login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★Revisiting Guiltless Rituals

Dear BMindful community,

I have been an intermittent member of this wonderful community for a few years now. I must confess that I felt a lot of guilt whenever I realized I haven't checked this website as often (or in some months, at all), as I would like. In the last few years, I have been working on a variety of areas in my life which needed attention given that I was a bit overwhelmed with bar exams and work. I let my mind and body tell me exactly what I was capable of taking on and I think I'm finally getting into a good rhythm! 

I've found, for me, that daily rituals have been an amazing way of calming my mind and spirit. A way to take stock of my day and pay attention to what I'm doing in the moment. The trick for me is to do so in a way where I don't feel guilty for not getting around to something because, after all, we are all human. 

I would like to (again) get back on track and do so this time around by including this as part of my daily rituals. Let's see how that goes! 

Part of my hesitation with starting a thread was the fact that I knew I would feel a lot of extra guilt for not checking enough or responding to comments within an acceptable amount of time. Right now, I'm trying to be "brave" in allowing myself to trust that the community will be understanding of my work in progress!

I recently read a book called "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It was recommended to me by someone who did mention that while the book is based on certain religious tenets, the overall message was applicable to all. After reading, I think it contains some very simple but helpful general guidelines that can be easy to remember and easy to incorporate into mindfulness. Not that I don't want anyone to buy the book but as a summary:

1. Be impeccable with your word.
  2. Don't take anything personally.
  3. Don't make assumptions.
  4. Always do your best.

I tend to agree that if I stick with those guidelines, I can, at the very least, feel good at the end of every day knowing I did what I could to make the most of the day (acknowledging that my best on certain days may not be the same as other days!). 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and start to their week!

In response to seedubyu's post:  

Image result for thanks for sharing so glad you're here pic

First, may I say seedubyu... overjoyed that you are part of our community (how ever & how often you participate... so glad you're here!!!)  Loved hearing  you've  been getting into that good rhythm with what is valuable for you. Sounds like you have some awesome aspirations. Best to you with all. That flow, that harmony....allowing it... getting there.. it so allows us the freedom to be, do, have what is most valuable to us... and adds to the  trust we have in  ourselves & in  circumstances with others. Just my thought off the top ... and  has been something I too highly ascribe to.

I've never read (completely)  "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz... though what I've seen seems powerful. Reading the list you provided 

1. Be impeccable with your word.
  2. Don't take anything personally.
  3. Don't make assumptions.
  4. Always do your best.

was a great focus for my Monday morning(: Thank you for inspiring me toward the  possibilities of reading or viewing the material some more. Also would like to explore the idea of guilt/guiltless you raised. off to work... will love to return(:

/ Thank you for your presence... And thank you for being YOU & jumping in and creating such an enjoyable thread!

and I agree -everyone have a Great Monday!

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

laughing I'm so happy that the list was able to bring you some inspiration and focus your positive energy for the start of the week! I really appreciate the encouragement you've given me! My post was entirely inspired by your support - it gave me the courage to put my thoughts out there despite the potential fears (which honestly are just my own internal doubts manifesting) I had about not being able to dedicate enough to engage with everyone. I am so glad that I posted! 

Thank U!!

I'm so glad you took the opportunity to share.  I am intrigued with the book you mentioned  "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. I am a confessed "bookaholic" so I will be checking it out :)

@Nancee1953 - that's amazing! I'm so glad that you will look into this book! I really hope it brings value to you in some way! I love reading as well! Perhaps I'll start a thread (if there isn't one already) for literature and other bibliophiles can share books that have been inspiring, comforting, and/or profoundly moving in some way...really any books at all!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content