login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Shielding

Hi Everyone

In another thread, I introduced the subject of shielding. As we discussed it a bit, someone suggested that I start a thread about this subject. I thought that was a wonderful idea because I really think that this practice may help many of you here. This is a very big topic, so my plan is to try to keep it specific to people who are using affirmations. If you have questions apart from that, then feel free to either post them, visit my page and/or message me there, or private message me.

The main resources I am using here are my own experience with doing this and teaching this as well as the following books:
“Psychic Self-Defense” by Dion Fortune
“The Art of Psychic Protection” by Judy Hall
“The Witch’s Shield” by Christopher Penczak

So, how can shielding help a person who seeks to live out their life through positive affirmations? I think that can best be answered by the seekers themselves. I would venture to guess that most people seeking out this type of community are doing so in order to create happiness, peace and joy in their life. If you are like me, your past life was filled with negativity. You wanted to make your life better so you sought out a way that would help you think more positively. Then you found this wonderful place and here you are learning to think positively.

Before I go on, let me say that one of the first things you need to do is examine your thoughts and understand them. Next start to tear the lies apart and begin to change them to positive thoughts. I would not like you to shield until you go through this process.

So let’s move on to shielding and it’s benefit to you. Shielding can act as a filter for you so that negativity doesn’t enter into your mind. Just like filters in a computer program, you can adjust them to filter only what you want to filter and to let the rest in. We will discuss this later…………

So, those are the very basics and I will stop now but I will add to it as my time and your interest allows. I would love to hear your comments about what you think about what I said and your experience with shielding if you have any.

Blessings
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

hi morgandy ,thanks for your lovely post about shielding .I definatly need to change some of my thoughts first especially as im healing a long standing depression ,the gloomy thoughts visit way too often .Started reading my list of affimations daily and it fills me with a feeling of peace ,hope and direction .
love flowergirl

thanks for the thread morgandy…. can you say more about understanding your thoughts…. I have been reading a book by Louise Hay and have had a huge misconception blown wide open…. I see a bunch of work ahead of me…. is that the kinda thing you are talking about? Kathy

Hi Everyone

I will post more to this thread soon. Tonight if I have time. I had thought no one was interested and then I was computerless for a little while, so forgive me for not being here sooner.

Thanks
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Hi All

Flowergirl, shielding may be helpful. It may help you shield out negative messages that others currently send you. That would take a load off you. Shielding cannot filter out messages you have already accepted as yours. Affirmations need to do that.

Kathy, I have read some of Louise’s work but I am not sure exactly what you are referring to. But I will try to answer your question as best as I can. In regard to examining your thoughts, I think that this is something we all have to do in order to go from thinking negatively to thinking positively. How this relates to shielding has more to do with our current thoughts. Are the thoughts we are thinking today from our own inner voice or are we thinking about that negative thing one of our co-workers said to us that morning. I am talking about negative thoughts here. Once we realize that some of these things come from our current situation, we will realize that shielding from them will be helpful and it will tell us what type of shield we need for each situation. More later on different types of shields, but if you have a particular situation that you badly need to shield from the private message me and I will help you with that. I also want you to realize that this negativity is simply lies as well. This is also basic to becoming a positive thinker.

You are right. There is a lot of work ahead of you but it is so worth it. After you learn to be positive in all areas of your life, then you just have to maintain it and that is not so much work. But the best rewards are that you will feel so much better about yourself and your life and you will find your life filled with abundance of love, joy, and many other good things. All the things you deserve will be yours for the thinking.

I have set it high on my priority list to post another installment of shielding by the end of this weekend. So look for it soon.

Blessings
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Hi Everyone

Here is my second installment about how to shield. I hope it is helpful.

A shield is basically a thought form that we create with our minds. Many of us already shield and we don’t even realize it. Normally, when we do this without intention, we erect a shield that is inappropriate for the situation at hand. There are three main problems I find when people shield unconsciously. They all cause us to have problems forming and maintaining relationships.

First, we may shield too strongly. This normally causes us to keep the energy in our environment out and blocks any emotions or attachments to other people. In other words, it disconnects us from relationships and keeps others out.

Second, we may not shield at all or enough. This has the effect of letting every thought and all the energy of others bombard us with information. Much of it may be negative. For some of us, like me, cannot take that and it may actually make us sick at worst. At the least, we begin to think negative thoughts, become tired, and simply want to become a recluse. We want to shout, please don’t talk to me now. We may become angry.

Third, we may shift between the two. That makes us feel crazy. I personally think that bipolar people would do well to learn to shield and that it would help them. I’m not saying to go off your meds, but shielding would probably help. And other people who aren’t bipolar may feel like they have no anchor and are shifting in the wind. Yuck! You feel out of control.

So, we will talk about shielding soon, but first we need to talk about grounding and centering. I’m sure that many of you already know about that but for those that don’t, I will suggest a few ways to do that. However, you need to understand that this is essential for creating an effective shield. You must ground and center.

One way to ground and center is to center by noticing where your vision is coming from. If you imagine in your head that you are standing in front of a picture window looking out, then make sure you are looking out of the center of it. Make sure your soul and spirit are there too and that your spirit is not somewhere outside your body. This may sound strange to some people here. But many people, like me, spend a fair amount of time slightly out of our body. It is called dissociation. Next ground by stomping on the floor and maybe even slapping the floor with your hands. You might also dig your feet into the dirt or sand or even just walk on the earth.

Another way is to imagine yourself as a tree. Imagine your feet rooting into the ground and as it does so the negative energy drains from you. When all of the negativity is drained, take as long as you need to, Imagine positive energy filling up your whole being and body and coming out of your head. Do that until you feel you are centered and your normal amount of energy is present.

