login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Jeff's Music Recommendations

David Wilcox East Asheville Hardware

This album will absolutely blow you away! Give it a listen, it’ll stir you deep down, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will touch your heart and make your hair stand on end. The whole thing is absolutely fantastic. Be sure to listen to Blew Em Away, Johnny’s Camaro, East Asheville Hardware, Top of My Head, Mango Story, Carpenter Story & Fearless Love, You Should See The Way It Feels, Cold, Roadside Art, Boob Job, and After Your Orgasm – actually, do yourself a favor and just listen to the whole thing. Back when I used to play with Ranger Bob & His Big Dog Dick (Yeah, that was the name of my band!) we used to cover several of these fantastic pieces and I know you will love them.

Johnny’s Camaro
East Asheville Hardware
Blew em Away

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Will save for 2015 posts
In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

Creedence Cleasrwater Revival
Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
Keep On Chooglin
Down On The Corner
Fortunate Son
Molina
Sweet Hitchhiker
Bad Moon Rising
John Fogarty of the ol Creedence Clearwater Revival singing Green River

John Fogarty and Bruce Fortunate Son

John Fogarty and Bruce singing Pretty Woman

John Fogarty and Bruce singing Proud Mary

• _____________________________________________

(1968) Traffic
Traffic was an English rock band whose members came from the West Midlands.1 The group formed in April 1967 by Steve Winwood , Jim Capaldi , Chris Wood and Dave Mason. [2] They began as a psychedelic rock group whose early singles were influenced by The Beatles, and diversified their sound through the use of instruments such as keyboards like the Mellotron and harpsichord, sitar, and various reed instruments, and by incorporating jazz and improvisational techniques in their music.2 Their first three singles were “Paper Sun”, “Hole in My Shoe”, and “Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush”.1

After disbanding in 1969, during which time Winwood joined Blind Faith, Traffic reunited in 1970 to release the critically acclaimed album John Barleycorn Must Die. The band’s line-up varied from this point until they disbanded again in 1975. A partial reunion, with Winwood and Capaldi, took place in 1994.2

In 2004, Traffic was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
wikipedia

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

song – Keep On Keeping On by Curtis Mayfield

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So In Love Curtis Mayfield
Baby It’s You Curtis Mayfield
Give Me Your Love Curtis Mayfield

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here’s a little bit of magic for you!
An Evening With John Denver

This album will stir you deep down. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. If you’ve never listened to it, do yourself a favor, LISTEN TO IT! John Denver was famous for a reason, listen to this and you’ll understand why!

I couldn’t find any youtube videos from this album. I wonder if I would get in trouble if I uploaded one or two.

Well, you guys must be special. I made a video and uploaded it to youtube. It is John Denver’s Matthew and it is not on public view – cause I don’t own the song – but, I figure John wouldn’t mind if I shared it with you guys. Hope you like it, it took me a couple of hours to make it. (I know, it’s not perfect, but it’ll pass.) The only way to see this video is with this link.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another great album for you guys is Van Morrison’s Moondance

Put this on sometime when you’re puttering around the house. A true classic you owe it to yourself to listen to. It is awesome.

Into the Mystic

Of course, his albums Astral Weeks is great too, as it Veedon Fleece.

Streets of Arklow
Madam George

lots more on youtube… get busy…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

i love Annies Song ,and his voice is so gentle

Here’s another one of those that you’ve probably never heard of. You may remember a song called “Mary’s Prayer” by this group. Well this album is something special. Great lyrics, great melodies, fantastic production, a very creative use of various instruments, and great style all come together on this little gem. It’s addictive.
Meet Danny Wilson

A Girl I Used to Know
Steam Trains to the Milky Way
Davy

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s another one that will stretch you a bit, but it’s well worth it. This album might take you aback a little at first, but it will grow on you like an out of control fungus if you’re not careful. It is, dare I say it, yes, yes I will – it is unique. There, I’ve gone an used a way over used word. Give this one a chance, and I think you might surprise yourself.
They Might Be Giants

Lucky Ball and Chain
Birdhouse In Your Soul

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Pat Metheny is a Jazz guitarist with enough mainstream elements to make him accessible to pretty much any normal person. As a matter of fact his music will carry you away if you give it half a chance. His music covers a lot of different flavors, so explore a little before making a purchase. Here is one of my favorite Metheny Albums.
Still Life

Minuano 6 8
Last Train Home

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another artist that I’m sure many of you will enjoy is Joe Jackson. Joe has several wonderful albums: Look Sharp and Body & Soul are two of my faves. I’m not gonna’ go overboard with all I could say about this great album, just give it a listen. I’m sure it will appeal to some of you guys.
Look Sharp!

