login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★creating effective healing affirmations✰。(being reviewed)

Dr. Shapiro has a free download of his book, I have included excerpts below.    I loved his old web site very much...beautifully done! Though he is gracious to give all the e-book which contained the following:
✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
AFFIRMATIONS Section:

o The Power of Thought
o AFFIRMATIONS AND THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
Positive thoughts act like medicine released from the brain’s own pharmacy. This thought-medicine cannot do its work, however, if negative ideas, beliefs, or attitudes neutralize its healing power. When a positive affirmation is stated, there is often an attack of negative thoughts or beliefs, which emerge from their storage place in the subconscious.
o CREATING POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE AFFIRMATIONS
CREATING POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE AFFIRMATIONS

Affirmations work, but they may not work for you if they lack the necessary potency to take hold and grow. Following are some suggestions for creating effective healing affirmations.

1. DEFINE YOUR PROBLEM

2. DEFINE YOUR GOAL
Focus on your solution rather than the problem. Do not think so much of where you have been as of where you want to be. You become and attract what you intend. Your goals will become your new habits. For example, if you are working with disease, focus on health. For fear, invoke courage or bravery. For anger, try peace, patience, forgiveness, or gentleness. For weakness, try strength. For failure, try success.

3. PRESENT TENSE
State the affirmation in the present tense, as though the goal is already accomplished. You would not want to affirm, “I am going to be calm.” You would affirm, “I am calm.”

4. POSITIVE TERMS
State the affirmation in positive terms such as “I am calm,” not the negative “I am no longer anxious.”

5. INDIVIDUALIZE
Keep reworking the affirmation until it feels just right. For example, you may prefer “I remain even-minded under all conditions,” or “evenminded no matter the condition,” or simply a one-word affirmation: “even-minded.” When it feels right, it will fit the rhythm of your being perfectly.

6. VISUALIZATION
We can reinforce the power of our affirmation by associating it with a mental picture or visualization. In this way we can think, see, and feel the reality of the affirmation. For example, we can all imagine circumstances that make us nervous, angry, or agitated. We can rehearse these scenes in our minds by creating thoughts and pictures of ourselves remaining calm despite provocation. The more we rehearse, the more likely the subconscious and conscious minds will help us stay relaxed when the actual stressful condition arrives.

7. PRACTICE
Practice and repetition are most important. Without repetition, there can be no progress. Deeply embedded negative thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes have been around for a long time in the subconscious mind. When the brain cells are loaded up with thought habits that have to do with disease and limitation, it takes time to form thought circuits that have to do with health and possibility. We need to repeat affirmations continuously for chronic deeply embedded conditions, and we need to ignore an unchanged or contrary condition as we repeat the affirmation.

Many people give up early, not understanding the effort required or unwilling to do the work. Some habits, patterns, or conditions may change with ease, while others may take a long time to heal or replace. We need patience: it may take months, even years, to transform deeply ingrained habit patterns of thought, feeling, desire, or behavior. Perseverance is the magic of spiritual work.

The more we use positive affirmation, the quicker change occurs for the better. With continued practice, the affirmation takes on a life of its own. It repeats itself by itself. The thought gains momentum and strength, eventually becoming powerful enough to become reality. Repetitious positive thoughts gradually replace and finally dominate the negative patterns of the conscious and subconscious minds.

8. INTENSITY
To be effective, we need to bring all of our attention and energy to our spiritual practice. Each method described in this book requires all of our heart, mind, might, and soul for maximum benefit. There must be sufficient intensity and concentration of feeling, thought, will, and faith to give the exercise—in this case, the affirmation—sufficient energy and power to make the necessary changes. If the affirmation is spoken without passion or planted in a restless, unfocused mind, it will have less power.

Muscles atrophy from lack of exercise. Similarly, those who have not been doing an inner workout weaken their powers of concentration and will, the tools necessary to break through the barriers of limitation into conscious possibility. With practice and repetition, our will power and concentration slowly grow.

As you strengthen your affirmation, be sure not to create tension by going too far. Calm concentration without tension increases the force of the thought. The goal is to repeat the affirmation as many times as you wish with calm concentration, deep feeling, and will. When you realize your attention has wandered, bring it back to the affirmation with as much focus as possible. Repeating the affirmation with increasingly intense concentration and feeling mobilizes healing power.

