login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Chat★Blocks of Time

TIME Are you satisfied with how you view time and what you consistently seem to do with it? Do you look at time as something that needs constant review and assessment? Are those you love, and the things you really care about getting enough quality and/or quantity of time from you?

Do you find time to have great fun? Is it semi-consistent with all of the work you do? Do you find time to work, and is it consistent with all of the fun? Anotherwards, feeling the balance? Do you create blocks of time to eat your frogs or beyond frog-eating, do you simply make sure you’re tending to areas that really make a difference in your life; even the time to just ‘be’?

On that note, running out of time; need to get ready for work(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Aaah, On The Road is an amazing book! I should probably read that again soon (I’ll add it to the huge list of books I’m currently reading and plan to read soon lol)

I set aside blocks of time. I find it’s much easier to eat a frog if you’re ONLY eating frogs. If you’re flicking from one task to the other (multitasking) then the tendency is to spend more time on other tasks and never actually get around to the frog.

As mentioned in the current focus thread my focus is finding that balance. I definitely better than I was, but of course it’s a lifelong project :P Creating habits helps, but nearly every day asks for a different split.

Today I have to take time of work because I haven’t gone rock climbing in nearly three weeks. :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I’m often writing down timetables to try and get my life-work-study balance right. And it all works fine for a few days then I get terribly exhausted and end up doing nothing.

I’m trying something new just now. As I write a time plan, I’m also writing in rest breaks, say 5-10 minutes of just lying down and shutting my eyes and breathing. And I’m writing these breaks in where practical say every 1 to 2 hrs. This is still a work in progress but I need to try a different approach because the old way wasn’t sustainable.

This came about after reading an article about the “great minds of history” where it said they didn’t work for long stetches at a time, as is the habit of the modern way of living, and took long breaks, walks etc. Can’t remember where I found the article, but the point was that the geniuses didn’t work for too long at a time, and took time away from their work and did different things.

And my Bmindful allocated block is just about up for today so bye for now!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

related thread -Precious Time & Energy 

This thread is from 2009

and bringing it current, please join me some time(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content