of them. They both truly gave me all of their best, literally. 

Just want to say that this thread on care giving has touched on some issues that were a source of pain and resentment.

I am now able to release the lesson and most of its impact.

I am such a different person now than I was then.   

I learned some invaluable life lessons from care giving. It's taken many years for the culmination of the fruits of this wisdom. This experience caused me to grow in many ways.

From our discussion so far, it seems apparent we all have caregiving stories. Each is unique but each share complex challenges. The biggest challenge for me has been to stay hopeful and optimistic that her cancer will be contained. Each new scan, each new medicine, each new side effect, each new operation chips away at my confidence that we will grow old together. The reality is the cancer is spreading and attacking her body. The biggest challenge for us is to find joy in every day and live life to its fullest. I believe that is the biggest challenge for us all as we give care to ourselves and others. 

Your love, your courage, your hope and optimism are so strong.

I wish you everything possible, for you, your wife and all of your family.

I wish you joy and comfort today, and everyday.

Sending you both Love, today and always

In loving response to Poppy's post:

The ability to assist, give Light and  joy to others {...hope, help, acknowledgement}

...is a gift.

And may we be continued gifts to ourselves

and those we love

care about/

give care to.

re:  Kathi's post

and ... sentiments/wishes are dittoed from  Kathi's

...as I'm sure others who are following along are

agreeing/sending your way too!

Only the best !

sending heartfelt thoughts to you and your beautiful family!

Each summer we are extremely fortunate to have two of our granddaughters stay with us for a little over a month. They are here with us now. We swim almost every day and lessons are to begin soon for the 5 year old. Later this month they will attend a theater arts workshop to brush up on both singing and dancing. 

We are both happily busy every moment of the day. Thanks everyone for sharing and caring. It means the world! 

Sounds fantastic! They are going to have a wonderful summer!

Rock stars!!

Looking forward to hearing more when you have a second.

ENJOY!!!!great-thread.jpg

(This is from her Tumbler.) Can I say, YES! This was my issue yesterday. I wanted to be at the end while I was simply beginning. That pushed me right into how I have been a failure in so many ways, and that was all I could see after a point. Thank heavens I realize God is taking me on this journey, and he will go with me one page, one idea, one realization at a time. Love this. ~StaceyDaze

992885645a4c1f7a7cccc1e4a2d0c0dd.jpg

In response to trikletrade's post:

Beautifully spoken...

Thanks for that!

In response to trikletrade's post: Super great advice. I’ve tattooed that into my brain. 

I just read through this thread and I neglected 😩 keeping it current.  My intention is to throw my unfinished poem into my brain blender and in the next few days, weeks, or months and bring it up to date. 

I continue to expand my caregiving to myself and her. With the global pandemic still very much alive, how are you taking care of yourself and others?

In response to Poppy's post:looking forward to your blender poem(:

thank you bringing this thread back up!!!!!!

Thank you for updating this thread!

I love your words, "I continue to expand my caregiving to myself and her."

Love that!  Love your use of the word expand!  Very great Poppy! 

I have done well with being on a brief hiatus. I have taken care of myself by fulfilling all of the  continuing educational units, which are required for the renewal of my certification. I have addressed many other areas: my health, my finances, my personal life, all of my relationships that make my personal life a true pleasure and at the same time, planning on rejoining the work forces again. 

I absolutely treasure having this time, while at the same time, navigating so that I do not get exposed to the corona virus. I have made desirable changes in my habits, I have worked on a more vegetarian based diet and I have distanced myself from the news and from politics. Those are three huge things. My desired benefit is experiencing greater freedom and joy by making healthier food choices, and not being polarized, angry or reactive aboutand not feeling inner anxiety about where humanity is and where we are with regards to climate change and recycling. I let go and I let trust God. My faith is literally my greatest comfort.