You can also put a tube from your core into the ground. Let it reach the magma in the center of the earth then anchor but make sure it’s flexible so it moves easily with you. Call your full birth name up from the center of the earth into the tube and into you three times. Next drain all of your negativity into the center of the earth and let it burn there. It will create more fuel there. Next call up the energy from there through you. It becomes white light and is not hot. Let the white light fill you up. Take as long as you need to.

There are many other ways of grounding and centering. It will become quicker to do the more you do it. Try different ways of doing it and see what works for you. You will find that just grounding and centering will make you feel better. Next time we will discuss making a basic shield.

Blessings
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Thank you Morgandy these are great visualizations!

Hi Everyone

Here is shielding discussion Three

I’m sure that there are many basic shields out there but I like, and teach, the bubble shield. It is not only very simple, but it is beautiful and easy to customize depending on the purpose it needs to serve. Also, because it is simple, it can be customized on the fly and the permutations of it are truly endless.

But before we create our first shield, let me just make one comment lest I forgot to say this before. A shield is like having a boundary, but it is in the soulish or spiritual sense and is on that plane. However, it still works very strongly on this plane. Once you try it you will understand.

So, what is a bubble shield? It truly is simply a bubble you create around your body. In fact, this may be much the same as you see your boundaries on earth. And don’t we all have different boundaries with different people or groups of people? Those that we are intimate with may even invade our boundaries, but acquantances have to keep their distance. And don’t you feel kind of slimed when someone oversteps their boundaries with you?

Just a quick word for those of you who have no boundaries or are learning to develop boundaries, what you learn here about shielding will help you a lot. Let me know how I or the community can give you support in this by using your affirmations.

To form a bubble shield, most people use visualization through meditation, but you can experiment with what feels comfortable to you. At first you will have to do this through much intention. Eventually, you can do it on the fly.

So after you ground and center, start to feel yourself in a spiritual way. Where does your being truly begin and end? I bet that part of the meditation will surprise you because I doubt that any of you begin or end where your physical body does. Once you are conscious of that determine if this is how far you want to extend beyond your body. If not, but back.

Next, visualize a transparent substance starting to flow over you and envelope you. Some people like to imagine water or white light. Once it envelopes you, let it become more like a soap bubble that doesn’t pop. Remember those old bubbles that didn’t pop tat they had in, oh, I don’t know, the 1960’s? Like them. They are still translucent and flexible so they move with you.

Now you are ready to sense the bubble. Is it a comfortable fit? Really. This is like Goldilocks and The Three Bears. It can’t be too big. It can’t be too small. It has to be just right.

So, a word about that. I am quite comfortable with a fairly tight bubble most of the time. This is because my life is mostly an open book and I am mainly in supportive environments where I can let people in fairly close. This is an advantage because it takes less energy to support a small shield as opposed to a really large shield. So just know that bigger isn’t necessarily better. Try to fine tune your shields over time to work for you.

Next, try your new shield out in the real world to see how it works for you. Fine tune it a bit if you need to.
This may seem like a lot, but in the long run it will save you a lot in time and energy. It will also save you a lot in not having to put up with as much negative energy.

Keep practicing this basic shield and fine tuning it until we discuss modifications. If you have a basic shield that is well practiced and working well for you, you will find you have a good foundation for modifying it. Just like a house, a good foundation is key for everything and will mean that your shields serve you well for a good long time.

But having said that, I think we will discuss shield maintenance and repair next time. This will give everyone a longer time to practice their basic shields. It is also because shield repair and maintenance is soooo very important to successful shielding in the long run.

Until next time…

…Happy Shielding

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Hi Everyone

Now on to Shielding Discussion #4

Now that we can construct a basic shield, let’s talk about shield repair and maintenance. Think about your shield as a traveling abode that goes with you where ever you go. It is exposed to many different circumstances. Some may be happy, but some may be stormy and buffet or wear at your shield. Just like a house has to be maintained and sometimes repaired, so does your shield. Most people do the repair and maintenance the same way that they create their shield. Usually this is by grounding and centering then meditating.

Maintenance should be done at least daily. Just like you pick things up and do the dishes at the end of the day, you need to clean and declutter your shield. Do you take a shower or bath every day? Then that might be a perfect time to check on your shield. If you meditate, then during that time, take a look at your shield. If you’ve had a lot of negative thoughts that day, you may need to declutter the inside of your shield, especially if it is a shield that doesn’t let things out of it.

Once you’ve done that, it’s time to check the outside of your shield. You may find things from other people attached to it. Take them off and get rid of them unless it’s something you want there. If it is a cord that tethers you to someone, be gentle when you pull it off because they may feel it. Also, send the message through that cord that it is not welcome back. Of course, that is if you don’t want the cord there.

Repairing your shield is done the same way as maintaining it, but it involves looking for more serious problems. This should probably be done once a week but occasionally you may need an emergency repair. Using the example of a house again, this is sort of like that weekend “honey do” list. Look for more serious problems like cracks, tears, and things that need to be remodeled or replaced. This is also a good time to think about how well your shield or shields served you the past week and how to improve them. Once you see what the problem is, you will know what project(s) you need to do. This is also a good time to do a deeper cleaning than you did during the week just like you more thoroughly clean your house on the weekend.

Well, practice this until next time. Please note, I am writing these as I go along and I work full time in a demanding job. That is why I can’t always post as often as I’d like to. If you message me, I do try to answer those within a day and anyone is welcome to message me. I am trying to post a new lesson every week but can’t always do it. So please accept my apologies.

So, until next time…

…Happy Shielding
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content