login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

- -★★Happiness mtg:Relationships, Our Soul Purpose

Happiness meeting 1/31/2017

Your Official Invitation

~
Relationships, Our Soul Purpose

I am going to start this introduction off with 2 separate quotes, both from Marianne Williamson.

“In the Holy relationship, its understood that we all have unhealed places, and that healing is the purpose of our being with another person. We don’t hide our weakness, but rather we understand that the relationship is a context for healing through mutual forgiveness.”

“Relationships are assignments. They are part of the vast plan for our enlightenment, the Hold Spirit’s blue print by which each individual soul is led to greater awareness and expanded love. Relationships are the Holy Spirit’s laboratories in which he brings together people who have the maximal opportunity for mutual growth. He appraises who can learn the most from whom at any given time, and then assigns them together. Like a giant computer, he knows exactly what combination of energies, in exactly what context, would do the most to further God’s plan for salvation. No meetings are accidental.”

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I chose the topic of relationships because I believe that we are meant to be exactly where we are, at this time, and in this role. We are meant for this very moment, and for these conditions, with the people with whom we valued relationships, and even for rare and unexpected, unforeseeable encounters.

I hope to be open to my higher purpose in this meeting, and I hope that for those who respond, that they also desire value and contribution, and are also open to their higher purpose.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Please feel free to add any of your favorite quotes about relationships and our soul purpose. If the quote you are using speaks to you, I hope that you can use it to nurture your self, and to see the power of contribution that we are for one another.

You never know, how just being your most authentic self, could make a powerful contribution to someone else, even if they never communicate that to you. You may never know that your courage provided them access to finding their courage. Or, your courage to seek and dare to be honest about your vulnerability allowed them to become undefended and more open, more honest, more trusting, more confident, more courageous.

We do exert influence, and for those who are not influenceable, its unfortunate for them, that others cannot make a contribution to them, and they cannot be given to. Timing really is everything though. When it is time, we grow, we listen, we surrender, and very much want to connect with greater purpose and we want to make the very most of all that we have been given, in our nature.

Questions and thoughts for review and reflection:

As you look over your significant relationships, what do you see? Is there a pattern?

What did you learn? What did you loose? What did you give up one?

What did you say to yourself? And, did it change you?

Did you get anything out of it? Did you learn how to take better care of yourself?

Did you learn to forgive yourself, or did you learn to give forgiveness to another?

Did you learn to be a better partner? Did you learn to take it easier, and be more discerning?

As you look back, does it all fit and make (perfect) sense? Do you see how it contributed to who you are right now?

How are you doing now? What do you need or want right now?

Is there something or someone you need to release?

The only way to release someone or something is through love.

This meeting is open now. Hope to see everyone jump in!

wonderful topic Kathi!! And wonderful inspiration here!!

• ~

I will save this area for quotes:

“Take every opportunity to remind someone,

‘I love you’

Today.

For whether in thought, intention, disposition, prayer, word, action or deed, no act so nobly imitates the Divine Reality — bestowing upon the human spirit the dignity, hope, courage and strength we all need to realize our full potential in the journey of life — as a sincere, authentic, heartfelt expression of love.”
― Mac MacKenzie

• ~

Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other. Dalai Lama

The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe. Deepak Chopra

I love both of these quotes & they speak to me a great deal.
comment to be continued…

I Am living a Divine plan

will be thinking about your questions(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1st reflection question: As you look over your significant relationships, what do you see?

First I’d like to define significant relationships.

Of course I think of closest family and friends (that ‘would qualify)… Though what comes to mind first is my spouse. This month on Valentines day we’ll be celebrating our 40th Valentines day together. (anniversary of our first date of declaring we were more than friends)

I often want to shout it from a higher place… (though when I think of this relationship it is my higher place, and I can hear my joy, which is generally good enough for me. Though since you asked about significant 40 yrs… is my significant.

We grew up together…not from childhood, though from earliest years during my earliest (more serious) relationships. So growing up is a fact… I am so grateful we saw being together as something to grow through… and not just time to go thru.

Looking back at relationships before that was an incredibly long time ago. Though I do remember(: I was independent, fearless, quite young, enjoyed-joy … and did I say I was quite young? lol

Anyway looking back to others, I remember other male friends who simply enjoyed joy… and saw life as something to check out… and experience. And I appreciate all of my experiences in life…. Because all becomes part of me/ part of my spirit too. ….Though along came someone who saw life as More… and saw me as More … and our exchanges were that way too.

