login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Are you mindful of time

Time in a bottle

If I only Had Time

A time for us

“every single moment you are writing the story of your life”

Has your view of time changed since you became more mindfull in your life ?

Are you aware of how you use your time ?

Are you making changes in what you give your time to ?

Carpe diem

Since I really started focusing on gratitude this year I am looking at time slightly differently .
I have always been thankful for the gift of this life and believe it is not my only one but recently became very aware of the gift of time .

“ You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body”

and this body has a finite amount on earth like all of us .Due to health challenges there has been a lot I was unable to do and now I’m healing I do get impatient with myself and tell myself I have not done enough .It is another of lifes lessons and while my body has had to rest my soul has been learning ,growing and experiencing so much .

It has been a long period of learning to love myself again ,giving myself the same patience as I give to everyone else ,listening to those inner whispers from the universe and Mother Earth.

Until recently I used to wish I could get my old self back but can see now that was limited thinking .I have learnt no time or experience is ever wasted and as we are entering into the “Age of Aquarious“and as I would love to work as a healer my time in contemplation ,resting and living with pain and restrictions has given me empathy and understanding .It is preparation for what is to come .

It is time I stop berating myself for being “lazy” when I can’t lift things,“wasting time “ when I need to sit down and “doing nothing “ on the days when I do the minimum – care for pets,washing ,cooking ,dishes and supporting /accompanying my daughter .

Life is like a giant classroom ,we are given so many opportunities to learn and it is up to us which we choose .

“In the West we have a tendency to be profit-oriented, where everything is measured according to the results and we get caught up in being more and more active to generate results. In the East — especially in India — I find that people are more content to just be, to just sit around under a banyan tree for half a day chatting to each other. We Westerners would probably call that wasting time. But there is value to it. Being with someone, listening wihtout a clock and without anticipation of results, teaches us about love. The success of love is in the loving — it is not in the result of loving. ”
― Mother Teresa, A Simple Path: Mother Teresa

One of the kindest gifts we can share is our time ,to listen to an elder and help them feel valued and respected,to tell a child a story which chases away tears ,to take the dog for a walk round the woods ,to call on a friend and stay a while ,to be there for our loved ones when they need our presence .

“I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.”
― Louise L. Hay

“the golden key“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KohD6EtWdfo:

“Observe for yourself how much of the time you measure how well you are doing in regard to your destination while ignoring how you really feel in the moment. Where are all the actual minutes, hours, and days of your life? Do they wait for you at some destination, or are they rapidly passing right now? Ask yourself, would you rather have a feeling of happiness in the moment-to-moment experience of your life, or in a few big bang-up episodes upon reaching various goals? You know the final destination of the physical body is decay and death, so why would you choose to measure your life by endings when all the experience, the felt sense of being alive, is in the journey?”

this is by buddhist teacher Phillip Moffitt on Jen Loudens site

With respect to healing,doing nothing is what the body needs.Because the body and the way it heals itself is at max capacity when still,that,s why animals don,t eat when sick,so they can put all there resources towards healing,and the digestive system is not useing vital energies,that the healing system can use to heal.So if the body is interested in healing,doing nothing is actually doing something.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to chakracolors’s post:
thanks chakracolors,our bodies are telling us what the need all the time aren’t they.

only time

ya I recently was introduced to the flu,rest and fluids was the cure,good thing is my healing antibodies now probably have a reference code for whatever that illness was.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content