At first, our healing affirmations may be like sparks blowing in the wind with no apparent effect. With patient, persistent practice, these thoughts get stronger. They light healing power ablaze. Although it kindles slowly, if we keep adding affirmative fuel to the healing power, there will be a bonfire. Then the affirmation permeates our conscious and subconscious minds, every cell, fiber, molecule, and atom of our being, as well as surrounding space, eventually bringing into existence the very thing being affirmed.

9. FAITH
Life energy, operating the bodily cells, tissues, organs, and systems, has within it the power of healing. This brilliant power heals our cuts, bruises, colds, and other ailments without our action. We can trust it, and there is evidence that the more we trust it, the better it works. Affirmations are more effective when practiced with faith and belief. Doubt and insecurity undermine the authority of the new positive thought, and work against the life energy and healing power. For maximum benefit, perform your affirmation with faith, trust, and belief in its power to heal.

o THE TECHNIQUE FOR AFFIRMATIONS DURING PERIODS OF REST OR MEDITATION
o WHEN TO DO AFFIRMATIONS
o THE TECHNIQUE FOR AFFIRMATIONS DURING ACTIVITY
o THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRAYER AND AFFIRMATION
o WRITING AND RECORDING AFFIRMATIONS

• ►• THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRAYER AND AFFIRMATION

Affirmations and prayer are similar. In prayer, we seek help from our Higher Power. An affirmation is a statement of the prayer as though the result is already accomplished. For example, one might pray, “Lord, grant me even-mindedness under all conditions.” The corresponding affirmation would be, “I am even-minded under all conditions.”

Those who understand themselves to be co-creators and cooperators with their Higher Power can combine the use of prayer and affirmation. For example, it has often been said that God helps those who help themselves. When we work with affirmations, we are helping ourselves. Prayer is the request for God’s grace as a means of getting help with the problem.
…..Phillip Shapiro

This thread is focuses on Co-Creatorship. This is not a religious thread…because we are among many views & faiths. Though, it is one that is focused on the fact we do nothing totally alone, but must do our part.. … respectful of how you address your understanding of this Power.

POST 1 “ :

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      o ► Unity of Farmington Hills-affirmations
      Dear God,
      Let me never forget how important I am to the Universal picture. Without me there would be a blank space where there should be color.

Let me understand that the challenges of life are just that. They are not battles. I am not out there to win or lose, only to develop my skills as an ongoing student in an omnipotent school.

Let me understand that the differences between people are wondrous realities of an infinite Universe. Giving those differences space to be is far more important than comparing them to my set of beliefs.

Let me be proud of what I do. To whatever my hand touches, let me remind myself that it was my effort that added to the result. Perfection is not my goal. Creativity is. Let me remind myself that most of what I take seriously about myself also qualifies for a good laugh.

Let me remember to be kind to myself. Loving companions are one of life’s treats, but they are not responsible for my care. Self kindness can heal most any hurt.

Let me take responsibility as a gift, not a burden. Within that effort is the greatest sense of accomplishment I could achieve.

Let me be patient with life. Nature does not produce the flower before the roots have taken hold. If I recognize that the place I’m in is the right place at the right time, it will always be the right place at the right time.

Thank you, God. Amen

A Gregge Tiffen writing. edited to a prayer, by Barbara Clevenger

• ~~ ✰~~
  • ** ***~And It Is So~*** Affirmations
    Resolutions, Intentions & Affirmations for a Life Well-Lived by Mary J. Lore

• ~
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I feel balance, energy, happiness, enthusiasm, passion, triumph.
  • ~
    Take Your Life To a NEW Level of Awesome✰。˚

***Self-Care is a Practice of Remembering Your Goodness***

“I love that validation from science. You look at it and say, ‘Gosh, you know what, you are this powerhouse.’ It’s not ego. This is your spiritual essence and this is your body chemistry that supports your essence. This is who you came here to be.

And self-care is a practice of remembering your essence, your goodness. It is a practice of putting forward all the goodness you can possibly create in your own little powerhouse to light up the world around you.

“And if you have any doubt that you have this within you, you need to get over yourself as fast as possible.”