And as I look at relationships /patterns …I see it was always important to me … to enjoy … and to be respected for I was and desiring to be.

I remember the family and friends that were capable of doing that.

And those that weren’t I grew away from the desire/need to have them in my world. Though love and compassion continues to rule no matter what my life lessons were with each.

Is there a pattern? thoughts in process…

Did you get anything out of it?

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you learn?

to be continued…

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you lose? What did you give up on?

As you look over your significant relationships, what do you see? Is there a pattern?

When I look over significant relationships in my life I feel so humbled and truly fortunate. I am Blessed to have the respect of others to the point that arguments rarely arise because we can and do “respectfully disagree”. I do not super impose my point of view onto them or them unto me. These relationships are rewarding for they are nurturing. They are filled with respect, love, acceptance and laughter.

I have learned just like a gardener prepares the soil, cultivates it and plants what he desires to grow, so the same must be done with us.
Reminds me of a nursery rhyme. “Mary, Mary, quite contrary, How does your garden grow? With silver bells, and cockle shells, And pretty maids all in a row.”

In response to Nancee1953’s post:
That’s beautiful Nancee! I especially enjoyed reading how humbled you felt with regard to your precious relationships.

I believe if I look at the relationships that were the most meaningful to me, I would include feeling humbled also… Wow… I’m aware that valuing relationships requires thought …and much love… Though doesn’t feel like ‘work’ even though I know each day and each circumstance is brand new with them. I love how we accept one another and it makes being ourselves that much more enjoyable(:

Thanks Nancee, i just appreciate that when we soften, others soften, and when we give kindness and compassion and generosity, others see it and respond in kind.

As I look over significant relationships, what do I see?

What I believe I see, are mixed results.

But also, what I experience most recently is healing and also seeing purpose. I have somehow seen that things do have a shape and meaning beyond my faulty perceptions.

And, yes, it has brought me to this place of being un-defended, being open, and being receptive and giving. I do see the contribution that my significant relationships brought me. And, it took a long time but I now see that it brought out the very best in me… and that is huge!

At this time in my life, I am just touched and my heart has pure gratitude and even bliss to see this for what it is.

As far as my seeing mixed results, I am still learning to walk quietly and peacefully, and to hold my emotions st bay and leave a generous space for others to find their purpose and their highest good. It’s not for me to see or understand, but to understand and respect that they are on their spiritual path. It’s not necessary for me to get it.

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post:
Thank you for sharing and for clarifying! 40 years of marriage is something quite exceptional! You both chose well and you both obviously have strong partnership quality. Teamwork and harmony and prosperity.

What did I learn? What did I loose? What did I give up on? And, what did I tell myself??

Good questions, may take a lot of time to achieve an honest appraisal. And, that’s what’s going on with me.

I have been divorced since 2008, and honestly, for whatever right or wrong reason, or higher purpose, I am now releasing and surrendering a lot of my former interpretations that really do not serve or adequately reflect the most valuable assets, lessons and contributions.

It took me longer to reach or find a proper place to achieve this huge task, of processing and having a much greater understanding… of my self. It’s taken me years to realize how many of my perseptions were faulty, and they would not allow me healing or peace. And, I choose now to do whatever work, whatever processing in order to function at my greatest capacity, for my greatest healing and my greatest good.

What did I give up on??

What did I tell myself??

The biggest lesson I’ve learned in 40 yr relationship… is something I’ve stated before, though choose to share again, the way it works (for me) always love yourself a hair more than the people you value the most.

And as human beings we don’t like everything we ourselves do, and in relationships we won’t like EVERYTHING others do … even when we are liking most things more often than not. Though God willing may we always love! And the beauty part for me come into play when I/we separate behavior from the person, and can give another room to be… And the result (for us) has been the reward of growing (up) with another … while growing as individuals…

We live with ourselves for the rest of our lives..And God willing may we be with the ones we love forever & a day also. So that hair difference of loving oneself more can make all the difference in what is brought to the table for the other person, for the 2 as a couple, and for self. I am so grateful I am true to myself so I am able to be true to another. I believe this is something that wasn’t practiced very much in generations before mine. This is definitely something I learned along the way.

This rationale is true for me in all of my relationships/interactions/connections in my life. The difference is how much & how I choose to share (though I always choose to be me)(:

And as mentioned in a post above I truly like this quote by Dalai Lama
Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

This quote depicts what I had written above…about…by loving oneself a hair more than the people you value the most. Please don’t get me wrong I feel a need for those I love, and that includes my hubby… It’s that hair more for me…which creates what I need for my balance.