I continue to welcome and embrace inner peace... I have learned so much and I am continuously amazed with the coveted skill of listening!!  I now recognize that many people, including myself are in various degrees of chronic overwhelm, and this condition basically impairs one's ability to listen and to connect with others in meaningful ways, as much as it impairs them from experiencing being heard - to the degree that they can release issues that they need to release....  Furthermore, this condition can impair ones ability to interact and thus, they are unable to experience the fluidity that each new moment is an opportunity to make new choices and choose a new context and have new experiences. In the same identical context, this impairment - if not recognized, impairs one's ability to truly have inner peace.  It's not possible to have inner peace if you have bitterness in your heart. My daughter is the one who actually enlightened me in a conversation, and what she said is both powerful and true.  It sounds so basic, but mankind is here to grow and - growth is not a given.  People create complex structures of protection that eventually create a very distinct form of disconnection, one that is very resistant to both hope and transformation. It dwells in and is very responsive to fear. In there, lies the issues of heart, the issues of life, and the developing the life skills to transform loss into a work of love, a work of contribution, passion and of creation.

For me, my now and my new choices reside in the area of both heart and spirit, and being in the moment.  I love being my age and I love the feeling that the end of the pandemic seems within reach. 

Truly wonderful to hear how you've addressed and taken progressive steps in the areas that create a beautiful foundation for what matters most to you. This time away from work has truly been a gift!

Bravo, my friend!

Poppy's Question:With the global pandemic still very much alive, how are you taking care of yourself and others?

I love that my focus in my life has understood self-care as a #1 priority,

it helps when I 'cannot' pause or take a break.Self Care as a way of life is a guiding light.

My self-talk helps me reframe things -so I can get the best out of me-until I can more actively take care of me as I know how.

✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧
Caring for my loved one who has had a lot of physical pain

and

the

assisting

many many people in a service capacity at work

has

proven to be very challenging ... yet enlightening.... in regard to reassessing balance. 

The Pandemic has created more of a heightened surreal structure at work...

Add this to helping loved one at home  who needs my care,

and remembering my

own self care is a huge and important endeavor/goal... 

Affirmations:

I love how my path, my pace, and my process have my perfect specifications for all my needs.

00019004_88596.gif

I am so good at caring for myself so that now

caring for others

is a piece of cake.

00019004_88596.gif

I want to say a #1 tool (for me)continues to be my energy work-which includes many

.  things.

Affirmations are beyond  valuable as a tool

...as a self-talk script.
Totally magical, every day .

. Does that mean I haven't experienced any form of burn out because of the tools I have/use?

No! It has meant I have a tool which drives me back to the place which allows for better better outcomes every time.

~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥

thank you Poppy for this thread!ed4f229ba3278d66f3177845266f3d7f.jpg

stress-1200x480.png

55d4207da9ebe552603cd55246a5bb59.jpg

Great discussion going on. There is so much wisdom in various voices and my mind is so full of thought I can’t seem to sort it out. I think my poem is done. I tried to go back but I’ve lost the flow. I agree, taking care of yourself doesn’t mean “ Me First,” it means having enough self care in the bank for an emergency withdrawal. Life is sprinkled with both good and bad. It is best to have a reserve for both.

In response to Allowing Best Outcome Now's post:

You are spot on - to focus on maintaining all levels of your energy and having the ability to be very high level producer who, everyday, can remain centered, balanced, and able to tap into an endless reservoir of truly generous and capable energy.  

I applaud you and your inner spirit!  Your contribution to your community is exemplary! Our world is much, much better because of you and I am honored by your example and your generosity.

I do know that you touch lives in ways that matter and people are touched and they are inspired to feel and do better for themselves and for others... 

You make our world beautiful, kind and a generous place that makes others want to make our world a better place...

Thank you for your stamina and for being a great leader in self care...

AWESOME, POWERFUL, LIFE TRANSFORMING, SELF CARE LEADER AND TRANSFORMER!

Hi Poppy,

I agree that its "best to have a reserve for both," as this is a state of ideal buoyancy.  It can keep you in a steady state so that you don't get brought down in ways that you have to struggle to restore yourself.  It requires to benefit of being continuously aware of yourself and being proactive.

Its very forward thinking, and its healthy adult learning, regardless of whatever age you recognize that self care is the premium, and nothing should come before it.  In the absence of making self care a premium, one really has to pull yourself out of whatever whole swallows you, and save yourself/ restore yourself. 

