login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Vision Boxes?

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forums and was hoping to get some feedback from more experienced folks. Rather than create vision boards with my daughter who is almost 4, we create vision boxes. I recently posted an article about them on BellaOnline: Vision Boards to Vision Boxes

Has anyone else ever done these before? Any suggestions on the best way to create either vision boards or boxes with young children?

Thank you!

Blessings,
Deb. S.

I liked the idea of being able to put money in the box… children need to learn from an early age there are threethings you can do with money…. spend it, save it or give it away… they need to be given the op to do all three… kathy

My kids and I did Vision Boxes as a fun summer project. They were amazed at their successes. What we did was get some regular boxes and decorate them with beads, stickers, etc. They cut out pictures of things they wanted that my husband and I were not going to buy them. They had to acquire these things for themselves. Of course, we made them put in intangible things to – like “I enjoy the company of my brother.” “I am getting good grades.” and things like that.

Just the other day, I opened up the boxes and looked inside. My son had drawn a picture of a cockatiel that he really wanted. I said NO BIRDS in the house. Well, Guess what? The very cockatiel that he wanted is in our living room as I write this. It turns out that there was one on Craigslist that he could afford and his dad let him have it. He purchased it all on his own. But, he had many pictures of that bird in his box… and the one he got was just like it.

For my daughter, she had a toy that was very expensive and not one I was likely to purchase for her. She got that toy as a gift for Christmas from an auntie – who had no idea that she was wanting it.

We were so excited about the success rate they had that we renewed it with the goals…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
MM – Thats is soooooo sweet. You are such a remarkable mother. I hope to one day take some motherhood lessons from you. The way you educated and nurture your children and guide their development is so inspiring.

So pleased your son got that cockateel too. What a wonderful lesson and achievement that must have been. Your children are blessed to have a mother like you that teaches them the value of things, but doesnt put restriction in their path. Learn to earn….and reap what you sow. How brilliant!!!
xx

A full and thankful heart..

You are so sweet, Anoushka! I am so happy that our paths have crossed. Can you believe it has been over a year already???? BIG HUGS!!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Was just thinking about that too. Wow! what a year it has been and it is NO coincidence that you crossed my path this past year. It has been the most eventful year of my life and I believe much of it has been due to wonderful people like yourself and inspiration I have gained here on this forum.
Big hugs back atcha!!!! x

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content