login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Let's chat some more on HEALING FOODS

One of my favorite sites, World’s Healthiest Foods has great stuff on just about every healthy food. Please view

The above URL is on kiwi’s, but you can search for many other delicious foods and get their nutritional values.

I know we’ve all heard the value of eating fruits and veggies; though, just like affirmations-good reinforcement with information (even if you’ve heard the facts a few times before) can bring about good taste and good feelings for all of your healthy choices as you continue to eat well.. Love this sort of thing(smiles)!

Please post articles and ideas re:healing foods.

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

Here I have attached an article on WATER

http://www.essortment.com/all/waterbodyhealt_rive.htm

I believe that water is one of MOST important healing foods/beverages. Our bodies are made up of water, without water we would die. We can survive without food for many weeks but without water we cant. I have attached an article which stood out to me while I was searching on the net. I have been drinking water for 4 years now, that is all I drink. I dont drink tea, milo, coffee, WATER is my get up and go and I love it! It is so refreshing, my skin is so smooth and silky, I feel it swimming through my body and I am reassured that ALL OF ME is getting cleanised and the toxins are expelling from my body! WATER is IMPORTANT!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I drink wine/spirits once a year, on my birthday lol, been 1st of January I thought abit of tipsyness wont hurt me. I dont know what I would do with out water. When you think about it, every living thing on this earth drinks WATER, they need water to survive. Plants, animals, insects, mammels, gosh Ive feel goosebumbs!

This world is absolutely amazing!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree!! You know, since I took my kids off of commercial juice and other beverages and switched to water, I think they are much less hyper and concentrate in school better. My goal is to treat myself as kindly and healthy as I do the rest of my family!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Awesome Meditatingmama! I totally agree with you. Water gives you a Natural High and to me that is the best high ever! I would rather have my children on a high like that than an commercial one. There is so much junky beverages out there. My kids have been drinking water for the same time as myself, our bottles of water are with us 24/7. The only time they drink fizzy drinks is on their birthdays. Which hardly gets touched anyways lol, they always want their water.

I have the philosophy which is similar to yours which is I treat the rest of my family as healthy as I do to myself.

I agree with everyone about water. This might be a silly question, but is Sparkling (unflavored) mineral water just as healthy as filtered water? For whatever reason, I feel really great w/the water I’ve been getting lately.

I Am the

In response to laurie’s post:
I heard somewhere that sparkling mineral water contains lots of sodium, nearly as much as carbonated soft drinks. I haven’t confirmed this but if you are looking for fizz soda water seems to be a better choice

Here’s an article called Three spices that could save your life and another one from the same blog called Three ways to power up with water

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Also, I just this in one of my sign-up-for-everything email accounts.

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so
weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism
as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for
almost all of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

For a good nutritious meal planning site click here

I Am the

I’ve been drinking cocoa, just pure cocoa powder mixed with hot water. No sugar. It’s a nourishing drink and good for you. I am curing the hypertension I was diagnosed with a couple of months ago.

I also heard red wine is good :) And lots of fruit and vegies to balance out the electrolytes.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
I have no problem drinking red wine lol! always looking for good reasons as to why I ‘need’ to drink it :)

In response to melt86’s post:

Ah Mel :) The problem with me is that I don’t really like red wine, so I bought some red grape juice today to see how that goes.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
articles on properties in foods like grapes, instead of drinking the wine.

From World’s Healthiest Food’s site:

“In summary, just about the only practical way to consume more resveratrol is to eat more red grapes and to enjoy an occasional glass of red wine. Remember that the resveratrol is concentrated in the skin of the grape, so don’t waste your time peeling your grapes before you eat them. Also, non-alcoholic red wine appears to have as much resveratrol as its alcohol-containing counterpart. Here are a few quick ways to enjoy grapes:

Frozen grapes are delicious as a snack treat.
Serve stewed and spiced grapes with poached chicken breast for a light and healthy entrée.
Grapes are a wonderful addition to any fruit salad. For an enhanced visual effect, consider using a few different varieties of grapes.
Give your curries a fruity punch by including fresh grapes in the recipe.
Add sliced grapes to mixed green salads.
Serve an elegant, yet simple, snack of grapes and low-fat organic cheese”

info 1

info 2

info 3

I Am the

Great site from Whole Foods – A Vegetable Guide

I Am the

I love red and green grapes! I could a whole kilogram lol! I’ve never had frozen ones though, i might try this next time i buy them. Thanks for the tip :)

That’s a fantastic guide. Thanks Laurie! I’ll be definitely adding some new veges to my shopping list now :)

In response to melt86’s post:
You’d love frozen grapes! It’s a delicious healthy tiny popsicle!
And frozen bananas are very good too.

-> I also use frozen grapes and/or frozen bananas and/or frozen strawberries in my smoothies too, in place of ice cubes.

I Am the

Speaking of healing foods, has anyone gone on a raw diet? I’ve strayed away from healthy eating lately (my darling husband is gone and I’m stuck fending for myself) and I need to get back to feeling good. I stink at cooking, so I was wondering if a Raw Diet (though modified, because I am a very middle of the road person) would help me get back to some decent nutrition.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’ve been on a raw diet once- for 4 months. I got a lot out of it, but it totally unbalanced me mentally. I think I wasn’t in a strong space to start with though!

I’m considering going back on a 80% raw diet soon. It’s not that difficult. I rather enjoyed it.

Focus

I’m happy to hear that its not so “out there”. How do you do the 80% raw? I’d love to hear more.

I subscribe to a vegan blog who eat raw one day every week. The dinners they have are amazing, creative and look delicious! Beyond that I haven’t looked into it much. I know it goes way beyond just eating raw carrots, fruit and nuts though. and meal planning is important as if you are going to dehydrate something it can take all day.
Freya, I think there is a consensus here for you to share lol :)

I think when considering a raw food plan, a person might consider where he or she lives and the season of the year. The energy of raw foods works better for me when it’s warm out! Since I live in the north, I eat more cooked foods in the winter and more raw in the summer. Seems to work better.

enjoyed rereading these posts

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

cantalope

What's New and Beneficial About Cantaloupe

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

sunchlorellausa.com  1 800 829 2828 

I guarantee it.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

I know a meat free diet isn't for everyone, but seriously its the most loving, healthy thing you can do for your body and the animals will thank you too :)

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Fresh spinach and carrot juice with fresh orange juice is excellent for teeth and your gums. 

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content