login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Alchemy and the Great Queen★ Workshop(#2)

intro post 1 of 4

“Alchemy and the Great Queen”
By Laura Kohn, LMHC, CHt

• ~

• ~

Hello my fellow seekers! It is always such an honor and privilege to be with you. Last week we started to just dip our toes into the esoteric wisdom tradition of the Great Work, Alchemy! I certainly hope you all got a chance to engage in a little right brain activity, and if you aren’t sure what that is, please refer to last presentation- Workshop #1 post

Now, alchemy was practiced in many parts of the world and as we stated previously, it was a technology used to access higher states of consciousness, or what alchemists called “The Philosopher’s Stone”. Alchemy fell out of favor and fashion for many years until Carl Jung saw that it was a metaphor for personal transformation, and was encrypted with symbolism that spoke directly to the subconscious mind and was a way to access higher states of being. It was always about turning something lesser into something great. It was Jung who was also able to see that alchemy was a metaphor for stages or processes humans go through as they individuate. Individuation is the process a person goes through as they mature by integrating all parts of self and experience to become a well-functioning whole. They have made peace with their shadow (the parts of self they disowned, disavowed, or repressed) and have more conscious awareness of their feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. In other words they move from being unconscious creators to conscious creators. How is this done you may well ask? Through a process called “The Royal Marriage”, but before I get into how all of that works, I thought it best that I introduce you to our happy couple. This week I would like to talk to you about the Great Queen.

Who she is, what she does, and why you should care about her is of great importance to each and every one of you reading these words. You see the Queen is a metaphor for the great feminine principal. We all embody aspects of both the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine. You may call these aspects Yin and Yang, Solar and Lunar, or Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine. The metaphor of the Queen is a powerful one that works fractally. While the Queen is a symbol of power and leadership in the outer world, she is also a symbol of great power internally. The Great Queen is a metaphor that speaks of the Higher Self or Soul. So the wisdom tradition of alchemy speaks of the royal marriage between the King and the Queen with the King representing Ego and the Queen representing Soul or Higher Self. Thus to walk in balance and achieve a higher state of consciousness, one must be poised or balanced between the Ego and the higher wisdom or Soul.

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

intro post 2 of 4
OK so I said the metaphor works fractally so let’s talk about that part because I find this to be one of the most intriguing and brilliant aspects to alchemy. There is a saying in Hermeticism that goes “As above so below,” and it speaks to the fractal nature of the universe. So the way it works upstairs is the way it works downstairs. The way it works internally is also the way it works externally.

You see when you embrace your inner Queen, the Great Queen, then you start to reclaim your personal sovereignty and that is where you will start to get your power back my friends! The Queens in the outer world are all showing us aspects and tricks that you can use to get your power back. They act in certain ways, and do things most people don’t do and there is a reason for this. They behave or act out archetypal roles in the outer world but you have these archetypes in your inner world. There is no getting around it. It’s just built into your consciousness. It is part and parcel of being human.
  • ~

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

intro post 3 of 4

So let’s spend just a bit of time talking about the difference between a Queen and a commoner so you can start to see how and where to get your personal internal power back. A Queen does not question her legitimacy to rule just as a rose does not question whether it is worthy of the ground in which it sits. It fulfills its purpose by blooming just as the Queen fulfills her purpose by serving. Your purpose here is to express all of your talents and abilities fully. Your job is to be the ruler of your life because no one else but you can do that. There is no you have be good enough before you can fully be you. There is no you have to be more deserving before you can fully be you. The whole thing is just about being as you as you can be. The Queen isn’t wondering if it’s OK to say no to something or someone. It’s is her job to choose. That’s why she’s there, that’s what she does. Many people have learned to fly under the radar and play it small so they can fit in, make others feel safe, and not be a threat to anyone. No Queen, however, truly thinks like this. The Queen knows it’s her job to say no or to say yes. To do this she must trust her own judgement and know what she wants. In the old days the commoners were trained to believe they were at a lower status than the royals. They were trained to let others do their thinking for them and let others make choices for them. This was done partly because most of the commoners had no education, and partly to control then more effectively.

