login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Haiti is shaken

I’ve been trying especially hard to be up in spirit and positive in thought lately and now, the news of the huge quake and the resulting devastation in Haiti slaps me in the face and says snap out of it! I have such a heavy heart when I hear of this terrible event.
How do we bmindful-ers conceive this and respond – or not…

this is a very hard thing to answerw but all i can think of is that a lot of people will help others ,its difficult ,love flowergirl

Thanks Jancydat, you gave me a little wake up call there. Honestly, I hate to admit it, but when I saw this on the news it barely affected me. It just sort of slipped by. I believe several countries are sending aid. I apologize in my heart to the people of Haiti and to all of you too. I’m going to say a prayer for them right now.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to jancydat’s post:
Yes it did get to me..It was hard to listen to and watch. Part of what made it more real for me, is the state I live in..is quite the melting pot..and there is a nice size Haitian community in the mix, and I am close to many who have family there, that they are regularly sending money to, trying to make their loved ones lives better. It will be difficult to see them,and find out if and how their family members have been affected.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to jancydat’s post:

You are only human jancydat and have feelings. There are things in this world that still hurt even though we continue on our road for happiness and positivity. I live in California and we had three large Earthquakes in three days luckily no one was hurt that we know of.

We are trying to reach a relative and cannot. One of them woke me up and threw pictures on the floor. Since I was still asleep it woke me up but I didn’t feel the shaking thank God so now everyone is worried about the big one. I really have a great fear of that. What is wonderful about you jancydat and others here is you have genuine feelings of caring for others. That is a wonderous thing. That is why we are here.

Blessings to all,

Mary

CNN and Haiti
I finally got the nerve to call my Haitian friend to see how his family held up. He said there is no communication possible right now. I was stuttering when speaking to him. It is unfathomable. I am sad for everyone there, as I’m sure everyone is..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

To be honest, I couldn’t watch the news.. Just for a few seconds by mistake and then I changed the channel.. Then I kept avoiding it and the people talking about it.. It’s too scary for me.. I know it will affect me big time.. I can’t afford to lose my psychological balance now.. My mother used to hide newspapers away from me or even cut out of the graphic pictures.. Otherwise, I would be crying non stop and be haunted by nightmares.. I used to dream of myself in the war zones that I watched in the news..

Ahhh..Talk about having issues!

I know this is too selfish of me caring too much about my state of mind when others are losing lives, but its not like there is much I can do living in the other half of the globe.. But I believe my Country is sending aids as well so..

I’m really, REALLY so sorry to all peopel affected by this..I can’t think of a positive thing right now other than they’ll grow stronger on a personal level..hopefully..

Sweet Aisha, As Godscreation said earlier: You (and I) are human and we have feelings.
You have learned how you must deal with such events, but it doesn’t mean you don’t care. It is important to love and care for yourself.
Physical and material aid is being sent in from all over the globe. Those who pray are praying and I do believe that’s a powerful force.
I always say “there’s a reason for everything” and sometimes I just have to raise my eyebrows.
Yes, Godscreation, I did hear of the several quakes in your area and I do hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Love to all, Jan

In response to Aisha’s post:

It is also true what jancydat says it doesn’t mean you don’t care. When I was growing up it was terrifying for me to hear thunder. You do have great feelings for people or it wouldn’t scare you or make you cry. You understand human suffering. That is the beauty of some people who can feel anothers pain.

Blessings,
Mary

Okay, just a little food for thought. I’m just putting this together from a couple of searches I did on the net.

ONE of Haiti’s biggest problems in clean water to drink.

Haiti currently has an estimated population of ten million people.

In a hot climate a human needs about a gallon of clean water to drink a day.

A Sea Water Filtration System that can filter 25,000 gallons of water a day can be purchased for $136,000 dollars.

10,000,000 people divided by 25,000 gallons of water a day comes to about 400 filtration units.

400 filtration units times 136,000 dollars is 5,440,000. (Someone please double check my math.)

Check out just a few examples of how our government wastes money.
CAGW

I looked around a couple of minutes to try and find some figures on govt spending. Here’s just one page I found, I found lots of varying estimates, but let’s just grab one page and go with the numbers, okay?
Government Spending – Faster Than The Speed Of Light

Okay, our government could pay for this (or borrow I guess I should say) in about one minute. Let me say that again, our government spends about this much in ONE MINUTE! Do you think the American people would think this would be a justifiable expenditure? I know they would, but the crooks in Washington would rather pay lip service to helping people rather than ACTUALLY helping people.

Copenhagen Vacations

Anyone in congress ever heard of teleconferencing? We MUST vote these crooks out!!!

Let’s look at Bill Gates for a second. I found one estimate that said that Bill Gates earns about $20,000,000 dollars a day. (I didn’t verify this.)

Cost to the American taxpayers for Obama’s little trip to Denmark – $10 million

Again, has anyone in the government ever considered something called teleconferencing?

Okay, now I didn’t research these numbers, so I can’t attest to all of it, but I think you get my point.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

From a White House email:

“This morning the President gave another update on relief efforts in Haiti, promising the people of Haiti that “you will not be forsaken; you will not be forgotten.” Again, while the US Government is doing all it can, you can also help immediately by donating to the international fund of the Red Cross to assist the relief effort”.

Donate $10 to the Red Cross to be charged to your cell phone bill by texting “HAITI” to “90999.”

but you can look here

transcript of the Pres.‘s efforts

——————
I don’t know any more about this..but rec’d this today..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Legitimate charities for Haiti

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It’s unfathomable, that many people dead and dying. I pray for the Haitians and relief workers. We remember at times like this to count our blessings and live a nice day.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:
I know what you mean..
I had to stop listening to the reports. It is too much to fathom like you say…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Aquasafe Straw

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content