Rouse points to the science of mirror neurons that help us feel the feelings of others and the phenomenon of social contagion – the science of how feelings and moods spread within social groups.
to read article in its entirety (unfortunately can no longer locate this article)

Copyright © 2010 Science of Mind. All Rights Reserved.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The most destructive force you and I have – and the most constructive – is our own unconscious emotional and thinking and feeling state. Ernest Holmes

• ~

link~ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷAffirmations & Dr. Philip Shapiro unavailable link, WENT MISSING FOR AWHILE-GLAD TO SAY IT HAS RETURNED, THOUGH JUST IN CASESOME VERY VALUABLE PIECES ARE POSTED BELOW

• ~

AFFIRMATIONS

FOR SUCCESS IN WORK
o I am successful in all aspects of my work.
o I focus on completing one task at a time.
o I am calm, efficient, and productive.

FOR SUCCESS IN RELATIONSHIPS
o I am in harmony with all people.
o I contribute to the health and welfare of everyone I meet.
o I am understanding and compassionate, even when others are wrong and provocative.

FOR CULTIVATION OF SPIRITUAL QUALITIES
o I am at peace no matter what the world does.
o Compassion and kindness permeate my thoughts, feelings, and actions.
o Love is the great healer. I give Love and kindness to all I meet.

HEALING
o The infinitely intelligent healing power permeates every cell of my body.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power cleans my cells.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power eliminates debris.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power creates antibodies against disease-causing microbes.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power generates new cells where needed.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power energizes my body.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power relaxes my body.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power melts disease.
o The infinitely intelligent healing power coordinates all the activities of my body.

• ~

Who Is Dr. Shapiro ?”:http://www.philipshapiro.com/philabout.html
AFFIRMATIONS

Author of Healing Power

With gratitude & appreciation I present excerpts from a site once readily available by Dr. Philip Shapiro’s spiritual and informative site :
AFFIRMATIONS Section:
site is unavailable if located again, will post link
o The Power of Thought
o AFFIRMATIONS AND THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
Positive thoughts act like medicine released from the brain’s own pharmacy. This thought-medicine cannot do its work, however, if negative ideas, beliefs, or attitudes neutralize its healing power. When a positive affirmation is stated, there is often an attack of negative thoughts or beliefs, which emerge from their storage place in the subconscious.
o CREATING POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE AFFIRMATIONS
CREATING POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE AFFIRMATIONS

Affirmations work, but they may not work for you if they lack the necessary potency to take hold and grow. Following are some suggestions for creating effective healing affirmations.

1. DEFINE YOUR PROBLEM

2. DEFINE YOUR GOAL
Focus on your solution rather than the problem. Do not think so much of where you have been as of where you want to be. You become and attract what you intend. Your goals will become your new habits. For example, if you are working with disease, focus on health. For fear, invoke courage or bravery. For anger, try peace, patience, forgiveness, or gentleness. For weakness, try strength. For failure, try success.

3. PRESENT TENSE
State the affirmation in the present tense, as though the goal is already accomplished. You would not want to affirm, “I am going to be calm.” You would affirm, “I am calm.”

4. POSITIVE TERMS
State the affirmation in positive terms such as “I am calm,” not the negative “I am no longer anxious.”

5. INDIVIDUALIZE
Keep reworking the affirmation until it feels just right. For example, you may prefer “I remain even-minded under all conditions,” or “evenminded no matter the condition,” or simply a one-word affirmation: “even-minded.” When it feels right, it will fit the rhythm of your being perfectly.

6. VISUALIZATION
We can reinforce the power of our affirmation by associating it with a mental picture or visualization. In this way we can think, see, and feel the reality of the affirmation. For example, we can all imagine circumstances that make us nervous, angry, or agitated. We can rehearse these scenes in our minds by creating thoughts and pictures of ourselves remaining calm despite provocation. The more we rehearse, the more likely the subconscious and conscious minds will help us stay relaxed when the actual stressful condition arrives.

7. PRACTICE
Practice and repetition are most important. Without repetition, there can be no progress. Deeply embedded negative thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes have been around for a long time in the subconscious mind. When the brain cells are loaded up with thought habits that have to do with disease and limitation, it takes time to form thought circuits that have to do with health and possibility. We need to repeat affirmations continuously for chronic deeply embedded conditions, and we need to ignore an unchanged or contrary condition as we repeat the affirmation.

Many people give up early, not understanding the effort required or unwilling to do the work. Some habits, patterns, or conditions may change with ease, while others may take a long time to heal or replace. We need patience: it may take months, even years, to transform deeply ingrained habit patterns of thought, feeling, desire, or behavior. Perseverance is the magic of spiritual work.