• ~

Another way to think of it is like this. Think of any Queen in any time in history or even presently, but this woman has to be a Queen, not a Princess, or a Duchess but a Queen. Do you ever see them asking “Am I really a Queen?” They weren’t raised to be thinking they don’t deserve to be a Queen or they aren’t good enough to be a Queen. They don’t question the fact that they are a Queen, because it’s a given already. You were born as a sovereign, my lovelies. It is your birthright. When you start to accept this one little fact the world will suddenly get a lot more peaceful. So the first step in reclaiming our power is to know and understand you have the power, it is yours by birthright, and all you have to do is claim it. The Queen is Higher Self or Soul. A Queen can live in a castle or a cottage. She is untouchable in that no external factors or forces can diminish her truth. A Queen is born being a royal. This is never, ever questioned. All a Queen must do is choose to embody her role fully to claim her sovereignty and so it is with you.

intro post 4 of 4
Imagine you truly believed this fact, and start asking yourself what you would be doing differently right now if you were a royal. What are you doing right now in your life that does not serve your status as a Divine Ruler? When you start to look at your life through this lens you start to reclaim your personal sovereignty. This question allows us to see in our lives where we have settled, and where we aren’t acting in accordance with our stature. Your Soul doesn’t question its magnificence nor should you. So the Great Queen is the driving force that allows us to activate and express all of our unique talents and abilities fully. Here’s another thing you should know about Queens. They are strength personified. This is because they demonstrate the higher ideals of patience, compassion, mercy, dignity, honor and respect. Now that’s not always such an easy thing to do. So why do they do it in the first place? Because when you strive for these virtues they are held within your mind CONSCIOUSLY. You are on the lookout for them both outside of yourself and within. If you are looking for these virtues then you are TUNED IN to these virtues. When you are tuned into these virtues you are in RESONANCE with these virtues. When you are in resonance with these virtues you start to EMBODY these virtues. Embody these virtues long enough you begin to INTEGRATE these virtues. Once you integrate these virtues you are HOLDING THE FREQUENCY of these virtues so you are transmitting them wherever you go. So in essence you HOLD THE STATE for others to enter which is really what a Queen does. When that happens you are operating from the next level of consciousness. Seriously, how cool is that? You become it, so others can become it, and that’s how we start shifting things all over the planet.

So lovelies do you see why The Great Queen is so important? She holds the state and transmits the frequency that creates balance and flow throughout the realm by embodying the higher virtues which sets a standard of excellence everywhere. She is always on the lookout for this excellence which is why she is often seen knighting people, bestowing gifts, or recognizing others who embody this excellence. She leads by example so others can understand, and recognize the highest example or expression of ability. In the tradition of alchemy your Soul does this for you. The Great Work entails tuning in and exploring the inner spaces so you can listen to your inner Queen when she speaks to you. She is very wise and will always guide you to embody the highest expression of your Self.

RED KING AND WHITE QUEEN

ALCHEMY

LEVITY

JUNGIAN INFO

Next week we shall speak of the Great King. Who he is, what he does, and why he is important to each of you as well. You see this metaphor is multilayered and speaks about many aspects of existence. It has relevance in the outer world and the inner world. It is both science and magic and when used with reverence it can lead to wonderful discoveries and insights. Until we meet again I would ask you to play with the idea of being a royal. What in your life would you be doing differently if you were a King or a Queen? Imagine talking to your boss, your partner, your children as a royal. Walk like a King, pick your head up and look people in the eyes. What tasks would get your full attention if you were a Queen? Play with this and see what happens. It’s kind of fun once you get the hang of it. You were born a sovereign. All you have to do is choose to embody your role fully to claim your power and work your magic. It’s what you came here to do. Until next week my brave explorers of consciousness!

Related Info For Today’s Free Workshop

• ~

feel free to begin posting before noon today! The Magician will appear with us -noon-1:00 EST! She will pop in and out beyond that during the week!

As always, while some threads have start times, they never close! [That includes this workshop!]

much love & blessings!
AWP (aka selfcare)
PS I’m not just here as a billboard- looking forward to participating around my schedule too.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Wow thank you Laura, again so much information to digest!

I’m not sure if i’ve reclaimed my personal sovereignty or not. I think it is going to take me a few read throughs to full understand the article to understand the meaning.

I’m sure to some degree i’m doing this subconsciously but as mentioned the effects will manifest into my conscious?

In response to AlwaysWonderfulPossibilities’s post:

I’ve read everything The Magician has posted in preparation for today’s workshop. I am taking it very seriously, yet I’m reminded of a song introduced to me by my granddaughter approximately 8 years ago by The Backyardigans. Partial lyrics include, “ Yes Your Majesty, Queens are never wrong! “

“Let the royal workshop begin! “

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to bunique’s post:

I’m right with you, so much info to digest. So for now, I’m just eating it all up. Once it’s in my stomach as discussions develop, I’ll begin to digest it fully. I’m enjoying chewing right now and of course digestion starts in the mouth.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to bunique’s post:
In response to Poppy’s post:
Hi there! Yes right now we are just filling up the database. Let the info percolate in your mind and see what comes up. In the meantime notice what you notice. That’s the best place to start.