Learning, growing, and becoming are vital to understanding not just who and what we are but our greater purpose. I believe that humanity is evolving and is responding to the demand for change. I believe that humanity did learn a very costly and very painful - but valuable lesson from the pandemic.  We were wholly unprepared, and in the USA, we never prioritized access to health care as a right, but as a privilege. We have allowed insurance companies to dominate how we create access instead of having a government that functions and mandates access. 

Wow, Kathi!!!THANK YOU!!! Your comments touched my heart!diary_em_hart.gif

You are truly quite awesome yourself!!!!

I love how we prosper from one another. 

I know just on this thread alone, I have received so much from the energy here ... the participation... the positive qualities ... from you guys... from enjoying the GOODNESS from Bmindful Community and the focus of the allowing of our best selves and best outcomes!

I love being here.

loving everyone here!

I am truly grateful and appreciative of every gift each person bestows by their presence and demonstrative love and respect

AFFIRMATIONS:

I naturally have enough me time in each fresh new moment. 

→   Why am I always doing what is right for my life? 

→   Why do the things that matter to me turn out better than I would've ever dreamed?

I Am self respect. I treat myself incredibly well and this vibration energy paves what I need and desire on any given day.

I love getting older because I remain youthful in the best of ways and my life lessons have added beautifully to my journey.

→   Why do I always know in advance today is going to work out so well in the best of ways?

→   I am so completely proficient, at ease &  in the flow in the workplace under all conditions!  →   I will strive to accomplish as much as I can at my work, and enjoy the satisfaction that I put my full efforts into it!

→   My energy aligns more fully with love, and with living vibrantly, as I progress on the path of manifesting/being  light completely, and making visible the light that I AM

and the spirit that I AM, unconditionally loving, benefiting all.

→   While I bring much Good to my work, I AM now allowing work to ALWAYS bring (even) more to me.  →   I can easily and happily do simple behaviors that lead to bigger things, because I understand how these things work now! What's different is that I find good ideas, and I make them shine! I use assets very fully, and I am sometimes quite bold.

→   I Am allowing this moment and enjoying the MAJESTIC flow.

I did a little inventory today to engage in what helps me... It is tied in with this thread, and reinforcing anything I respect about myself... 

00019004_88596.gif

This exercise helps me acknowledge myself (Good stuff) and helps me allow myself to grow in areas which serve me.

I would like to add this  exercise to this discussion... It was going to be a new thread, though thought it would be fitting here, if anyone would like to join in with it(:

Otherwise, maybe something you may like to do on your own(: Or not(:

It helped me(: 

List Some Of Your Best Qualities & Why You Love That! 

• One of my favorite things to say to myself (and if necessary to others, lol)... is I am not perfect, though I am very good.
  • Let's list some of our favorite things we love about ourselves and why... Lets enjoy remembering Good, and its OK, if you are not what you list 100% of the time... Though by inventorying your good... you have an opportunity to REINFORCE WHAT YOU LOVE, AND CREATE EVEN BETTER better better
  • Feel free to boast and love yourself -right out in the open(:Give yourself permission to say whatever serves you now, and as you continue to grow(:much love, Allowing Best Outcome Now
  • 00019004_88596.gif

love all you wrote and love how you wrote it!

Hi Poppy,

I agree that its "best to have a reserve for both," as this is a state of ideal buoyancy.  It can keep you in a steady state so that you don't get brought down in ways that you have to struggle to restore yourself.  It requires to benefit of being continuously aware of yourself and being proactive.

Its very forward thinking, and its healthy adult learning, regardless of whatever age you recognize that self care is the premium, and nothing should come before it.  In the absence of making self care a premium, one really has to pull yourself out of whatever whole swallows you, and save yourself/ restore yourself. 

Learning, growing, and becoming are vital to understanding not just who and what we are but our greater purpose. I believe that humanity is evolving and is responding to the demand for change. I believe that humanity did learn a very costly and very painful - but valuable lesson from the pandemic.  We were wholly unprepared, and in the USA, we never prioritized access to health care as a right, but as a privilege. We have allowed insurance companies to dominate how we create access instead of having a government that functions and mandates access. 

