login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★A life worth living

How do you create the life you really want?

First of all, let me tell you, it really is possible. I don’t care who you are, or what you’ve been through, or what you going through now, it’s really possible, probably not all at once, but surely incrementally, it’s possible for you to create the life you really want.

For starters.

I might as well start with this fundamental, because you’re really going to have to get this one right (or at least better) in order for you to not only begin, but to sustain, creating the life you really want.

You must start feeling better about yourself.

And i do not just mean thinking better thoughts about yourself (although that’s definately a good place to start) i mean, you really need to start feeling better about yourself. Why is this?

Because we feel what we believe, so if you’re not feeling good feelings about yourself, it means you must be believing things about yourself that are not good for you (or anyone else for that matter)

It really does start with improving how you feel about yourself.

You really need to come to love yourself, but if that’s too much, just start by finding things, anything, to even just like yourself a bit more.

In fact, many years ago, i came across a teacher who told me to tell myself at all times ‘I like myself very much’ Now at the time i couldn’t understand why that was so important, but i’m sure you’ll figure it out just as i did.

Start to like yourself a little more, no matter what. Come up with nicer, kinder, more uplifting thoughts about yourself, even if they aren’t easy for you.

As unbelievable as it may seem to you now, the truth is, you are deserving, worthy and capable of experiencing the life you really want.

The life you really want is POSSIBLE.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I know you don’t need anyone to tell you… though felt like sharing…wonderful thread Robert(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I recorded an audio for myself today. It is about 30 minutes long. One of the things I wanted was something that would help me focus on my priorities. There are times when we need to take inventory and see if we are actually putting time into our priorities.

I have been listening to meditation and affirmation stuff lately when I go to bed. There is a lot of stuff on youtube – I usually open two instances of youtube and have one playing affirmations and another tab playing rain sounds or wind sounds or something like that. I mention this because even though there are lots of affirmation videos there, I find most of them lacking – at least for me – so I made my own. Here is something I don’t like about most of the videos on youtube when it comes to affirmations, actually there are several things I don’t like about most of them and I wanted to share some thoughts ‘cause maybe you’d like to make a new one for yourself. One that really is designed for you.

Things that I think I can improve upon when making an affirmation recording (in no particular order):

I want a vocal ONLY affirmation recording. Here is why. I want to have the affirmations seperate from any music or other sounds so that I can have the affirmations playing and I can then open another sound file and have it playing at the same time. That way it doesn’t get old and I can change the feel and mood of it simply by changing the background sounds against which it plays.

Most of them have TOO MUCH TALKING on them. I find that when I’m listening to an audio, my mind NEEDS SPACE. Now let me explain this. Most of those audios have spoken words that you can clearly hear, which is fine, but, I want that stuff and I also want some subliminal stuff on it too. Here is what I did. I recorded a very brief intro that says something along the lines of “get comfortable and relax, pay attention to your breathing, in a few minutes we will begin relaxing, listening to our inner voice and then visualizing. Then I left a very nice long empty space before I said anything else on the recording. I did this so that I could have another audio of whatever I wanted playing against the recording.

After the long space, I recorded myself through some relaxation type phrases and then some phrases along the lines of listening to my inner self and focusing on what my inner self was bringing to my attention. Then I guided myself with some visualisation stuff to help me picture in my mind what I wanted. I gave myself plenty of space between the phrases. Now, here was my thinking for this “guided” section. I directed myself to pay attention to what my inner voice was trying to tell me so that I can use the audio with a sense of freedom in that I’m not forcing a particular topic on myself. This is also one of the reasons I don’t like some audio constantly talking “at” me. I want something that allows my inner self to direct where I’m going. After that meditation section, the subliminal section is the section I use to “direct” my mind. I created several generalized affirmations, but, generalized for the things I particularly want to focus on, things I think are ALWAYS worth focusing on. Things about planning, taking inventory, reassessing plans, eating healthy, etc… I added a nice long section of “subliminal” affirmations. All I did was recorded a few affirmations as low levels. I added some in the “center” of the track and some panned left and some panned right.

Okay, here is the last thing. A lot of stuff out there has “binaural” beats mixed in with the audios. I’m not even sure if they are beneficial. Maybe they are and maybe not, but, I want to choose for myself if I want to have a frequency wave or whatever playing when I’m listening and if I record the vocal only and leave that stuff out of the recording, like the music/nature sound, I can change it whenever I want.

I just wanted to share a few thoughts ‘cause it might give you guys some ideas.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I thought of one more thing.

I broke the recording into sections. Here is why. I can create a playlist.
Audio 1 is the full recording with the intro, the silent space and then the guided part of the meditation. Audio 2 is nothing but the affirmations. That way, when I go to bed I can play audio one and then play audio two as many times as I want.

I can cue it up like this.

1. Guided Meditation – (approximatelly 15 minutes)
2. Subliminal affirmations (approximately 15 minutes)
3. Subliminals again
4. subliminals again
5. etc…

That way the affirmation part can play all night long as I sleep.

ps,
some great sounds on youtube for backgrouns audios. Look up “train in the rain 8 hours, or horses walking on gravel, storms, pedestrian traffic, etc, all sorts of long audios you can use to create a playlist that plays alongside your personalized/custom affirmation recordings.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I love a lot of Drew's videos -generally referred to as Mindset Mondays-

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

good thread

want to return to later

I see opportunity everywhere! Every problem, every complaint, every wish, every desire is an opportunity!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareLivingLifeOfEase's post:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

wonderful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

& of course

always love reading your posts SRWE!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today as I start another day of

my life worth living - I focus on doing & being

mindfully as I ease thru things in  ways that matter most to me.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

wonderful thread Mr Brightside …from few years back

(:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT304TKki3_yPrry9d1YutM8WS60VeIjbgrRy1J_wkU8XI-01IX

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content