(1) bunique’s post: (2) Poppy’s post: (3) Poppy’s post: (4) The Magician’s post: (5) The Magician’s post: (6) Priestess Within’s post:

I have been enjoying this so much, the sharing… and feeling the energy of curiosity and pathways opening….

Personally I’m loving the allowing & areas opening up… I can feel things in my daily activities ‘move’ differently. I am doing my best not to wonder/think why… Though…I am seeing/liking a greater flow… of being myself, and have ‘what I need’ ‘make its way to me’

Thank you Laura for supplying the links this time & last week. I want to explore them further here & there(: It’s a lot… though I’m sorting my way around(:

I ended up finding some of my own related sites… which have been working for me…by googling some of what you’ve shared also…

At this point I cannot tell you which piece of information I interpreted & created what, I’m only aware of more synergy… with parts of me which questioned myself. Less questioning-more flow(:

Loving the learning/experiencing processes.
One of my hubby’s favorite quotes : …live as though you will die tomorrow, and learn as if you will live forever. I think about this when desiring to absorb what is presented here(: I feel joy, enthusiasm, to continuing on (more and more) with gusto!

Your material you’ve written and the material it has been leading me to-are tremendously empowering. How beautiful it is to be reminded we are always enough (in the way you shared), and our choices are … simply and wonderfully are… just that ours… What freedom there is-in being (as we allow more and more of what it can mean for ourselves and all we interact with)

The Divine Feminine is on the rise,as we learn how to BE our Sovereign selves. Thank you for this thought provoking way of looking and being the Queen.I look forward to re reading this and to use this magic in my life. You were born a sovereign. All you have to do is choose to embody your role fully to claim your power and work your magic.
I will use your words of wisdom and magic this week in my life. I can’t wait to feel the shift.

Heart Filled with Gratitude, for this journey of my life. I open my whole and holy Self to receive the blessings of Source.

Hi all!!!
Little change of plans… I’m having technical difficulties and I’ll be connecting live with you from 4:30 to 5:30PM this evening.

And if I can pull a rabbit out of my hat, I will back earlier.

Can’t wait!!!

Just to make sure I’m on the right track, these workshops are designed to help each of us understand that by Devine right we have the ability to achieve a sort of spiritual transformation by uniting our opposites such as king/queen, male/female, etc. The assumption is we would want to sync up our body, soul, and spirit to realize and fulfill our purpose.

Am I on the train, or have I been derailed?

Yes Poppy you absolutely are! In two weeks we will be discussing a powerful law in Alchemy and Hermeticsm called “The Law of 3” which discusses this in more detail. In the meantime I’d like everyone to get to know who are main players are and what they do before we throw them together into the Alchemical mix to see what transpires!

And I pulled a rabbit out of my hat after all. First time in a long time the service tech was here EXACTLY when they said they would be here. Miracles never cease to exist.

In response to Priestess Within’s post:

One favorite exercise I like to play is to be a Queen in one area of my life a day. Even if it’s going to Starbucks. You will be amazed what starts to shift if you do this for as little as 15 minutes a day.

Love that quote. I’m going to have to use that.

In response to The Magician’s post:

I’ve always wanted to be Queen for the day and I’m going to do it. But being an old guy, I’m not dressing for the part!

OK, you’ve got me laughing to the point that I almost choked on my water reading your post. If you do dress the part you’ll have to send me pix! In the meantime I’ll bring a life preserver into the office.

‘something’ occurred yesterday … re: the inner place of Queen…
…all I was doing was walking into the kitchen deciding what I would eat, and how I’d like it prepared. wonderful experience….

Poppy’s post: I so wish I didn’t have to go to work now- the laughter is great…

Guess I will have to take some of this energy w/me(:

Pix would be tempting. I’d laugh so hard I’d choke on air. Thinking about it!

Play with tuning into the higher virtues at work of patience, compassion, mercy, dignity, honor and respect and watch how it transforms the people around you. You rarely see people behaving badly in front of the Queen. Her frequency is too high and because of this people hold her in reverence. Reverence, like play, is a higher state of consciousness so you never see people fighting or behaving badly when they are in the midst of revering something or someone. Hold the state and others will enter.

It would be interesting to feel this- area of even ‘more play’ on the job

… On that note- (: chat later

• ~

“Play with tuning into the higher virtues at work of patience, compassion, mercy, dignity, honor and respect and watch how it transforms the people around you.”