The more we use positive affirmation, the quicker change occurs for the better. With continued practice, the affirmation takes on a life of its own. It repeats itself by itself. The thought gains momentum and strength, eventually becoming powerful enough to become reality. Repetitious positive thoughts gradually replace and finally dominate the negative patterns of the conscious and subconscious minds.

8. INTENSITY
To be effective, we need to bring all of our attention and energy to our spiritual practice. Each method described in this book requires all of our heart, mind, might, and soul for maximum benefit. There must be sufficient intensity and concentration of feeling, thought, will, and faith to give the exercise—in this case, the affirmation—sufficient energy and power to make the necessary changes. If the affirmation is spoken without passion or planted in a restless, unfocused mind, it will have less power.

Muscles atrophy from lack of exercise. Similarly, those who have not been doing an inner workout weaken their powers of concentration and will, the tools necessary to break through the barriers of limitation into conscious possibility. With practice and repetition, our will power and concentration slowly grow.

As you strengthen your affirmation, be sure not to create tension by going too far. Calm concentration without tension increases the force of the thought. The goal is to repeat the affirmation as many times as you wish with calm concentration, deep feeling, and will. When you realize your attention has wandered, bring it back to the affirmation with as much focus as possible. Repeating the affirmation with increasingly intense concentration and feeling mobilizes healing power.

At first, our healing affirmations may be like sparks blowing in the wind with no apparent effect. With patient, persistent practice, these thoughts get stronger. They light healing power ablaze. Although it kindles slowly, if we keep adding affirmative fuel to the healing power, there will be a bonfire. Then the affirmation permeates our conscious and subconscious minds, every cell, fiber, molecule, and atom of our being, as well as surrounding space, eventually bringing into existence the very thing being affirmed.

9. FAITH
Life energy, operating the bodily cells, tissues, organs, and systems, has within it the power of healing. This brilliant power heals our cuts, bruises, colds, and other ailments without our action. We can trust it, and there is evidence that the more we trust it, the better it works. Affirmations are more effective when practiced with faith and belief. Doubt and insecurity undermine the authority of the new positive thought, and work against the life energy and healing power. For maximum benefit, perform your affirmation with faith, trust, and belief in its power to heal.

o THE TECHNIQUE FOR AFFIRMATIONS DURING PERIODS OF REST OR MEDITATION
o WHEN TO DO AFFIRMATIONS
o THE TECHNIQUE FOR AFFIRMATIONS DURING ACTIVITY
o THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRAYER AND AFFIRMATION
o WRITING AND RECORDING AFFIRMATIONS
…..to read more from Dr. Phillip Shapiro [affirmation section] link

• ►• THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRAYER AND AFFIRMATION

Affirmations and prayer are similar. In prayer, we seek help from our Higher Power. An affirmation is a statement of the prayer as though the result is already accomplished. For example, one might pray, “Lord, grant me even-mindedness under all conditions.” The corresponding affirmation would be, “I am even-minded under all conditions.”

Those who understand themselves to be co-creators and cooperators with their Higher Power can combine the use of prayer and affirmation. For example, it has often been said that God helps those who help themselves. When we work with affirmations, we are helping ourselves. Prayer is the request for God’s grace as a means of getting help with the problem.
…..Phillip Shapiro

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

RELATED MATERIAL

An affirmation is a prayer offered to G-d, or the Divine Mind, in affirmative terms. For example, when the Psalmist affirms to G-d, he does not say: “O Lord, be my shepherd,” he affirms: “The Lord is my shepherd.” He does not say: “O Lord, relieve me from want,” but rather, “I shall not want.” The psalmist affirms that which he desires. He does not recite his prayer in statements of misery, there is no enumeration of suffering nor statement of unhappiness. by Reb Morris Lichtenstein

o ► Unity of Farmington Hills
I Release and Let go

I now release all
people, places, things,
experiences, and conditions,
which are not a part
of the divine pattern of my life.

All
people, places, things,
experiences and conditions,
which are not a part
of the divine pattern of my life,
release me.

I now attract all
people, places, things,
experiences and conditions
which are a part of
the divine pattern of my life.

All
people places, things,
experiences and conditions,
which are a part
of the divine pattern of my life,
attract me.

• ** affirmative prayer library
    There is one organizing Life-Force that propels life into expressing the one true reality. It is the energy of creation and it is always active. It is the eternal presence and Its nature is generosity and connection. All of life is interconnected by this natural pattern of perfection.

I am one with this Life-Force. Its creativity is active in me and it is also present and active in my livelihood.