In response to Kathi’s post:
love this:
I am now releasing and surrendering a lot of my former interpretations that really do not serve or adequately reflect the most valuable assets, lessons and contributions.

that is beautiful! Though I’m sure you didn’t need me to say so!!(:

Thank you for sharing your insight.

I can see the wisdom of your ways. And, it’s true, I believe that we have to give a little more to ourself so that we have something to give to another.

Did you learn how to take better care of yourself?
responding to you & answering the question above seems to go hand in hand:
another reason this valuing ourselves a hair more than others works… is:
If you are a giver as many nurturing women are… It won’t matter (as much) others ‘giving-back’ because you will be well loved by how you love & accept yourself. That has been my experience when things are ‘good’ or having ‘growing pains’. It lessens expectations of all kinds, and my experience has been seeing more beauty ‘everywhere.
Once again, I’d like to clarify, being loved is very nice/beautiful… Though it simply feels better when I am in the ‘habit’ of loving me well as a foundation.

you said: may take a lot of time to achieve an honest appraisal. And, that’s what’s going on with me.

finding meaning in experience that resonates with ones spirit is a life long experience…. Though your desire to look at your experiences head-on for whatever is, is the gift of transformation, acceptance and a life long love that permeates everything you are passionate about.
And it shows in everything you share you love! You are awesome. I thank you always for sharing as you do.
Awesome thread!

And I thank you for your kindness and compassion to all… that includes to myself. I love to be in touch w/how think and feel …. though to get it out on a thread … takes a safe place. Thanks for valuing all you do. It helps keep safety alive and well on Bmindful.

How are you doing now? What do you need or want right now?

I am absolutely fantastic, could not be any better. The secret I have learned is to be grateful for all things and to love. Love everything, everyone, with love comes acceptance and respect. I have learned to focus on all the good that encompasses me. I banish all thought of negativity as they are counter productive to my overall well being and the positive person I choose to be. My real is such a wonderful space, it is but a piece of harmony and grace.

Well said Nancee1953
The secret I have learned is to be grateful for all things and to love. Love everything, everyone, with love comes acceptance and respect. I have learned to focus on all the good that encompasses me. I banish all thought of negativity as they are counter productive to my overall well being and the positive person I choose to be. My real is such a wonderful space, it is but a piece of harmony and grace.

Thank you Nancee, I love that you are in a space that is grounded in gratitude, acceptance, respect and love.

And, thank you Going with self care for all that you shared. I have learned a lot, and I have taken in a lot from all that you share.

I just want to acknowledge that many of these questions are very personal. I know that many people are not interested in sharing their inner most and deeply personal thoughts and experiences.

I have the same considerations about the need for privacy, however there is another part of me that chooses to be open and wants to be undefended. For me, being open has given me a connection to experiencing safety, and finding that what I may have to share, that others have similar things in common. I believe that we all have much more in common, even though we all have very unique gifts, and unique perceptions.

(I didn’t want to interrupt Kathi’s flow, so placed it here) In response to Kathi’s post below:

I am celebrating everything for you, about you and with you! Thank you for sharing your path here! Thank you for sharing you!
And yes, oh yes what we tell ourselves ….

And we get to choose: what we want why we want it how we grow thru things or go through them…

And no matter how we feel we held ourselves back… It still is part of the path which we can use to co-create our phenomenal momentum in this moment to start utterly new… or catapult from a place that seems so right.

And on that note, I continue to feel honored to know you.

I continue to feel honored to know those on this community …who are allowing space to see all of their possibilities.

Love to you!!!
Love to all!!

• ~

Kath, I believe all the questions on Happiness Meetings are very personal. For myself, the more I continue to feel/BE IN TOUCH WITH my spirit … I am given an opening to get to a place of more for myself …

and…

Through that… with THAT

AND for all experiences.

• ~
    I’m grateful for these weekly Happiness Meetings… Its another beautiful avenue to be more present… in places I’ve believed were ‘visited’ enough.

Thank you Kathi for creating this mtg, it led to more awesome experiences!
Thank you for being you

• ~

What did I give up on?

What did I tell myself?

These are powerful questions, designed to really inventory and literally map onto one’s growth, one’s relationship with consciousness and even health.

For me, this is a very challenging question! It’s very autobiographical too.