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to Allowing Best Outcome Now's post:

Love this thread!!

Allowing Best: I can feel your authenticity and -- your joy gives me joy!

To all caregivers:  Your life is so enriched...

Today, I am taking in a huge breath in, and relaxing, releasing and looking at things newly.  

I'm listening to Solfeggio music.  I love youtube and the infinite amount of valuable information.

On the self care end of business, yesterday I saw a chiropractor who is certified in IASTM, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization.  I have chronic right shoulder pain from an old injury. It was an amazing experience.

I believe that all body work, chiropractic, massage, working out, swimming, lifting weights, swimming, reiki, cleansing, clearing, smudging, sweat lodge, salt water cleaning, all of it - in combination with daily new affirmations, meditation and using binaural beats on a daily basis is extremely valuable.

I look over this past year to year and a half, and I am able to see and identify progress, on several levels.

~I am so grateful for everything!  Everything is a contribution! I love mySelf so much that I am taking time to learn to relax even more into loving and caring for myself!!

You sound wonderful with your well rounded self care focus!

Hope you are feeling better with the care you received from the chiropractor 

and the tools you have chosen to compliment that focus.

(great affirmation too)

In response to Allowing Best Outcome Now's post: In response to ♡ ˚A Healing Ocean Breeze's post

Thank you!

I love your latest affirmations... Your growth is a contribution to my growth!  I echo your earlier statements, about receiving so much from this thread for caregivers.  

I have found that self care truly is a daily way to start, to end and to infuse in through out every day.  Every small step that I make that addresses my health and vitality is valuable and is life affirming.  

And spending time in nature, listening to the sounds of the earth is both alluring and captivating... The unstill stillness, and the beauty is readily available to connect to.  I currently live near the Rocky Mountains and the higher elevations frequently get sudden snow, and its ruggedness and the ice cold running streams and all of the wild game, deer, Elk, Moose, bears, Eagles and these winter birds are so incredibly resilient... I am surrounded in beauty.  I just need to take it all in, and keep taking care and my health a priority. 

I know that each day, I can make this day valuable.

In response to Kathi's post: I love your post especially about nature. We are all connected with nature. It has curative powers if we allow ourselves to take it in, to accept and respect ourselves as part of it. As a care giver, I depend on my connection with nature to restore my ability to focus on taking care of her and myself. 

In response to Kathi's post: In response to Poppy's post

I agree with you both... regarding the healing effects of nature... It is so powerful, that sometimes ... sometimes even pictures of nature work for me.(:

Poppy. I love what you said:

nature having curative powers if we allow ourselves to take it in, to accept and respect ourselves as part of it. As a care giver, I depend on my connection with nature to restore my ability to focus on taking care of her and myself. 

I am believing that is part of my answer too-nature!! The real thing. It is really hot these days, though will wait until nights are cooler to enjoy outdoors more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkQ19tRrb10sTzlU0Ochp42Hoo8sk2ciFH2uerq26k8QpfBFRZ

Kathi, loving the sound of the environment where you live...especially the mountains... and of course the animals.

The other day on the way to work, I became mesmerized by the ducks crossing the street, and the squirrels on the lawn... Then ... I was simply loving the greenery everywhere... the beautiful diverse trees...especially the beautiful older oak, willow ... palms, and the trees with the hanging moss. I love the lakes ... which lead up the drive close to home... and the beautiful birds... Just mentioning it allows beautiful breathing.

Since, my hubby recently required a bit of care taking ...My need for quiet time has increased... since my plate has been so full at work too...My plan to begin meditating again... is going to start this evening. 

I will say my affirmations have continued to create some wonderful things...

Member recently asked what kind of music do I like... At first, I just didn't know... I just knew what I didn't like. 

So me and youtube... took some time together, and I was loving sifting thru all kinds of music I love... Different kinds for different energies(: I loved it.

