login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★'Barriers to success'

Here’s my thoughts on success.

In the vast majority of cases, we know what it is we need to do to achieve success (whatever our definition of success may be). We just don’t do it. We rise to a level of success until we hit barriers. Many people get stuck on the same barriers their whole life.

Barriers include, but are not limited to, fear of change/success, poor self discipline/time management/prioritisation, poor alignment of goals with personal values, and probably a bunch of other things.

There are cases where we genuinely don’t know how to achieve success in an area, but I believe they are the minority.

So, throwing this out to the floor, do you agree with the above? Are there any other key areas I’ve missed?

And, taking that to the next step, how do you move past those barriers? In my case, most of mine are in the second category (poor self discipline/time management/prioritisation), with a few in the other two.

I have some ideas (which obviously I haven’t successfully implemented otherwise the barriers wouldn’t be there), but want to hear others thoughts before I add my own. Affirmations are wonderful, but I don’t think they are the whole solution.

Affirmations are definitely not the whole solution..Though how you take care of yourself and lovingly communicate with yourself is big.

Great Health, Love, God, Integrity, Honesty With Self, Faith, Hope, Gratitude, Wisdom, Love, Compassion, Enthusiasm, Attitude,Awareness of thoughts and feelings..mindfulness…and the list goes on and on(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have a phone phobia and I know that is a barrier… yet whenever I think about using the phone, or even hear it ringing… I totally freeze… I have thought about doing an affirmation stating… “the phone is my friend” but I thought that might sound to corny…thoughts?

In response to coachhouse’s post:
That is an interesting phobia. If you don’t mind sharing..any ideas of its origin?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I enjoy using the phone in the same way I enjoy the computer to exchange ideas.
As for being corny, you are a wonderful gift and if the phone could be your friend (which it could) go for it. Your affirmations are important to you and the universe. If you repeat them and believe them they will be effective. Sending hugs, confidence and My opinion, Jan

In response to coachhouse’s post:

I think that your phone phobia is the perfect thing to use Meridian Tapping on. It can really alleviate your fear, because EFT (emotional freedom technique) was designed especially to deal with emotional blocks. If you would like some more info on this and maybe a set of affirmations to use while you are tapping contact me. I really think that this could work for you as it has for many people in the past. The key is it works whether you believe it will or not.

Best of Luck to you

Bless you and yours
Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to m00n1’s post:

I think the biggest barrier to one’s success is their Attitude. Zig Ziegler wrote “Your attitude will determine your Altitude in Life!”

Your attitude controls almost every aspect of your life, your successes and failures all are in direct portion to your attitude. When you have a positive attitude towards the energy of money, you get more of it. If you have a negative attitude towards money, such limiting beliefs as you have to work hard for your money or money is hard to come by, I never have enough money to do anything. All these limiting ideas, swirl around in our head and prevent us from reaching a higher status then we have right now.

If you can change your attitude towards achieving success, you can achieve success. If when you go shopping, instead of saying things like I can’t afford that or wow that is really expensive. You think things like I could buy that, but I don’t really need it right now. If in the future I still want it, I know where to find it. Don’t think in the terms of lack, but rather in the terms of abundance and gratitude for all we have. Do this and things start to change, positive attitudes create positive change.

Change the Stinkin’ Thinkin’ Change Your Life. Start seeing money as your friend, see success as your birth right and see a challenge as just another step up to your desire.

God Bless you and yours

Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:

Love this Roxy:
“Change the Stinkin’ Thinkin’ Change Your Life. Start seeing money as your friend, see success as your birth right and see a challenge as just another step up to your desire”.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

really not sure what started the phobia or even when… altho… now that I think about it… my very first job was as a telephone operator and there were certain kinds of calls I wouldn’t tkae cuz I was so afraid I wouldn’t do them right, such as phone booths or third party calls (I am dating myself)…. and I think low self esteem might have something to do with it…. I will check out that web site and see if there is anything…. in the mean time… in our busineess, my husband always answers the phone and feilds my calls…. thanks everyone…

Guess I’ll chime in.

The secrets of success are not secrets at all, they have been known for centuries. The limitations we place on ourselves have been around for centuries too.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

wonderful thread

bookmark

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content