I accept for myself a beautiful expression of right livelihood. I am drawn to activities that allow me to express my highest and best. I am richly rewarded for all of my efforts. I accept that right livelihood is coming into full manifestation in my life right now and I align myself with it. I declare that I know all that I need to know and I do all that I need to do to receive this good in my life right now.

I give thanks to the creative power within me and all around me for this realization of how it is already working in my life.

I release my word into the subjective aspect of the Divine that receives its impress and expresses it fully.

And So It Is

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 steps of Affirmative Prayer

• For those of you who use different words with affirmative prayer…proceed. While I did create the thread, we all relate to a Creator in our own way
    Affirmative Prayer (also known as Spiritual Mind Treatment) is a powerfully, life enhancing spiritual practice which brings about the truth for yourself and others and affirms what it is that you desire for your life. It is a powerful way of changing your negative thought patterns into more positive, spiritual ones. It works on changing and aligning all parts of ourselves.

We can do a treatment for ourselves as well as for others.

There are 5 steps to the process.

The first step is Recognition. Here we recognize the presence of God that is everywhere in the Universe and in everyone and everything.

(I recognize that God/Spirit is in and through everything. There is no place that God is not).

The second step is Unification. Here we are knowing that the presence of God, Spirit, the Divine (whatever term you prefer to use to describe this presence) is present within your own being, and if doing a prayer treatment for someone else, knowing that the presence of this Divine Essence is in their being as well.

(I am one with Spirit).

The third step is Realization. This is an affirmation step where we affirm what it is we desire in our lives, and affirm this as if it is already happening, in the use of present tense affirmations. We are bringing in the feeling and the knowing that this is already occurring and seeing it happening right now!!

(I affirm, claim and know that I am healthy, whole and complete on every level).

The fourth step is Gratitude. Here we give thanks for all that is occurring for us right now. We acknowledge and give thanks for what we have affirmed.

(I am grateful for the healing and wholeness that is occurring for me right now).

The fifth step is Release. Here we release all we have affirmed to God/ the Universe knowing that it is already done and complete.

(I release this to God knowing this is all taken care of in the Mind of God.).
We finish our treatment by affirming ,

AND SO IT IS.

AMEN.

Positive thinking is an important step to creating a life you love, but it may not be enough, according to psychologist Dr. Marc Schoen in the March issue of Science of Mind. In the article, “Healing Our Lives, Overcoming Our Fears,” Schoen says in addition to repeating affirmations, we must connect with feelings of gratitude and joy. Focusing on these positive feelings helps us open to the power of greater good in our lives, he says. Dr. Ernest Holmes often talked about the importance of embodying our prayers and affirmations with strong, positive emotions. How wonderful that almost 100 years later, science is proving Holmes right. Science of Mind Archives

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A teacher, writer, and lecturer; Dr. Holmes founded the Science of Mind philosophy in 1927, and regularly appeared on television and radio. His signature saying, “There is a power greater than you in the universe, and you can use it,” became well known over the years. By taking a clear and simple approach in researching the wisdom of the ages from many disciplines, Ernest Holmes developed a practical, spiritual approach to living an abundant life and created the Science of Mind. Since early 1900’s, the Science of Mind Textbook has been the cornerstone to Religious Science churches around the world.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Ernest Holmes
DR. ERNEST HOLMES (January 21, 1887 – April 7, 1960) is known to millions as a great leader and teacher; and to even more as the author of many inspirational books and tapes, such as CREATIVE MIND, THIS THING CALLED LIFE, and THE SCIENCE OF MIND (in 1926 and revised the text in 1938 to create an edition that has since been published in several languages)..
…author of numerous other books on metaphysics and originated the international Science of Mind magazine, which has been in continuous publication since 1927
The Secrets of Belief – By Ernest Holmes

Around 1956 …Dr. Ernest Holmes

I know there is a Power for Good which is responding to me and bringing into my experience everything that is necessary to my unfoldment, to my happiness, to my peace, to my health, and to my success. I know there is a Power for Good that enables me to help others and to bless the whole world.

So I say quietly to myself: There is one Life, that Life is God, that Life is perfect, that Life is my Life now. It is flowing through me, circulating in me. I am one with Its rhythm. My heart beats with the pulsation of the Universe, in serenity, in peace, and in joy. My whole physical being is animated by the Divine Spirit, and if there is anything in it that does not belong, it is cast out because there is One Perfect Life in me now. Excerpted from Living the Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content