I want to reevaluate 'the basics' ...for myself.basis.png?itok=4id8OmjY

That's where I'm at now. This will be good for me, necessary 

& fun(:

In response to Poppy's post: In response to Allowing Best Outcome Now's post

Thank you Poppy and Allowing!  I am right with you.

I love spending time in nature.  I especially love seeing signs of early spring.  We just had another 8 inches of recent snow, and yesterday was moderately warmer. That snow is melting, and animals are busy and getting ready for green grass in the near future.  Montana is gorgeous.  It's easy to want to settle down here and its easy to find locations with incredible natural beauty, with endless starry, sweet country nights.....

I would like to share the value of me-time....

I will do so in affirmations and quotes(:

post in process:

acbddf970bb8944f0e220d15b2b6f617--wisdom-sayings-mindfulness-quotes.jpg

Me time is so necessary to truly give with in encumbered heart.

Health matters for my spouse has turned us both toward greater evaluation

of  our precious lives as individuals and our day to day  life together .

My hubby obviously needed a greater focus from me when he experienced much pain

, and I of course was very glad to be whatever he needed. 

20190329_friday_quote.jpg?1553276143
Now that some aspects of the condition he was going through have gotten better,

it is a given that now

I truly will

focus on a calm assessment of whatever

I

need

to do

more of...

for me

again...

around my work schedule.

By understanding this to the level I have, I feel more focused, peaceful and mindful of my life and being there for my spouse.

Balance is a good thing!6999aef59f529b1bae947eb3789c9485.jpg

In response to ♡ ˚A Healing Ocean Breeze's post:”Balance is a good thing!” Yes it is a good thing. When you are the only or primary care taker, it is so easy to fall into the trap of caring for the person your caring for that you get out of balance in caring for yourself. Here is what I do to try to stay balanced. I chart every day things I like to do and I see how many days/weeks I can meet my goal. As an example, I like to take pictures with my camera. My goal is to take pictures 4 out of seven days per week. I also like doing random acts of kindness and I set a goal for myself of being kind to someone every day. When I start to feel overwhelmed by the level of care I need to provide, I look at my weekly chart and realize I need to do more for myself, or I see that I am really devoting an equal amount of me time as I am to caring for my person. 

How do you try to stay balanced as a primary care giver?  

In response to Poppy's post: I love your chart idea!

I just got home from work... I will think over what I'd like to track for my me-time!

Thank you!

In response to Poppy's post: In response to ♡ ˚A Healing Ocean Breeze's post

Preparing for sleep and gave your chart idea some thought.

I think I will create a chart to allow for what I call my personal basics... which include a method I enjoy for my affirmations among other things.

I didn’t think I would need these things on a list because it was something that was ALWAYS automatic because the results always were very good.Though when my hubby was going thru the worst of things, I couldn’t ease into that practice because there was no set way of being for my husbands needs... they were ongoing, intensely unpredictable and messed with my sleep and meals the way I need. I didn’t notice at first. It did become apparent over time. I was a little shocked, because I don’t ignore myself as a rule.

I would like to add affirmations to my new chart, so somehow under all conditions that this practice and other basics are included.

I also love the beach at night. I want to choose a number of times a month I go to the beach. It isn’t far, and this can be planned for.

I also enjoy how writing helps me, in great ways.

I love what taking care of myself the way I enjoy leads me to.

I love to include awesome colorful fruits in all kinds of salads. Today I had 1 of the best salads ever at lunch. I use to create this type of salad quite awhile back. I will look forward to this happening regularly.

I also love a favorite tea of mine, and love the contemplative good place I allow after sipping my tea. My folks had tea daily and enjoyed it.  I like it as a treat.

Well there’s a start.

Thank you for the inspiration, Poppy!

I was doing my affirmations at 4:OOAM, and then returned to sleep. 
They included how I desire to feel and take care of me. 

When I woke I joyfully brought my hubby a healthy delicious snack for him to start his day better too.

Sending much love & well wishes to you and your lovely family.

In response to Poppy's post: In response to ♡ ˚A Healing Ocean Breeze's post

Sending Love to both of your beloved spouses and families.

