login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Motivational Photo's for Exercise and Health.

This thread is for encouraging and motivational pictures to encourage us to become more fit and healthy. Good for the body, good for the mind!

Here is a picture of what five pounds of fat looks like!

Here is a pic of a guy who lost fifty pounds.
He obviously did a lot of working out, but we can all get in better shape with a little effort!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Mindful and eye-opening visual of why we need to strive for balance in all things: family and friends; work and play; material and spiritual. Thank you for sharing…

I say a little prayer (mantra?) before I eat anything. I look at the food and very sincerely tell it “I ask that you bless my body with the nutrition it needs and help melt the pounds away.”

I promise you that you won’t be able to pick up a hot fudge sundae and say that (well, without guilt, anyway)! It is much easier when you look at an organic apple. This is just a little trick that I started to do to “brainwash” my Self to make better choices during the day.

Not only do I use it for choices, but also to show gratitude to the universe for providing me healthy choices and to my body for providing me an excellent vehicle to have this human experience. :)

Cheers and healthy eating!!

PS: CookieMan – is this guy a Body For Life guy? I highly recommend that method as it provides decent results in a short amount of time through diet and exercise.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I don’t know the program that guy used. I just looked for some before and after pics on google. I’ve seen a really cool looking infomercial for a product, an exercise video that looks interesting. If I can remember what it is I’ll post it. I’m not ready for that yet though, maybe when I’m in a little better shape I’ll start something more vigorous. The concept has something to radically vary the exercises you’re doing.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

So, I was really out of shape and very overweight when I started this. I had virtually no energy and even less self esteem. It is harsh – but true – every time I passed a mirror, I wanted to puke when I saw myself. One day, I didn’t even remember who “I” was. I remember the day very vididly. I looked in the mirror and saw only a ghost of who I used to be. I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried… You get the picture… I decided on the spot that things were going to change and NOW!!

I treated my weight loss routine much like I treat my religion… I cherry pick out of all of them what resonates with ME as truth.

The first thing I did was run across bMindful and set up some affirmations, because that is how I handle all of my life issues. Next, I ran across a wonderful book at my library. It is called “Body for Life” by Bill Phillips. It is an extremely easy system that provides quick results. There is no counting calories and no HARD exercises. Basically, if you have a set of adjustable dumbbells, you can do it all at home. Plus, he has some beautiful before and after pictures that you can use in your visualizations… and that is always a plus.

So, doing the Body for Life thing got my confidence back enough to actually go into a gym. I joined the best gym that I could afford. This was for several reasons: (1) I wanted to feel it financially – enough that I would feel guilt if I didn’t use it and (2) I wanted enough amenities to make it rewarding to attend. Once there, I kicked myself for not going earlier because I found out everyone is so concentrated into what they are doing, they aren’t paying attention to how you look doing what you are doing. I didn’t need to feel self-conscious!!

Once I was acclimated to the gym, I chose to spend the money for a personal trainer. It was very expensive, but he pushed me ten times farther than I push myself when I’m alone. He pushed me in different ways than my niece pushes me because with her, I’m training for running races. With my trainer, I’m doing an all-over body makeover. I highly recommend getting one, but make sure you choose one who is a good fit for you. There are a lot of trainers, but they come in many different qualities from lazy-just-get-paid to Barbie-on-Speed. Just choose wisely.

I have increased the variety of exercise because I got bored. I now do cardio – three times a week (me, 60 minutes feels right. Any less isn’t enough ‘me’ time). I do weight training – three times a week, on alternating days. Then, to spice up my routine, I do Pilates & Yoga on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Starting this Friday, I am adding an underwater weight training class. Looks like a lot of fun – if I don’t drown myself!! :)

Pick something that is fun for you and just get started!! I’m there for you to cheer you on when you need it!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content