Fools In Love
Happy Loving Couples

Body & Soul has a completely different flavor than Look Sharp, but you will enjoy it too.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

MCM I found this video by accident and because I have always loved Martin Luther Kings great speech the man who created this video did such a creative job. I immediately thought of you and voila! Here is a musical thread by you! There are no coincedences!!!

Martin Luther Sings

Thanks GC! I enjoyed that a LOT!

Here’s a smokin’ little album for you. Sade has several excellent, romantic, jazzy albums I’m sure you guys could get into. Dang, sometimes I really miss having a girlfriend. This album would be great on a rainy or snowy night with a fireplace a bottle of wine or three and someone special.
Diamond Life

Smooth Operator
Your Love is King

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I love a wide variety of music, but if I were to gravitate toward one type of music more than any other it would be stuff kinda’ like the Gin Blossoms. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE all kinds of music, I’m just sayin’…
Here is one my all time favorite albums. I’d describe it as melodic white-boy rock. We used to cover a couple of songs from this album; Allison Road and Found Out About You. Yeah, I sang ‘em. Yes, really. Yeah, in front of people. Yeah, with a mic. No, they didn’t run away screaming in agony.
New Miserable Experience

And yeah, I’d like to do it again someday.

Hey, Jealousy
Until I Fall Away

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m going to list two albums by Steely Dan because they are both outstanding and I can’t decide which one is better. You be the judge.
Aja

Aja
Josie

Gaucho

Third World Man
Time Out of Mind

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

This one is by a one of my favorite guitarists, Eric Johnson. Some of you may have heard “The Cliffs of Dover”, but the whole album is great.
Ah Via Musicom

Cliffs of Dover
Trademark

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Acoustic Alchemy is another band (duo really) that is easy to fall in love with. We used to cover a couple of their songs – On the Case, from this album. I actually got to meet them once in Fort Worth at the Caravan of Dreams. I had their autographs, but I lost them in the fire. Sadly, one of them died a few years back, but their music is still powerful.

Blue Chip

Catalina Kiss

Back On The Case

Jamaica Heartbeat
Playing for Time

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s another album by an excellent songwriter. There are a lot of good ones, but be sure to check out “This Shirt” and “It Don’t Bring You”. This album has a decidedly folksy/country flavor and lots of emotion that will speak to you on a personal level.
State of the Heart

This Shirt
It Don’t Bring You

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

2015 post from Appreciating(:
I have not listened to all of your selections..Though I’m sure they’re great!

• ~

I will post in this area…in celebration of another wonderful music thread(:

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Laurie! I love doing this.

Let me think of a good word for this album. How about FABULOUS!!! This album will reach inside you and stir you up in all kinda ways. Enjoy, my friends, enjoy!

Rickie Lee Jones

What did you guys think of THAT one. Wow. Hard to pick a favorite, huh? Did ya listen to “Last Chance Texaco”? Or “Company”? or …

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Melody Gardot will blow your sox off too! Groovy, Baby, Groovy!
My One And Only Thrill

Who Will Comfort Me
My One and Only Thrill

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

God Shuffled His Feet

I don’t know if people realize how much a producer has to do with the final product of a cd. A great producer can make a terrible band sound awesome and a terrible producer can make a great band sound awful. When a songwriter or a band goes into the studio they usually have the guts of a song written, but many of the parts are fleshed out and come together right there in the studio. So when you read the credits on an album and it says “written by” such and such, well that guy or those guys wrote the guts of the song, but the final product can often be very different than what the writer had in mind when he walked in. Stuff like solo’s, for instance, are often created on the fly.

(Sorry for the low audio levels on these clips)
God Shuffled His Feet
Afternoons and Coffeespoons

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Broadsword And The Beast

Here’s an album I bought thirty some odd years ago because the cover fascinated me so much. Ian Anderson has a unique voice and the flute adds a lot of character to his music. I decided to add this one because the album itself seems to have a life of its own. Kind of a living, breathing creature waiting patiently on the shelf for you to get it down and play it from time to time. Jethro Tull has tons of albums, but I really like this one. The version on Lala has more songs than the original album did (to it’s detriment as far as I’m concerned), but I think you will enjoy most of the songs if you give it a chance. There is a strong drive to most of the songs and there is something about the bass lines that really grab me, not just the notes and rhythm, but the timbre of the notes as well. When you first listen to it you may think ““This is kind of “Nerdy”“ and you may be right. I’m kinda geeky in a proud way, so that may be why I like it so much. Anyway, I was listening to it in bed with my headphones on and decided to get up and write a little about it. Guess I was feeling chatty. When I hear these songs I can go to a fantasy world in my mind. I picture knights, and pirates and swords, and ships, and dragons and a world full of fantastic creatures like the little sinister looking dude on the album art. I would love to make some animated videos for these songs. It would be a real project to make what I envision so I guess I’ll just stick with viewing them in my imagination.