What wonderful advise! It doesn’t have to be done only at work. Play with it all the time, everywhere and it will transform more than just the people around you.

Very true. It works quite magnificently.

I have always been interested in the roles that offer a King and a Queen the court and yes even more then that the common people that take a back seat to what others decide is best for them.

Once Upon A Time, I was a woman that was voted most able to succeed, that was along time ago. What in the world would a high school know about me, and to offer me a label for just being good at debate,business, a self proclaimed history buff.

Life…is what made me take a long hard look at; who I was then and who I am to be.Going gently into the night walking down dim lite streets knowing that I was never alone. This is what caused me to think outside of the box, to add creativity in my thinking and to ignore in part the words that some person or event embedded in my mind. The words were I was not able, I was not strong, had no courage and was not able to balance.Then I listened not to the outer world but took a leap to find myself.

The people that I added to my core people were tools. They were perhaps just for a moment of time and then I found something that made sense, The Queen that you talk about must have this..It is called Harmony!

The Queen excels in her daily work, her ability to hold stern in her decisions and to find strength from the things that are hard. Being empowered by words of wisdom is one thing but to know that power comes from within is something that I find to be so important in my life.

Magic, who would have ever thought that in my life it would all come down to just that. Life is as hard as one might make it. If we do not learn from the broken limbs while grabbing for another in this journey called life , we might just not be able to know that The Soul is a very powerful source that we thrive with.

The Magician, has placed a seed of which has allowed a calming in me today. I am thankful for the lesson. I will allow the seed to grow and to add knowledge to what is my Oneness,my soul that is growing and moving forward with grace as a Queen, adding to my life journey.

Feeling centered, Iamone

In response to iamone’s post:
How utterly eloquent and powerful. You certainly walk as a Queen!

In response to iamone’s post: truly beautiful!

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    link Queen Poppy
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking forward to returning to current workshop, and add some invigorating occurrences since I wrote last. Though, the posts I find here from IAmOne and Poppy created further light and love and I choose to take that in for awhile first! enjoying the energy that has been brought to site, and to myself personally. Thank you all!

This weekend as I walked through the city I imagined myself in different roles. At one time I surrounded myself with the energy of a Shield Maiden and watched how people moved out of my path, as a Queen they came to me commenting on the beauty of my cape, there was even a time when I was walking down a hall and a couple passed me, turned around an came back to ask if they could help me.

When we walk with honor to ourselves and others we open the world to the magic of love.

Heart Filled with Gratitude, for this journey of my life. I open my whole and holy Self to receive the blessings of Source.

12/7/16

I am truly enjoying the heart-intention of Queendom. So much has transpired, I don’t think taking notes would’ve even helped(: From interactions and overall energy at work to everyday projects… to just the act of being. I’m not sure what specifically I hadn’t given myself permission for… though I can say …. I feel more like ‘me’ … The me that Is on the inside… empowered with the qualities of my spirit.

One feeling I remember now… was w/my hubby. He was leaving for work, and I’ve had a bit of a bug, and didn’t want to give a kiss saying bye. So from where I was sitting…I felt my hand graciously lift to his lips… (due to not feeling well) … Though the energy was like a royal fantasy… when he kissed my hand.

Another area that has come up:
I like having boundaries. Though even my boundaries with others are enjoying themselves… If that makes sense. It is the declaration of this is who I Am with a smile from my heart. something with my energy must’ve changed to have circumstances seem better with such a variety of encounters lately. Thanks for the awesome seeds you’ve planted-Magician. It is like magic.

I like that Inner Priestess When we walk with honor to ourselves and others we open the world to the magic of love. I could feel your examples, and like You are…. a truly wonderful creation!!

I think you’ve hit on something very valuable with the energy of honor.
and your affirmation today…. “I walk with honor” I will take that in more…

It makes me wonder what was in its place, that I wasn’t aware of before…

That’s amazing.

Feeling your power!!!!

Loved this link to Chinese Alchemy

The Great Queen is a metaphor LOVE IT. WELL SAID!!!
I love the creative metaphor of the queen, Carl Jung reconfigured conscious in innovative ways, his work on the human language is best described through collective unconscious metaphor becoming conscious in symbolic language

Thanks for the Chinese Alchemy link. I like the reminder to just bathe in the beauty.
“The whirlpool of its magic at one point became madness for the alchemists who tried to decipher its secret language of symbols and signs, and for the ones who managed to just bath in the beauty of its images, it stayed full of blessings.”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content