login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★★Stepping Back Well

related threads coming soon

Discuss the relevance of this for you.

7cb3eef4cfa2e58df3df68a58dd7a4c0.jpg

It is my belief many do not experience their everyday miracles (as completely as they are desiring), because they become  focused on  interpreting each experience, and do not give the wonder in each moment its opportunity to shine in their spirit.

Or...

some interpretation simply cuts off wonderful open-ended possibilities.

I believe we've all encountered this lesson at some time.(:  I  feel this when i am not  stepping back far enough (and do that interpreting-thing) ...my flow feels 'stagnant' 'stuck' or 'against the grain'

This is not to say that we will not observe/will not notice/will not experience contrast.

It is saying -when you see a tree... it can just be tree. 

You are not the tree...you do not take on its limbs, or lack of. You have your own roots, limbs and growth patterns. And the more we step back and allow, the more we can bring on the incredible powerful new, the 'we've not yet met' view(:

This belief that we are stepping back and allowing can feel like we are doing this when things are going the way we desire or we are liking our interpretations.

It can also occur when something shows up that wasn't part of our plan.

When this happens I like to feel a bit like the wave in the ocean when it is breaking ...while simultaneously being able to  step back, desiring to take it for a ride.

I love affirmations which declare & feel the freedom:

I Am feeling a great deal of freedom within a set of choices I Am now allowing.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

{capsule version}

Action Steps: getting unstuck 

1. Frame your challenge
2. Draw upon what is working by examining your strengths, your values and what you have done in previous situations to help you out of another challenge. 
3. Create your Ideal, translate it into a Vision and an intention.
4. Come up with a mantra to remind you of your vision.
5. Every day, commit to a small action to prove that you are moving towards your Ideal and remind yourself what is working. 
6. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

© Astrid Baumgardner 2012

about the author: Astrid Baumgardner, JD, PCC is a professional life coach and lawyer, Coordinator of Career Strategies and Lecturer at the Yale School of Music and the founder and President of Astrid Baumgardner Coaching + Training, which is dedicated to helping musicians, lawyers and creative professionals take charge of their lives and experience authentic success. In addition to her work at YSMand her individual coaching practice, Astrid presents workshops at leading conservatories and law firms on topics including Career Planning, Goal-Setting, Time Management, Dynamic Communication, Conflict Management and Personal Branding and Networking. She is the author of numerous articles on the various aspects of how to achieve and live authentic success.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content