When I look back at my life in my twenties, I had some hard lessons and I was not exactly ready to cut the rug and jump start college. I had a lot of baggage that I had to overcome in order for me even begin to experience that I had choice.

I had a life changing event when I was 18, and the total experience really changed me, profoundly. I lost a baby. After that, I never looked at the world, or people, or relationships, and even politics the same again. It probably took me a decade to actually start my life over. And by then, I had given up on so many things, that the only thing I could count on was myself, and my word.

What did I give up on?

What did I tell myself?

I gave up on many things, only to replace all that I had given up on with other things that were valuable. I could literally write a book about my experience and how it affected me.

The things that I told myself: I literally used scripture like it was medicine. I found that my faith was what, if anything, was going to heal me and give me a chance to live my life fully, and functionally, and to begin to create the capacity utilize all of my gifts. I had grown through an incredible period, and I was 100% into health and prosperity. There was so much that I wanted to do and to create, and I just needed time to create both outer and inner success.

When I began to map on to my consciousness, I began to experience my self and my purpose.

My conversation with myself changed.

What we tell others is certainly not what we tell ourselves.
And, of course, not everyone is the same.

But, its contextual. Its really valuable context. And context is definitive.

We are defined by context.

We are defined by what we tell ourself.

Many things are coming up, as I write!
And, its all good.

I feel like I have SO many gifts, I have such untouched capacity, incredible untapped, untouched potential… Such huge, massive vastness, and, a wealth of such creation… I am just wondering how to connect with this gift, this energy and how to create with this.

Powerful WORDS create!

Best affirmation:

I choose this life!

(Repeat this 4 separate times, and each time, emphasize a different word). “I’‘ choose this life…. I “CHOOSE” this life….. I choose “THIS” life… I choose this “LIFE”….

In response to going w/self-care flow’s post
Wow! Thank you for your incredible kind words!!

I totally agree, that we definitely do hold ourselves back. And, its a valid choice. There is such terrific RISK, of being known for who and what we are!!

What I dearly love, is the sheer power of BEING, and of being KNOWN.

Whats available for me, in exchange for telling my truth, I get to become unstoppable!
I will not be stopped by my BEING.

And, allow my BEING, and I embrace my being, and when I do this, its no longer about the story, its now about my BEING… And that allows access to choosing my now.

Kathi:

YOU SPARKLE!!!

While our paths are all unique, I do feel you’ve hit a very wonderful commonality

I embrace my being, and when I do this, its no longer about the story, its now about my BEING… And that allows access to choosing my now.

I love this… it could easily be a wonderful title for getting out of our own way:

I will not be stopped by my BEING

yes yes and more yes!

I love hearing of your beautiful journey!!

Love & Hugs

Here is another thought…

Our BEING vs. our experience…

When we accept our BEING, and we distinguish our being from our experience, then, we no longer need to struggle with feeling pain or shame for our experience.

We are not our experience.

We need not be stopped by our experiences. Feelings are not safe or accurate reflections of our truth.

The most valuable area for our focus is in the area of our interpretation.

Again, listen to our answer, as we ask, “What are we telling ourself?”

Thank you!!!!!

“You have no idea how hard I’ve looked for a gift to bring You.
Nothing seemed right. Whats the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean. Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient. Its no good giving my heart and soul because you already have these. So I’ve brought you a mirror. Look at yourself and remember me.”

~ Quote by Rumi

“The heart is a thousand stringed instrument that can only be tuned by love.”

~Quote by Hafiz

Did I learn forgiveness?

Practicing forgiveness is what brings happiness!

For every act that is forgiven, a miracle takes its’ place!

What do I want?

What do I need right now??

Great question, and may take time to consider.

But, in short, its peace. I need and want peace, in places where I resist it the most. In places where I am clinging to fear and insecurity. And, peace in all of the broken places. The places where I resist granting forgiveness… places where I have not let go…

I choose peace.

I choose harmlessness.

I choose the gift of forgiveness

I choose total acceptance

I choose my freedom!

reflecting on this in the wee hours of the morning(:
Did you learn to be a better partner? Did you learn to take it easier, and be more discerning?

• ~
    I come from the stance, we all are already good(: Though, I believe in ways that I truly value I have become a ‘better’ person. Being a ‘better’ person helps me of course allows me to be a better partner. And not closing the door as to what this means-allows for continued wonder, awe and growth.

