login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Cyber Bullying

I watched a disturbing program last night on children bullying and cyber bullying. 4Corners

My kids are little and don’t have access computers or mobiles, but soon enough they will be teenagers where it leaves the parents control. Do you have teenagers in your life and are you frightened of what they are doing online when you think they are safe at home?

Bullying is the saddest thing and my heart goes out to children & families that experience it. They said around 10% of Aussie kids have experienced cyber bullying, 25% of UK kids & 50% of American kids!

I love Bmindful because people are always kind, but have you ever been on some sites where people are very nasty to other opinions, I stay away from that, and have found reading something positive daily makes for a better day.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

My older two (ages 21 & 18) were the victims of some nasty stuff. Mostly it happened in game chat rooms where they were playing online games. A lot of name calling and some “colorful” language that I didn’t approve of. They were limited to the time on the internet after that…while they were with me. They had different rules when they were with their dad, though. He wasn’t concerned at all. He taught them about privacy and anonymity, etc.

My youngest three (with my current husband) are only on the internet under 100% watchful parental eyes and extremely limited. I don’t think they will get the freedom that my older ones had. I’m not comfortable with the content they can accidentally run across – let alone the people!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

my little sister goes to Pennant Hills High School which is in the bible belt of Sydney (home to a Christian cult called Hillsong) she often gets cyber bullied because of her outspoken atheistic beliefs

one time two girls were on an MSN conversation with my sister saying “why don’t you believe in Jesus, don’t you know Jesus loves you? if you don’t believe in Jesus you will spend all of eternity rotting in hell” and shit like that (probably parroting their parents) so i jumped onto the keyboard and had a little fun with them by introducing them to a guy called Nietzsche and asking “if God is so powerful and omnipotent could she create a burrito so hot that she herself could not eat?”

for the record i have nothing against Christianity, but using the school ground to proselytizing kids borders on the abhorrent.

It’s nice for your sister to have someone cool to stick up for her!

Boring me would just say ‘switch off the email/MSN/phone etc’ but I’m told it is like the kids social lifeblood and they can’t switch off. I’m only 35 and this kind of thing makes me feel OLD.

We were no angels when teenagers, being naughty, getting drunk etc, but at least there was no one filming it & putting it on Youtube!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content