The Clasp
Fallen on Hard Times
Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow (Notice how the meter turns around on this song.)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Time Out

Take Five
Kathy’s Waltz

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Getz Gilberto

The Girl from Ipanima
Corcovado Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The Rite of Spring

Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring is one of my all time favorite pieces of music. Scads of stuff has been written about this important piece so I’m not going to put my two cents in. What I will say is that there are lots of versions of this piece. This is a very good one. Most people don’t think about “versions” of great classical works, but unlike the Mona Lisa – there are lots of interpretations of stuff like “Beethoven’s Fifth” and “The Rite of Spring”. If you want to get a recording of something like this look around for some reviews so you can get something worth treasuring. And on that note I’ll scat, Baby!

Commentary on The Rite of Spring

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Carmina Burana

I’m putting the Andre Previn album cover, but that recording wasn’t available on Lala. There was a version available on lala which I’ve included this link for, but I don’t know how good it is.

About Carmina Burana

O Fortuna

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hi how are you doing? Hope u r enjoying what’s left of the weekend. I will be checking out the songs you posted some are familiar. Well Thanks for the music selection. Have a great week. How’s your uncle feeling these days? Take care & God bless! : )

I’m overdue for updating this list so…

Here is one I’m sure most of you would really like.
Ben Folds Songs for Silverman

Time
Bastard
Give Judy My Notice

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Of course, I know you have heard of Elton John, but have your ever really listened to his early albums. They were really special. I am going to link to Madman Across the Water , but really you should also check out his album simply called “Elton John”, as well as “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, “Tumbleweed Connection”, “Honky Chateau”, “Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy”, and “Don’t Shoot Me I’m Only the Piano Player”.

Madman Across the Water

Here are a few from the 1970 album ‘Elton John’
Sixty Years On
Border Song
Grey Seal

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I like Toad the Wet Sprocket so much it is hard to decide which one to list here. I’ve decided to go with Coil

Whatever I Fear

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Trout Fishing in America has a lot of kid friendly albums and here is one I know adults will enjoy also. This is really uplifting, friendly music. Check out Closer to the Truth

I couldn’t find any songs on youtube from this album, but here is a good song called My Name is Chicken Joe

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

John Mayer’s Room for Squares is just a great album and I am not someone who applies the word great to many albums.

Why Georgia
3×5

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Counting Crows is another one of my favorite bands and I am linking to Hard Candy , but just as easily could have listed any of their other albums. Check ‘em out sometime.

Big Yellow Taxi
Hard Candy

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I like rockin’ sometimes too and these guitar tones bite the way I like.
3 Doors Down

Citizen Soldier
Let Me Be Myself

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And as long as I’m talkin’ guitars that know how to grab you by the guts I might as well recommend one of my all time faves, of course, I’m talking about AD DC

Back in Black

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m gonna change gears here, please don’t break your neck. This music has a quality about it that is hard to describe. It’s nice, sure, but it’s more than that. It comes alive around you. Here is Chuck Mangione’s Greatest Hits

Children of Sanchez – Part 1 with vocal
Feels So Good

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Laugh if you must, I care not. This disco album is a real gem. Do you prefer diamonds, emeralds or rubies?
Meco’s Wizard of Oz

If you ever see this at a garage sale or thrift shop get it.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

like your new picture cookieman,love flowergirl

Why, thanke, miss!

Here is a really nice album from the 80;s fir u guys.

Gold

gold
always believe in your soul
you’ve got the power to know
you’re indestructible
always believe in, because you are
gold

True

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

you are ageing very well cookieman ,love flowergirl

And,,,

On the Loose
Wind Him Up

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Ship to Shore
Don’t Pay the Ferryman

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Telegraph Road
Makes me want to drive in the desert at night. This album is special.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

This album is remarkable. I will touch your spirit. It’s like a great old movie, a wonderful book, a light rain – you know the kind I mean…
Lee Ritenour & Dave Grusin Amparo

Since First I Saw Your Face (featuring James Taylor)
A live version of one of the tunes on the album it is called Olha Maria.