Its easy to believe something could be ‘greater’ in ones life.. if only this or that. Though I don’t do a lot of that, because I have been ‘shown’ that life is a miracle just as it is, and much has been a choice created by my real readiness and needs.

I appreciate the bitter sweet, and of course like all…I would rather be ‘instructed’ by easy lessons… Like w/everyone, some were not so easy… though the result were answers that I began to learn…and revisiting things less desired… less frequently (as far as experiences go) have been the result(: Thank you God.

My life has gone full circle. I was in my early 20’s when I got married and I expected ease because that was my what my lighthearted spirit enjoyed/desired. Though as you grow through life on your own, and with another -you learn not all experiences are light & easy. As we grow, we experience losses of all kinds. As time continues, we get a bit wiser and see just about everything as a win/gain.

I am more discerning…I believe (even more) naturally-so… when younger. My belief is this ability wanes when experiences we question become more powerful than being. And that is all part of the desire to learn and be… There are constant trade-offs in this balancing act. Though … as long as perspective comes from a place of wonderful possibilities that ARE… the energy allows for greater peace, hope & optimism;therefore all often easier and allows for more discerning.

I think the word that tripped me up … is more . Do I believe I Am more discerning? I believe the current shifts many of us are experiencing now is one of more discernment, greater manifestation, and a greater connection with their spirit. I believed this at different times of my life before… So yes this feels more… even though I remember times where things felt powerful in this area before of discernment for me….

It feels more powerful in this energetic universe now …

I use to attribute that more to getting older/wiser(: Though, I’m definitely believing its more than the beauty of gaining wisdom…Although, growing and nurturing oneself for what feels like a lifetime (for self) and connecting with another/others feels valuable too.

will be back to continue…

How are you doing now?
very well in my main relationship… As I work on myself … it has created a better place for the both of us to share (even more) what is needed/desired.

Even though we make time for this often…

‘Coming to the table’ with more of an even keel (if you will)… allows me to be there for
1) myself
2)my spouse
3) and where we desire our life/relationship to continue on with

How am I doing -just for me?(:
I am fine. My focus is more and more that I Am always more than my experiences… though I value good co-creation of my experiences… So that is an area I am being mindful of these days.

This mindfulness is especially important when life is in a state where it feels all is just flowing… and when I perceive a ripple or contrast in events.

I am fine because of this overview. I feel without such conscientiousness, I would remain happy though less receptive to all I can create in life. And I am very much a co-creator…

I need to do my part and be unattached with the results…knowing the God of my understanding has a plan and purpose for my life… And all happens better as I co-pilot… this process… with intention, a desired energy flow from within, and the magnificence of a very loving Pilot (I call God) … gives me all I need.

With re: to my relationship, it does help, that my hubby believes this way also. We see ourselves as co-creators and that God didn’t bring us (as individuals and as a couple)… all of this way to drop us off(: We expect good things…

What do you need or want right now? This is a statement on the site somewhere … The only thing holding me back from experiencing the life of my dreams is my level of expectation

By creating a space in my life for the life I appreciate, I receive very naturally a level of expectation which matches my desire. So … to respond better to your question… of what do I need right now… just my focus on continued ‘space-giving’ for all to evolve in the timing that my spirit appreciates.

As the space is acknowledged … and a life where I visit ‘where nothing is ever broken’ … is visited, my design for my own footwork follows.

I enjoy this process, and desire/need to engage in it often…

By doing this, I do not have to wait for a crisis to create a fire under my actionable list. I consider myself self motivated…

I allow myself much room for ease…

And I love that so much, that I love to roam in that energy lots. This ease creates more of what I need in all relationships/interactions. It ‘makes me’ not allow myself to be pushed by the ‘world’ and to listen to my spirit more.

So if I ask myself what do I need more of right now:
1) continued space-making (as I call it)
2) create (even more) more intentions in my everyday life… for the things my spirit has already claimed it has opened the door for

As you look back, does it all fit and make (perfect) sense? Do you see how it contributed to who you are right now?

Absolutely (will be back to continue)

saved for affirmations which resonate for my ‘now’

This affirmation popped up from my start page:

“Today, I enter the field of infinite possibilities!! I am free to choose new & wonderful possibilities!!”

Thank you for all that you’re sharing. I appreciate much of what you share, especially about expectations.

Did you learn to be a better partner?

Did you learn to take it easier?

Did you learn to be more discerning?

As you look back, does it all fit, and make sense?

Do you see how it contributed to how you are right now?

