login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Self Help Books

Question: Are there any self help books or cds you would recommend?

My Response: Don’t look past Think and grow rich by Napolean Hill. It is a cliche answer, but it really is the best self help book ever written. It is public domain now, you can download free copies off the internet. The first time I read it was a little far fetched for me to fully understand, and napolean saying that the secret is in the book but he can’t point it out seemed like a cop out to me at the time. Now I understand it a little better, and attribute much of the success I have had to that book. He also spends a whole chapter on affirmations, he calls it ‘autosuggestion’

CD wise, anything by wayne dyer. He really is an amazing person. I feel enormously grateful for having discovered his work. I really cannot recommend him enough. How to be a no limit person is profound. I wish I could get across just how life altering this set of cds is. He does a lot of work with Deepak Chopra too – another thought provoking author.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I am reading THE VORTEX by Esther and Jerry Hicks…. mind boggling…. I had to read a third of it before I really started to understand what they were talking about, and when I am finished I am going to read it again.

It is a channeled book so the language is bit different. Abraham talks about “flawed premises” which seem to permeate the human race and really have no bearing on us at all, except that we accept them as gospel.

Abraham states, “We want you to remember that the need for agreement from others comes from a basis of misunderstanding of the LAWS of the UNIVERSE and run counter to who you really are.” He goes on to say we all came to earth with our own personal guidance system in place and when we learn to rely on that system we will always be in alignment “with the power that flows to you and through you.”

page 7 THE VORTEX

I highly recommend it. Happy reading.

Hi Coachhouse!
I am an Abester, a Sethie, and have always loved Barbara Marciniak and the Pleiadians she channels. And I appreciate other great teachers… what I am seeing more and more of lately is how all these teachings coincide with each other. I am sure they did before…It must be that I was ‘ready’ to see the liknesses rather than the differences. :)
I am really GETTING IT —finally— when Abe tells us that our main job is to FEEL GOOD!! … that goes so much deeper…in all directions…than it might appear to one who first hears or reads that statement.
Love, Betty

There was some practical advice in The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Also, Peak Performance Principles for High Achievers by John Noe is a nice book about working toward goals.

Hi Betty… Finished the book and wow… It made what I have learned elsewhere more understandable and acceptable… now I want to get more of their books… It is amazing how they all overlap… even in ACIM I see the same things… for me that means there is truth there somewhere…. peace and love, Kathy

The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron
If you eat for emotional reasonns and want to get back in tune with healthy eating this book is like having a friend in your pocket .

Its not a diet book full of meal plans etc ,its a self help book to get you out of disordered eating with morning pages ,food/mood journal and other ideas and it works .

love flowergirl

Hi Flowergirl, thank you for sharing your book :) ! I have another one similar called “Body clutter : Love your body, Love yourself By Marla Cilley, Leanne Ely.

Love PE

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you perhaps you are 1 of the 10% of the world that has an alcoholic disposition, in addition to 12 step activity,I DEFINITLY suggest reading a book about alcoholism.THE NAME OF THE BOOK (IS CALLED UNDER THE INFLUENCE) THE AUTHORS ARE JAMES R.MILLAM AND KATHERINE KETCHAM.literally BRILLANT EXPLANATION OF WHY SOME PEOPLE CAN,T DRINK ALCOHOL WITHOUT NEGATIVE RESULTS, AND OTHERS CAN STOP AFTER 2 OR 3 DRINKS.AA IS THE ORIGINATER OF TREATMENT FROM ALCOHOLISM,BUT IT DOESN,T EXPLAN THE PHENOMONOM OF CRAVING MORE AND MORE BOOZE.WITHOUT ANY QUESTION THE MOST POWERFUL BOOK I,VE READ . PAPERBACK UNDER 20 BUCKS.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
hi PE thanks i will look for it on amazon ,love flowergirl

heres one i already posted about
Moving On ,by Sarah Ban Breathnac ,its so helpfull when you are feeling fragile and stuck in connection to homes,relationships etc and how to let go of the feelings that hold you back .Its a very gentle book from someone who has been there ,love flowergirl

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content