login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚How To Be Happy/article[S.K.King]

Hawaiian culture
How To Be Happy
excerpt One big reason for not feeling good about ourselves is guilt about something we’ve done or not done in the past. Interestingly, the Hawaiian language doesn’t even have a word for guilt in the Western sense. It has one word, hewa, that means to do something wrong, or to be found guilty, as of a crime, but nothing like the Western feeling of guilt, which can occur even when you haven’t done anything wrong. Perhaps it’s because the language doesn’t have a past tense.

• ~

excerpt Forgiveness doesn’t mean saying that what you did or didn’t do was good or okay. It means to admit you made a mistake according to your rules or someone else’s and to stop feeling bad about it. The way to stop feeling bad about it is to do something to make up for it if you can, and whether you can or not, STOP dwelling on it. It isn’t the event itself that makes you feel bad after a while, it’s the constant rehashing of it in your mind.

to read article in full

~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am learning forgiveness. It is funny how we can forgive others for transgressions and yet we have difficulty forgiving ourselves. Well like Edgar Alan Poe, “quote the raven, never more.” I forgive myself for what ever flaws and imperfections of the past. Starting fresh with a clean slate generating positive energy. Life’s pencil may not have an eraser, but forgiveness is a start. Moving on I will be more cognizant and put forth sincere effort to be better. On to bigger and better, the best is yet to come.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content