First question: Yes, I think that it made me a much better partner. I did come to the full appreciation that when I got married, I was very idealistic. It was all in my head. I was just not aware of how idealistic I was. And, its fair to say that my husband was also living in his state of idealism. We both were. We were both clueless. Neither one of knew what we were doing. We were both unconscious and we both had weaknesses and fears that trumped our experience.

Yes, I am a much, much better partner. I learned a lot about myself and about quality partnership, and about communication, and about quality of commitment. I now know how to bring clarity long, long before I bring any feelings of commitment. And, I know that I have definite requirements that are not negotiable. Reciprocity and equanimity are bedrock, foundational. Healthy partners have shared values and equitable SEC socioeconomic class. They work together, and they both want the same life style at the same time. They accept their mate because they share the same values, and similar comforts out of life. Their life styles are in agreement and in balance.

2. Did I learn to take it easier? Yes, definitely. What I also learned is to stop suffering and struggling. If you or your partner is too stressed, there is major communication issues! What I learned from my experience, is that once communication is out, so is the commitment, and the relationship is on life support.

Communication is so important, its like oxygen. Without communication, there can be no relatedness. Whether the relationship is business relationship or a significant other, if communication is ruptured or impaired, so it the quality of the commitment.

I reached a point of clarity about this, a year ago, and I just declared that I am unwilling to have any relationship in my life that does not work or function. I was having difficulty in my relationship with my sister, and after a prolonged time of dysfunction, I just declared that I don’t allow for unworkability in my life. Its my life, and I do not allow this. I am only willing to have functionality in my life. And, I am not willing to continue suffering, and I am not willing to tolerate indifference. People who are indifferent are the same people who lack value and respect.

3. Did I learn to be more discerning: Yes, absolutely. Discernment is and was my greatest lesson. In my case, what I learned about relationships is about contribution. In healthy relationships, there is balanced giving and balanced receiving. And, there is healthy listening. There is respect and value. There is love and affinity. Things are complimentary and the relationship grows and prospers. New experiences are shared, and each member benefits from the complimentary growth and stability.

In unhealthy relationships, the one who is giving and generating partnership is the one who is creating. However, the powerbroker in unhealthy relationships is the one who is not contributing and not generating. The only power that this one has is the power of destruction, leaving and ending the relationship. This one has not invested into the relationship, and will stay until its too uncomfortable or too inconvenient. Then, they blame their partner for their unhappiness. Both people are left with a bitter taste and there is more than enough blame to go around.

I also learned to be more alert and pay attention when you are involved with unhappy people. Unhappy people can have a massive, negative and costly impact. Until you have spent time or felt bankrupted by their presence, (emotionally and financially) Its a whole lot easier and its healthier to pay attention, and not allow this into your life. What I found it that unhappy people are way to costly: your health, your peace, your happiness, and basically living your life marginally because of their presence in your life. It goes directly back to just having a basic rule: I do not allow things or relationships in my life that do not function. Even if this is a sibling. My bottom line is, is that I love my self, I love my life and everything in my life works. Every part of my life works.

4. As you look back, does it all fit? Does it make sense? Yes, and no. I am still extracting myself, and I am still releasing people and situations.

5. Do you see how it contributed to who you are right now? Yes, definitely. What I do see newly is that those significant relationships did make contributions to me. especially my x husband. I am grateful for our powerful bond of love. It was an amazing and honestly, the most exhilarating experience of my life time!! Very powerful!! I’ve never had anything as powerful as that experience, and just listen to me! It really drew something very extraordinary out of me!! So, its only natural that I would have been very incomplete, if we had not tried. And, we did try! And, I’m complete! And, I can tell you that I have shifted my interpretations, and am happy to report that I am much more peaceful.

I am now re-reading a Marianne Williamson book, A return to Love. This is a very great book, and its powerful because of her candor and her courage.

This meeting is beneficial for me. I am actively picking up pieces, and shifting my perceptions and interpretations so that I can reclaim every single part of myself: at my core, its my freedom from any and all entanglements, freedom from grief and loss and any lingering resentment and or emotional entrapment… freedom of my energy. I want total freedom and health. In exchange, I am willing to take full responsibility for creating conditions for my freedom and my energy. And, most vitally, I choose love over fear. I choose wisdom. I choose serenity. I choose phenomenal, miraculous, dynamic, unyielding and powerful health, powerful thoughts, kindness, harmlessness and compassion. I choose me. I choose this life! I choose to surrender and to allow joy, bliss, and consciousness.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content