login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★A handy time saving tip

As you might have noticed by my almost complete absence from the site over this last week or so, I’ve been totally flooded with a million things that need doing.

I still like to keep up to date though (not with News, but with information relevant to my current projects) and thus, as always, I have a lot of reading to do.

Luckily, my Mac came to the rescue! If you’re using a Mac/Apple computer, then you have access to a handy program called “Summarize” which you can use to literally summarize text!

This little tool has saved me hours today!

Find, select and copy the large amount of text that you need/want to read, open up TextEdit (The built in text editor that comes with your Mac) and paste in the text. Then go back to the menu, and click Edit / Select All.

Click on the bold “TextEdit” item in the menu (near the top left of the screen) go to the Services item and then click on “Summarize”.

You can drag the slider at the bottom of the screen left or right to reveal more or less information. Start near the left and see if you can still get the important points out of the article. If you can’t then gradually drag the slider towards the right hand side of the screen to reveal more and more information until you can get the gist of the text.

A very handy little tool that I had almost completely forgotten about. If I didn’t have so much work to do I might never have remembered it, but I’ll be using it a lot more now that I’ve begun using it again!

Mac users, I hope this little tip saves you some time :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I used summarize on your post :) It kinda didn’t work, but I can see the use for this service :)

Focus

yeah it isn’t perfect :P If the ‘summarized’ article was interesting then I’ll usually skim over the full text one more time to make sure I didn’t miss anything :P

Still very handy though!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

yeah i love my mac, firstly i can’t install any games on it so i don’t waste time that way and secondly it isn’t always crashing like my old PC…

for those that don’t have a mac, you may like this online summarizing freebie(:

I Am living a Divine plan

I agree SMMRY is a great tool for summarizing text, the link is http://smmry.com though.

Thank you morgano(:

and Welcome to Bmindful! Glad you’re here(:

I Am living a Divine plan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content