I love the idea of charting and being self aware to replenish your happiness banks.

Its not just the charting.  Its the healthiest and the most self evident action of being in the habit of daily happiness.  It sounds so easy but self love is the greatest transformer, and I believe that it is also the greatest multiplier. This type of growth and inner wealth can only be the result of Love's journey.

One of Love's finest qualities is that Love knows no limit. The more we explore, its easy to notice that Love is continuously surrounding us, touching us or literally touching our senses. All of our senses are uniquely powerful.  And, that includes the sensitivity of our intuition, which can be both felt and can be understood.

One affirmation that I love in the morning:

"I choose to fill my self, my mind and my Spirit with Pure Love."  

I choose to start each day with the act of filling up all of my inner banks of Love-Joy-Happiness (loading up and supercharging all of my senses, my mind and my Spirit) with Love, pure Love.  I literally generate the continuous experience of transforming the filling up with Love  to one of "Being pure Love."  

I acclimate to this new normal, and it becomes natural for me to create and to generate pure Love.

I achieve optimal input with optimal output, as a baseline, as a steady, continuous state. Love is the great transformer! And, I see Love the substance that allows us to elevate and be transformed by this continuous inner process of transformation. 

I need to add a huge caveat to the above post:

Taking in all of the above post, and adding that on to the challenge of being a full time care provider.

Every situation is uniquely challenging.  Many times, the care takers need care taking so they can take time to process or to simply decompress.

"Make space for beautiful moments."

In response to Kathi's Spirit Place: Theres so much more!'s post:

So true about decompressing, Kath.

Some recent afformations and affirmations:

WHY AM I FEELING SO SUPPORTED AND PEACEFUL?

WHY AM I ALWAYS KNOWING THE BEST WAY TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF & INSTINCTIVELY DO SO MAGNIFICENTLY?

I ease into this day

→   I have the ability to simplify and eliminate the unnecessary.

→   I am tranquil about the details of everyday life.

I choose to feel incredibly accepting, joyous, grateful, appreciated, appreciative and free

Thank you, Kath… and much love to you too.

I was thinking of your post and the filling oneself with love. For myself, when I allow myself to truly demonstratively care for myself ….with what I really need instinctively… I am then filling myself with more love. At least that is what my affirmation assisted with. 
 I am soon going to begin vacation, and part of me is in disbelief that I will be able to have a nice block of time I don’t have to share with so many others ( caregiving at work) to ‘just’ the care giving of myself and my lil’ family unit.

I am looking forward to this time to remember what time is… the joy and luxury of deciding what to do with it.

If it weren’t for how I engage with myself daily (affirmations and self care)

it would’ve been impossible to  enthusiastically be the joy  of my spirit place for many others..each day and

giving what others need.

Now I choose to prepare myself for space and time with a more demonstrative intention for just me … and of course my lil’ family unit during my upcoming vacation.

I pray that my time and my loving intention will give me what I need/ want exponentially… so when I return to work… the quality of who and what I am has a GREATER plan..for all my spirit is asking.

In response to ♡ ˚A Healing Ocean Breeze's post:

Truly Beautiful, kind and generous!

I can feel your Spirit, passion and your commitment to your community.

Thank you for bringing such an incredible constellation of Light, illumination and for teaching, and touching the hearts and the minds of all whom you serve.

Thank you for all that you've done to make Bmindful exactly what it is, and the value that its members including myself have received. 

Thank you for being who you are!

Thank you for being so positive and enthusiastic! 

I hope that your Spirit and all of your extraordinary banks of  Happiness are completely  supercharged and lovingly and abundantly restored with high quality joy, glorious amounts of health, vibrant foods, fantastic power naps, spectacular sunsets and starry, starry nights on your favorite beach with the glorious company of a band of Angels!

Poppy, thank you for everything that you've done to make our world an awesome place and thank you for all that you do for Bmindful.

In response to Kathi's Spirit Place: Theres so much more!'s post:Thanks Kathi! There are so many wonderful contributors on Bmindful including yourself and our terrific Moderator who have contributed so much more than me. I could easily name 10-15 more participants as major contributors. There are also many new faces that keep Bmindful fresh and relevant. 