Lots of different flavors are on this cd. Couldn’t find much on youtube from the album though.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

If you ever see this gem in a bargain bin consider picking it up. If you enjoy classical music this one will leave you with a sense of satisfaction. It is a fine meal, sir, a fine meal!
Isaac Stern 60th Anniversary Celebration

Itzhak Perlman and Isaac Stern play Bach Double Concerto
Itzhak Perlman and Isaac Stern play Bach Double Concerto

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I don’t have this album, but it is a special treat for you. I believe if you listen to this you will smile.
The Typewriter by Leroy Anderson

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is one worth checking out. I wish I could have found more of his stuff on youtube to share. Thomas Lang’s Scallywag Jaz is a remarkably good album. Listen with headphones to be transported. Actually, use headphones with any of the stuff listed.
The Happy Man
Fingers and Thumbs

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is another one of those really great albums you never heard of – Ivan Neville’s If My Ancestors Could See Me Now

A track that was used for the movie Skin Deep: Falling Out of Love
and Another Day’s Gone By
Sorry I couldn’t find more tracks on youtube.
Oh, GOOD, I found another one. Not Just Another Girl

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jackson Browne’s For Everyman may infect your soul.
These Days

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Been a while since I added any albums. Here’s an update.

You can’t always judge a book (album) by the cover. Trust me on this one.

David Bowie’s Hunky Dory is worth a listen, as is several of his other albums. Just do a search for “list David Bowie’s best albums” and you’ll find some great ones to try on. You are sure to like several of them.

Here are a few tracks I found and grabbed, but there are more on youtube.
Life on Mars
Queen Bitch
Kooks

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s a little masterpiece for you. I had this on cassette and simply wore the sucker out twenty something years ago! Especially the first tune, The Kiss, what a great tune.
The Cure – Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.

The Kiss (Love It!)
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
(And I OUGHT to be in BED instead of posting music,…)
BWAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAAAAAA!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I only recently found out about this band, but me likey. Maybe you will too.

Rooney – They have several albums. (Are they on the radio? I don’t listen to much of the stuff “mass radio” shoves down our throats these days. They seem to have some pretty well financed videos, maybe you already know of them and I’m just behind the curve, lol!)

Blueside
When Did Your Heart Go Missing

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You probably never heard of this guy. There are those who call him, Tim,… er’ I mean… Sting. Maybe his best album. I’m also partial to The Soul Cages.

Seven Days
LOVE THAT SONG! I once won a cd from a musician on a cruise ship ‘cause of that song. I’ll have to tell ya’ about that sometime.
Love Is Stronger Than Justice
St Augustine in Hell
Shape of My Heart
(GREAT SONG! Great movie too, The Professional.)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Randy Newman’s Sail Away

Sail Away
Dayton, Ohion 1903

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I like this chick too. Every heard of Sara Bareilles?

King of Anything is just one song I found on youtube.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And if you liked Sara Bareilles I’d be willing to bet that you would like Jann Arden.

Good Mother
I Would Die For You
Could I Be Your Girl

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I wanted to stop taking up so much space on the “Sing your heart out” thread so I’m just bumping this one to the top. Feel free to post here – I’m just such a rabid music poster I don’t want to hog that thread.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

MANY GOOD SONGS,ON THIS THREAD I’M SURE NEW SONGS THAT I CAN ADD TO MY
PERSONAL HALL OF FAME.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Samba Pa Ti live
Samba Pa Ti from album

more Santana coming soon…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Tapestry Carole King Full Album

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

1975 Hammersmith concert
Springsteen’s 1st visit to England…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Heart-Full album
Dog & Butterfly is the fourth studio album by American rock band Heart. It was released on October 7, 1978 through Portrait Records.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Just Amazingly Wonderful! :)

WATER OF LOVE
Whoever posted this tune,was probably feeling the blues,and his birth
sign was probably Aquarius.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

George Benson Breezin’ (Full Album) (Vinyl)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Give Peace A Chance

Stand By Me

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Earth Wind & Fire
Mighty Mighty

Full Album
00:00 Shining Star
02:50 That’s the Way of the World
08:36 Happy Feelin’
12:13 All About Love
18:47 Yearnin’, Learnin’
22:28 Reasons
27:27 Africano
32:36 See the Light

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

SRWE left this playlist on another thread which was recently deleted.
So thought we’d enjoy some more music(:

Imagine
From A Distance
Lives in the Balance
The Tide is Turning
Russians
Get Up, Stand Up
If Everyone Cared
Big Yellow Taxi
and
Big Yellow Taxi
Abraham, Martin and John
Dogs of War
The Fiddle and the Drum
For America
How Long
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Teach Your Children
Rich Man’s War
Waiting for the World to Change
I Wish You Peace
Prayer to St Peter

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content