In response to Kathi's Spirit Place: Theres so much more!'s post: In response to Poppy's post: I agree with Kathi! Kudos to you Poppy. 
Your contributions on Bmindful are always part of my inner celebration when I look at Bmindful. 
Just 1 of the wonderful things you do on the site.. is to welcome every new member and even some that hadn’t been welcomed when they first arrived no matter when they first visited.

I always look forward to see who are community is now, and who stops by because they received acknowledgment.

While I love the contributions of all members, I thank you too Poppy for the particular type of loving energy you bring. Whether it be on the creation of great threads like this one , or a post that takes the time to care eloquently for himself, the community as a whole or a specific member he has responded to. 
This thread is a very meaningful one to me. I thank you for this again.

I also want to thank you for the many Happiness meetings you have created and the participation on all.

And we cannot forget Poetry and Poetry Corner.

You continue to reach into our hearts in so many ways.

much 💕 

And I agree with Poppy wholeheartedly regarding Kathi’s contributions!
Kathi, I appreciate the great care you take with Happiness Meetings, your involvement on the site over the years for your own personal development and last but not least your desire (like Poppy)… every chance you get to involve interested members of the community, and to spark the interest of  community members and those who pass by not yet members. 
I know ... that is something I always am  appreciating

And I take this moment to thank every individual who has/who will utilize Bmindful in their own special way to give themselves just what they are looking for🌈

Self-love is not opposed to the love of other people.  You
cannot really love yourself and do yourself a favor without
doing other people a favor, and vice versa.

Karl Menninger

Something I am very proud of myself for … involves this thread , this community. 
I am now experiencing beginnings of time off.. ‘ a vacation’ 

It is because of threads like this, that I don’t have to use up

most of my time off to realize I am off(:

I began this day with wonderful self care… good communication with loved ones … spouse, and 2 overdue emails to my older sibling and close friend.This will be a good time off.

It will be whatever I need/desire it to be.

love this Kathi- thank you!

I hope that your Spirit and all of your extraordinary banks of  Happiness are completely  supercharged and lovingly and abundantly restored with high quality joy, glorious amounts of health, vibrant foods, fantastic power naps, spectacular sunsets and starry, starry nights on your favorite beach with the glorious company of a band of Angels!

Indeed!! You deserve every one of those, especially that glorious company of a band of Angels!!!

That one really got my goat!!

I'm celebrating you!!

And your Spirit!!

You are precious! 

I am celebrating us all right now(:

Creating a better feeling thought is the answer.

I can do this now

I have a Greater Plan

I Am very good at this.

I allow very good feelings.

Whatever situation  arises, I ask myself: How can I be good to myself?

Whatever situation  arises, I ask myself: How can I balance what I need and desire with  how I desire to/and will give to others?

I come from a sphere of mind, body, spirit - sphere of abundance.

I come from a inner outer view of a sphere of abundance.

I AM a blessing to myself.

I AM a blessing to others,

We are a blessing to ourselves.

We are a blessing to others.

Today is a GOOD DAY for a GOOD DAY!

Poppy you have been an awesome example, of SEEING the good which is 'in there' , no matter what.

Thank you!

Intentions and Affirmations

Today is a day I will focus on the needs of my lil’ family unit.

Today I am extremely able to enjoy the compassion that will give for the Greatest Good of all.

I can create an inspired plan

I can created a plan fueled by inspired energy.

I can take care of minuscule details that need attention too.

I feel the big picture with clarity.

I am good at this and allow refreshed energy.

I AM allowing the ideal energy for all that is desired/needed.

My master list is Beautiful.

My Completeness is astounding!

My creativity amazes me every time.

Time stops for the flow I AM now PERFECTLY 

engaged in.

I AM ready to be amazing.

I AM Amazing.

I surrender and have become all I need/desire to be.

I choose to prepare myself and my day for Miracles.

Beautiful!

Loved: "I'm ready to be amazing!"

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content